Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2006, 11:13 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Its called self confidence and sex appeal...lol
Old 06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Also....chicks dig a guy that can make them laugh. Gotta have the sense of humor.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:05 PM
oracle80

And Mickelson with a very nice round in the clubhouse at even par with Vijay also a nice round at one over.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:07 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
And Mickelson with a very nice round in the clubhouse at even par with Vijay also a nice round at one over.
Phil played well...got it up and down nicely when missed greens. Afternoon is gonna be much tougher on everyone with the wind picking up.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Oriental Park

Default justin leonard

hope he makes the cut now at least , otherwise i'm dead in the office pool
Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Flemington

Good God.How can it be that nobody has had the nerve to off this irritating,pompous ass called Donald Trump?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Flemington

Tiger is lucky he didn't take a piece of some old lady's head off(when he hit the ball into the grandstand.)Folks, Tiger is an incredibly honest individual.If he doesn't have it on Thursday,it is rare that he finds it.He always says he is o.k. if he puts in 2 good rounds.Problem is he usually can't play much better on Friday.He can rally with a crippled game for a piece,but not the whole thing.I will tell you this.About 3 yrs. ago I saw a guy get a 2 or 3 shot lead on Saturday afternoon in the PGA CHAMPIONSHIP.He choked hard on the last 2 holes,and fell back into a tie going into Sunday.Many thought this player would continue to choke on Sunday.He did not.He won.His name is Shaun McHEEL(close enough.)I wouldn't be surprised if the player who had a 3 shot lead at one time today(and choked it away,)now goes out and plays like Shaun did on Sunday.The fact of the matter is that one person had enough game to get to -4 today,and to do that,he had to be playing at a very high level.Nobody else came close to playing that well.I think the British Open,and the Masters often do have a fluke 1st round leader that falls away.Sometimes the PGA AS WELL.I think this tournament and the PGA TOURNAMENT OF 2003(THAT McHEEL won)are similiar in that they played very,very hard.I think somebody who gets a 3 shot lead in the Masters in the 1st round can be a quite different situation than somebody getting to -4 in this tournament(in the 1st round.)I think his game (Howell's) had to be very good to do it,and I don't think it was a fluke.Sure,he had a nervous fit out there.It was a very new situation for him(leading a major by 3 shots.)I have seen this cat play.I have tried to beat him.I can tell you that this SOB can sink putt after putt on you.If he got rid of his nerves today(I think it is possibly the case,)then look out.This guy just might be the best putter I have ever seen play.Anyways,David Howell at 12-1 is my choice to win it.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Flemington

Used 4 Players...howell 12/1......odds Really Are Crap Considering The Task At Hand.

K Ferrie150/1(not 125/1)......real Good Ballstriker..poor Putter.

John Cook 125/1...son Caddying.

Kevin Stadler...125/1..streaky As It Gets.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 06-17-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Scuds...I put $$ on 3 players

D. Howell at 16-1 (clearly Europes best chance)
G. Olgivy at 18-1
C. Montgomerie at 20-1
Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Scuds...I put $$ on 3 players

D. Howell at 16-1 (clearly Europes best chance)
G. Olgivy at 18-1
C. Montgomerie at 20-1
what was furyk at?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 AM
5'8".. but all man!

I wanna say he was 8-1...but my memory is fading in my old age.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Del Mar

Monty is 20/1 right now, leading the tournament? How can that be?

I dont think we can assume Tiger would be tearing up this course if he hadnt taken the last 2 months off. Sure he would have probably shot better than +6 but in my opinion based on the other player's scores, I dont think Tiger would have been all that much better. Hes had rounds similar to this in big tournaments, not many, but he has had bad rounds in the past.

I look for Tiger to go for it today and either

1) Shoot 2 or 3 under par and put him in position to be within 3-4 shots from the lead after today.

2) Shoot another high round, maybe +4 or +5 ending his realistic chances to win this weekend, but maybe still making the cut.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Flemington

Kev,Howell is getting frustrated(something you can't allow to happen on a U.S. OPEN Course.)I figure the winner of this tournament is going to be even par or worse.These guys need to stick like glue in the even par to +5 range,and not freak about the bad shot they just made(obviously if only one person is under par,then defense is offense right now.)My guess is Ogilvy will be your lowest score at the end of today.Wow,Howell just hit a beautiful shot to hopefully save par on a par 5.He needs to keep it in the +3 to+5 range (because I think his mind will turn off and quit if he gets to the +6 to +7 range.)
Old 06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Kev,Howell is getting frustrated(something you can't allow to happen on a U.S. OPEN Course.)I figure the winner of this tournament is going to be even par or worse.These guys need to stick like glue in the even par to +5 range,and not freak about the bad shot they just made(obviously if only one person is under par,then defense is offense right now.)My guess is Ogilvy will be your lowest score at the end of today.Wow,Howell just hit a beautiful shot to hopefully save par on a par 5.He needs to keep it in the +3 to+5 range (because I think his mind will turn off and quit if he gets to the +6 to +7 range.)
That was why I like Ogilvy...hes normally rock solid, emotions wise.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Flemington

If ever there was a track for that boring FURYK to win at,it is this one.The guy simply is unwatchable.Your mind will wonder.He is just simply the most boring player (to watch) who ever played this game.He is the king of hanging around like algae,and that attribute will do you much good at this track.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:42 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If ever there was a track for that boring FURYK to win at,it is this one.The guy simply is unwatchable.Your mind will wonder.He is just simply the most boring player (to watch) who ever played this game.He is the king of hanging around like algae,and that attribute will do you much good at this track.

I love him on this track, but I needed better than 8-1 on him.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I love him on this track, but I needed better than 8-1 on him.
Yea,I can't bet that algae,but his whole game is about hanging around for a top 5/10,and that can easily become the winner here.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Flemington

Nice to see Striker playing well.Reminds me of a 80k claimer running for 6,250.It ain't about whether the thing is gunna fall apart,but when it will do that. Unfortunately,he is mentally diseased.Not a thing wrong with his game.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Flemington

Howell doubled the par 3 7th hole.LOL..Not tough enough (mentally) to hang in there.Got frustrated,and the swing was that of a 5 year old.He will have many more chances to win a major.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Flemington

Lost 7 shots in 7 holes.No better(mentally)than a weekend hacker.This is the same guy that looked Tiger in the eye in China,and simply would not give an inch? English papers will crucify this guy.