Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Steve Byk

Default HRTV audio added to SXM lineup

As hinted for the past couple of months, HRTV's audio stream has been added to the Sirius 93, XM 209 & SportsZone 961 channels augmenting ATR, HRRN and Down the Stretch for virtual 24 hour horse racing and equine sport coverage...
Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Flemington

209 still has the repetitive sports programing babble.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
209 still has the repetitive sports programing babble.
On XM, it may be less constant because of the bandwith issue. With all the sports play-by-play channels on XM, they may cherry pick when they utilize the HRTV feed. It all is just getting going. I'll find out specifics this week.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Oriental Park

Steve,
You are not on Sirius/XM internet 961 this morning. New channel?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Hollywood Park

Still business as usual on Sirius 93; ESPN Chicago still comes on at 10am.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Oriental Park

It is on now.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Hollywood Park

Today (after 10AM) my Sirius radio is tuned to 93, and the screen is saying "At The Races...", but the audio is still ESPN Chicago.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Hollywood Park

The display on my Sirius receiver says HRTV, but the audio is still ESPN Chigago. I just wrote to Sirius to see what was up, but does anyone here have any ideas?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Del Mar

Steve,

What's the deal on this? They never changed.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder View Post
Steve,

What do you mean? HRTV feed has been running on SXM when ATR, HRRN or DTS aren't on.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Steve,

XM 209 has never played HRTV on any channel to my knowledge so far, you get Steve in the AM and replay's, the pre race card Saturday people, occasionally weekend racing via the horse racing radio network but never HRTV unless they are using another channel other than XM 209. TVG is long gone off XM as far as I can tell...

Satellite sports on the radio is still an ugly mess since the merger now with the loss of NFL Network's programming on mobile devices and the continued record setting underperforming of their third world based customer service at least for customers who signed up initially for XM.

Maybe with the new year things will get cleaned up a bit but I wouldn't hold my breath....
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
What do you mean? HRTV feed has been running on SXM when ATR, HRRN or DTS aren't on.
This must be for initial sign up Sirius customers. I realize it is all supposed to be one organization XM/Sirius since the merger but do not find that to be the case as evidenced again by your post above. It could be a technical glitch which I seem to be cornering the market on lately but something is amiss here.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Flemington

I've heard HRTV on 209, the problem for me is that on weekends after DTS it's just the "what's on sirius sports radio" ad infinitum that is played on at least 5 channels.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Hollywood Park

No HRTV feed on Sirius 93...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Del Mar

As some are saying, I'm getting the switch over to Chicago and NY espn feeds and Waddle and whatever and not these great horsey shows my ears want to hear. Not as you say.
Quote:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Del Mar

I've has Sirius for 5-6 years. I get switched over at 9am to espn crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
This must be for initial sign up Sirius customers. I realize it is all supposed to be one organization XM/Sirius since the merger but do not find that to be the case as evidenced again by your post above. It could be a technical glitch which I seem to be cornering the market on lately but something is amiss here.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
I've has Sirius for 5-6 years. I get switched over at 9am to espn crap.
Same here. At times the screen on my Sirius receiver does say HRTV, but it's definitely ESPN crap on the audio.

I emailed Sirius:
Quote:
I am a Sirius subscriber. I understand that channel 93 Sports Play-By-Play is supposed to be carrying the feed from the Horse Racing televison channel HRTV. Unfortunately, while the display screen on my receiver says HRTV, the audio playing is still ESPN Chicago. Will this be fixed so the horse racing fans such as myself can enjoy this programming? Thank you for your attention.
And this was their response:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding Sports Play-by-Play Ch. 93. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We continually rely on customer feedback like yours and research to enhance your entertainment experience. As we strive to create the most diverse listening experience available, we find that the feedback we receive is crucial to our success. We are forwarding your comments to the appropriate programming team. In the future, you can contact the channel directly by visiting the link below and search for the specific channel where you are able to get the channel's contact information and provide additional feedback.

http://www.siriusxm.com

Your patience in this matter is appreciated.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Original Sirius people do not get this on 93. This programming is all available on your channel on the internet radio.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Original Sirius people do not get this on 93. This programming is all available on your channel on the internet radio.
This is very odd...

I've been away now 10 days, but I'm sure the XM in my Buick and the Stiletto Sirius boombox in the house both had the HR feed over the holidays... I'll check with New York soon as I get a chance for exact schedule.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Belmont Park

FYI this is what we get in Tampa on Sirius 93:

6:00 AM - 9:00 AM = Previous Day's ATR
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM = Live ATR
10:00 AM - 2PM - Waddles and Slappy (Chicago ESPN I believe)
2PM - 4PM - Lupica
4PM - 7PM sometimes HRRN (usually Thursday and Friday or just Friday) mostly Don LaGreca and Michael Kay

On Sunday I think they played HRTV's feed in between college basketball.