Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Santa Anita

The Cavaliers had a 42-16 lead in their most recent game. It just wasn't a big enough lead evidently!! The Brazilian was back flopping and rebounding so that's a good thing at least! It's Browns bye week, that's always a good thing. They go to the Jerry Jones house of horrors next...that's usually a place you can pick up a win. That's pure dysfunction in that place.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post
One other itty bitty....I am very happy we do not have pro hockey..That is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen.They players literally try to kill each other and as far as being able to see the puck from anywhere but rink side is like,4-get it.Plus, there's just no real intelligence working there on the objective;whack the puck into the net.

Basketball is a little better, bot not all that much.

Arena baseball?

Soccer is awful.

I wish there was more and better boxing.It's day may have passed....like Horsey Racing.I accidentally(honest) placed my hand and cupped it perfectly onto a 22 year old girl's boo bee.I somewhat quickly removed it and apologized profusely,telling her it was entirely a mistake.All she could do was turn the brightest shade of red and laugh.

That is not a sport, but it should be.
Yeah, back in the 70s I could probably name the top 5 boxers in almost every weight class as a kid. Frank Luca trained Ernie Shavers and his son was my age and we went to Sunday school together. He went to the Ali/Shavers fight and I was in awe of him talking about it. Today I cannot name one professional boxer.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
pointmanscousin

Interesting and so very true.

Maybe slot machines at boxing matches would turn things around.

I think installing slot machines at GMC dealers could have saved us a lot of money.

In fact,here in Cleveland....I would right now settle for a slot machine in left and at third.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Santa Anita

I actually have some hope for Chisnehall at third. He broke his arm last year. But I've had hope for lots of guys before. That a farm system can produce zero outfielders when you play 3 of them every day at every level is a bit dispiriting however. Plus I think you're gonna be forced to trade chew this year too which leaves a slot machine in right field too.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Santa Anita

I have long harped on this about guitar hero Carlos Santana and playing first base only for years it seems like now. With the internets you can actually get these stats pretty easily now. In the first half he played exclusively catcher and allegedly improved on defense but he hit under .220....he started to play some more first base in the second half and ended up at .252.

Here you go, Santana in his over 100 games catching... 349 at bats, 10 home runs, .241 average, .345 on base percentage, .393 slugging.

Santana in 20 starts at first base..... 61 at bats, 5 home runs, .344 average, .475 on base percentage, .656 slugging.

If even an idiot like me can figure this out...."hey kid, go stand at first base, catch it when it's thrown to you and hit the crap out of the ball", is all the coaching required for this guy and they refuse to figure out what is staring them in the face. I dont' get it.

(although I looked and in 2011 he actually hit a hair better while playing catcher! so I'm just manipulating stats to make my point, it's fun, I should be a politician.)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
pointmanscousin

Gosh!!...that was highly amusing stuff,sir!

I've always thought a huge mistake was made when they switched him from stratocaster to dropper.He has dh written all over him.It's funny, good defensive catchers are important.Thy have one in Lou...Marston,I think? Between the two positions, I'd much rather have Santana at first.

Here's why( a few instant broadcast replays):

================================================== ====

"Masterson delivers, runner going from first!....called strike 3....oh what a throw by Santana to second!! Bob, if that throw were just 40 feet lower....the runner is a dead duck at second."

"Yous said it,Ray."

================================================== =
"Shoo circles the fly ball,times the the catch perfectly on the run.....here comes the throw home......Santana applies the tag!!....What's this? The umpire calls the runner safe?"

"Santana didn't have the ball,Ray."

"He didn't?"

"Uh, no."

"How could he miss it? The throw was perfect!"

"New Santana category: Passed balls on outfield throws to home."

================================================== ====

"Aw fer fucl< sakes, Bob."

"Santana just is not a catcher,Ray."

"Bob, how does a 98 mph fast ball right down the middle of the plate get missed by the batter....yet the catcher commits a passed ball??"

"He fell down."

"How the fucl< do you fall down in a catchers crouch!!?"

" Ah dunno, Ray."
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Santa Anita

Tribe shopping Masterson, Choo....Red Sox interested. Also taking offers for Cabrera and Perez. Could enter season with only 4 major league players on the roster....Brantley, Kipnis, Santana and Pestano. It should work. Maybe they can get Urns back from the Marlins, they're having a big fire sale there. A 550 at bat season for Urns wearing Tribe gear is needed.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Santa Anita

A full season of Obaldo last year almost made me miss Talbots too. Talbots may have been just a hair better.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
pointmanscousin

!!

But you know, the one thing that scares me is their dangling Masterson.His first full year as a starter was a deceptively very good one.Last season , it was Jeckyll/Hyde.....literally.One game off, one on, one off....etc.

Unless they get overwhelmed....that's a trade not to make.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Tribe shopping Masterson, Choo....Red Sox interested. Also taking offers for Cabrera and Perez. Could enter season with only 4 major league players on the roster....Brantley, Kipnis, Santana and Pestano. It should work. Maybe they can get Urns back from the Marlins, they're having a big fire sale there. A 550 at bat season for Urns wearing Tribe gear is needed.
spit!

But "only"?

That's not so bad for the Tribe lately.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Santa Anita

It's time to ask the question. Will inner-city be undefeated for his career at OSU???
Old 11-17-2012, 11:15 PM
pointmanscousin

It is looking that way,aye?

Let's hope The Dope says Michigan is not going to lose to Ohio State next Saturday.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Santa Anita

this is cool, at this present time after last night the Browns and Cavs have identical 2-7 records, it can keep going as after tonight both will have identical 2-8 records. that might be just about the coolest thing in the world. And then the Cavs don't play again until Wednesday, I mean how many times has that happened when a NBA and NFL team in the same city in late November have identical records at the end of 4 straight calendar days. There must be some kind of major award for this accomplishment, no??

Cleveland sports, where meaningless records go to die. Elias sports mathematicians need to study this upcoming feat.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Santa Anita

more good cleveland stat stuff. Kyrie Irving with the oddest point guard stat line I've ever seen last night...

26 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists

I wondered how is it possible a point guard playing over 30 minutes could possibly have 0 assists, then I looked deeper and saw everyone else shot about 2 for 15 and then it all made sense. Poor Kyrie!, free agency is one day closer! I'm however confident he won't conduct a 6 hour EVPN special on his signing day and announce where he will be taking hie talents and he will modestly thank the city of cleveland and it's fans for supporting him.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Santa Anita

Brownies dominated the cry folk for 3 quarters. For some reason they are still enforcing the games are 4 quarters rule. That's a shame. It's been over 14 months since a road win anyway, wouldn't want to stop that streak.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Santa Anita

It was touch and go there for awhile but they got the job done in the end, took them to get to overtime to grab the L, but if there's one thing the Brownies can do it's grab a L!! Cavs turn now to grab the L and match them.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM
mortimer's-starship

O=:>
Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM
mortimer's-starship

Welcome to the huge ,world wide contingent of Cleveland Sporty News Fans.I know you are all excited to be updated on the trials and tribulations of Cleveland Sporty teams.

I look forward to seeing my very good friend.....horsey-coursey....back for his keen insights.

The Indians dazed and confused me by winning 92 games.The idea of making the play offs in that one game thing doesn't do much for me.It's dumb.Why bother? The big thing was the leap frog improvement from that retched '12 season.

Ohio State is doing top shelf admirable work.

The Browns....

The Cavaliers....

Say! How about those doggoned Mount Union Purpley Raiders!?What a swell football team they continue to be.

Almost hit a deer last night.He had that "Weeden in the headlights" face on.That guy is horrible.Trading Richards was a master stroke.I notice some here thought it a little dumb.I think they are a lot dumb.

That'll about do 'er for now.So excited to see the Browns again this Sunday.They play a game no one recognizes.But the other side of that one is -----it's a great excuse.Maybe their owner will change the name to the Flying J's.Probably closer to a representative name.

More fine work later.

Remain calm.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 AM
mortimer's-starship

Sporty Fans....I really,really like Ohio State minus 13.5 against State Penn.I know I messed up the last one, but I really,really like this one.

Mr.Hyde runs admirably and I am waiting for his counter,Dr.Jeckyll,to reveal himself.I think it will be Wilson.That would be fun.

The Vulvarenes really blow this year-----again.They will be annihilated by Ohio State later next month.Early tip for you there.

The Browns are holding quarterback tryouts at Paul Revere elementary school tomorrow.Anyone may give it a go.Chances are someone will be found to show more potential than Weeden; whose potential has come and gone.

Riddle:

Ohio State has had 3 Griffins who started at running back for at least one game.A Daffy Danny Wobble Head to the first person naming all three.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
mortimer's-starship

No one will get that riddle.

In gridiron news (this stuff, one cannot make up )...Jeff Garcia ( 43 and after a 5year lay off of barely hanging on in the NFL) has offered his services to the Browns.

The "hurt me-hurt me" part is I am surprised the team turned him down.

Life really is stranger than fiction.