Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Hoisttheflag

Default Mets=World Series Champs

Is there anyone out there that can stop the Mets? How great is it going to be when they win the world series and the yankees don't even make the playoffs with their $200 million salary. Maybe Bellamy Road will keep George from killing himself.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Del Mar

David Wright made one of the finest double plays you'll ever see last night in the 9th. Anyone see this?

How he even stopped that ball is beyond me. The fact he makes the hard throw to 2nd and they turn 2 is mind blowing.

Mets are on fire and a cinch to win the division. That doesnt necessarily equate to a World Series title. Look at the Seattle Mariners 4-5 years ago when they won 120 games. Look at the Cardinals in 2004. They beat everybody in the regular season and playoffs but get swept by the Sox.

I want to see the Mets beat a healthy Cardinal team with Pujols back in the playoffs. Then I will be impressed.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
David Wright made one of the finest double plays you'll ever see last night in the 9th. Anyone see this?

How he even stopped that ball is beyond me. The fact he makes the hard throw to 2nd and they turn 2 is mind blowing.

Mets are on fire and a cinch to win the division. That doesnt necessarily equate to a World Series title. Look at the Seattle Mariners 4-5 years ago when they won 120 games. Look at the Cardinals in 2004. They beat everybody in the regular season and playoffs but get swept by the Sox.

I want to see the Mets beat a healthy Cardinal team with Pujols back in the playoffs. Then I will be impressed.
I saw that play. That guy is a star. The Mets Beltran-Delgado-Wright part of their order is the best I have seen in baseball in years. The Mets are my pick to win in all too if the Pelfrey kid comes up and is as good as everyone says. I am a little biased though, have been to nearly 400 games at Shea in my life. Nothing better than going to Belmont in the afternoon and catching a game at Shea in the evening.