Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Gulfstream Park

Steve

XM does the TVG call of races during the day here on east coast. are they bumping them off the air. It wouldn't be bad to hear your guests in the AM. Might be tough to get some trainers as they are probably still at their barns doing AM workouts.

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Arlington Park

we all want to support steve and the show but this move makes it REALLY tough for most of us.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Morris Park

You will soon be the new "Howard Stern". Any chance you will hire "Baba Boooooey".
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default Hobson's Choice

ATR in the morning is better than no ATR...but really...do the programming people understand that a show about racing during the prime racing hours (live calls) is what makes this show even more enjoyable? I can't imagine a Friday before the Derby without the call of the Oaks on ATR...etc. etc. etc.

I am sorry that racing fans are being dealt another bad hand. Steve, you should have the programming people read this thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the T View Post
You will soon be the new "Howard Stern". Any chance you will hire "Baba Boooooey".
He has joey
Old 06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Santa Anita

Explain to the SiriusXM people that when Kent goes on vacation he probably sleeps in. How are we supposed to catch him enjoying fizzy lifting drinks that early?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
He has joey
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Les Bois

This is horrible. I am on the west coast driving long distances to shows in the afternoons and ATR keeps me awake and lets me hear the races. ATR is my reason to have Sirius. Now I think I will drop it. It is the one program I want that I can't get in a timely manner anywhere else. Too bad. Steve, be sure the progammers read all of these comments.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Hialeah Park

I'd hold out for more money Steve
Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Ellis Park

I admit I am not a radio programmer, nor do I have any idea how Sirius works as far as who goes where, but aren't there three or four other stations in the mid to upper 120s that are dark (as in the "today on Sirius sports..." recording) or playing some $hit that NOBODY could possibly be listening to, like European slalom racing-type events? Is a channel switch an option?

I'm grabbing at straws here. I really like my 4-7 ATR.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean smith View Post
I admit I am not a radio programmer, nor do I have any idea how Sirius works as far as who goes where, but aren't there three or four other stations in the mid to upper 120s that are dark (as in the "today on Sirius sports..." recording) or playing some $hit that NOBODY could possibly be listening to, like European slalom racing-type events? Is a channel switch an option?

Look you're dealing with incompetent douchers. Any company that would give Stern $500 million to produce such horrible content deserves to fail. Stern basically said FU and pocketed the majority of the programming money. Outside of his show the next in line is Miserable Men? Hell, Riley Martin could be the highest rated wack pack show and he only pays him $400/show.

Why Mel Karmazin wasn't forced out is beyond me.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Tropical Park

Not good
Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean smith View Post

How Sirius programming works is a mystery, to be sure. There have been a couple of occasions that ATR was bumped for NASCAR coverage when the same exact NASCAR coverage was on another channel. I'd bounce back and forth between the channels hearing the same thing as was like, wtf?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Oriental Park

My hope is they move ATR to the morning so that the station would carry racing all day. I'm sure sirius got some complaints about taking off live racing to go to a talk show. Lets hope that their plan is to have ATR as a lead in to all day racing. Probably not but we can hope.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
My hope is they move ATR to the morning so that the station would carry racing all day. I'm sure sirius got some complaints about taking off live racing to go to a talk show. Lets hope that their plan is to have ATR as a lead in to all day racing. Probably not but we can hope.
Not. They hardly ever play TVG on Saturdays.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Jerome Park

Here is a link to write to them with complaints. Not sure if it will make a difference or not though.

http://www.sirius.com/customercare
Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 AM
arizonadave

I wonder if they will have TVG the rest of the day, giving us the live race calls of the NY and California tracks they cover. That would be a nice change, Steve in the morning and live race calls of all the races in the afternoon.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfGrey View Post
How Sirius programming works is a mystery, to be sure. There have been a couple of occasions that ATR was bumped for NASCAR coverage when the same exact NASCAR coverage was on another channel. I'd bounce back and forth between the channels hearing the same thing as was like, wtf?
Another mystery to me was cancelling the punk channel and telling people to listen to Faction instead.

Ok whatever, but when Steve isn't live and I want to listen to music on my way home they have fcking Jason Ellis on.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Golden Gate

I can't understand why you would take a winner of a show and move it up in the day to go against other sports talk programming. This change in the industry is almost as unsettling as the advent of artificial surfaces rather than dirt.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
The Curragh

Hopefully your getting a raise and will be making the money you deserve for having far and away the best horse racing show on radio or television. The fact that you continuously fill 15 hours of air time each and every week makes your efforts extraordinary.

The day will come when you will have options in the industry that few others have. If Andy can become the best known handicapper working for the most influential racing circuit in the country, there is no reason why you cannot achieve a following of similar significance within a reasonable amount of time and growth. Good things continue to occur, they are just different not necessarily bad. Congrats are actually in order and are extended sincerely.

Last edited by docicu3 : 06-08-2010 at 02:53 PM.