Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Longchamps

Cavs win! Beat clippers
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Santa Anita

Obviously a better team without that stiff Kyrie Irving!!

(I'm joking!) I'm sure the Lakers took note of that 24 point 13 assist effort by Sessions as the main man however!!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Santa Anita

Browns typically fail in the RG 3 sweepstakes....which is probably good as the Redskins gave up everything. Great deal for the Rams. No pressure at all on Griffin in DC!!

Cavs win two straight road games against winning teams?? Just when the Varejao injury looks to have them heading toward worst 5 status they win out west. 8-17 against the East and 7-6 against the West. That doesn't seem to make sense.

In the most unsurprising news of the century another serious injury for Sizeless. Incredible.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Santa Anita

Cavs continue to be a professionally run organization as opposed to the Browns. Gilbert takes on more salary to get a free draft pick. Sessions free agent after this year so he was definitely gone...no way he stays to be Irving's caddy. Shame their two best players played the same position....but taking on Baron Davis salary last year netted them Kyrie Irving, as it was the clippers pick that became the number one, not their own. Get another 1st rounder next year although it will be a low pick...25 or so, doesn't matter. also will likely improve their own lottery position by dumping Sessions as well. So I really don't mind taking on Walton's salary at all for a little bit. Everyone thinks the Lakers got the best of this deal which may be true, but a very smart move by the Cavs looking at the big picture.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Cavs continue to be a professionally run organization as opposed to the Browns. Gilbert takes on more salary to get a free draft pick. Sessions free agent after this year so he was definitely gone...no way he stays to be Irving's caddy. Shame their two best players played the same position....but taking on Baron Davis salary last year netted them Kyrie Irving, as it was the clippers pick that became the number one, not their own. Get another 1st rounder next year although it will be a low pick...25 or so, doesn't matter. also will likely improve their own lottery position by dumping Sessions as well. So I really don't mind taking on Walton's salary at all for a little bit. Everyone thinks the Lakers got the best of this deal which may be true, but a very smart move by the Cavs looking at the big picture.
It was pretty much a non factor of a move really. Sessions was leaving anyway so they more or less bought a low draft pick which a few clubs are willing to sell each year. It wasnt a bad move but I wouldnt give them too much credit
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Santa Anita

Not that it belongs in the Cleveland thread but the great Lehigh Mountain Hawk guard CJ McCollum and horseofcourse are graduates of the same high school!! Way to represent CJ! (he was a lot better than me for the record )
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Not that it belongs in the Cleveland thread but the great Lehigh Mountain Hawk guard CJ McCollum and horseofcourse are graduates of the same high school!! Way to represent CJ! (he was a lot better than me for the record )
Did you actually graduate or declare for the draft early?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Did you actually graduate or declare for the draft early?
For some reason college recruiters ignored me when I was still playing Junior Varsity as a Junior, I couldn't figure it out. As a Senior, it was very apparent my future in b-ball was a future university intramural hack! CJ's 5 for 22 against Xavier was something I know very well!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Santa Anita

Where's clyde when you need him to comment on the latest Obaldo disaster of stupidity?? It remains astounding they traded for this clown. He'll be out of professional baseball by August. He's that bad.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Santa Anita

Through one half inning of the 2012 MLB season the INdian pitching staff is on pace to strike out 4,374 batters this year. (I may haave to hold onto this one half inning of dominance for a long time!! It may be all I have!)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Del Mar

is kipnis any good?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
is kipnis any good?
I hope so. For a team that starts Jack Hannahan, Shelley Duncan, and Casey Kotchman, you hope someone might be good! He played very well in his callup last year then got hurt like the rest of the team unfortunately. They actually should have won yesterday. The demise of Chris Perez the last several months last year again reared it's ugly head, and his head is quite ugly. Kipnis won the hunger games too, oh wait, that was Katnis.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Santa Anita

I've been instructed to only come to this particular thread henceforth so I shall. It's April and the Indians are in first place....Hurraay!! 10 straight with the royals, Mariners and A's can do that for you. May will be here soon enough.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Santa Anita

The Johnny Damon era starts tonight! It's getting serious now, the calendar says May and the Tribe still sits on top.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
is kipnis any good?
as of today he leads the team in home runs, triples, runs scored, rbi, and stolen bases. Well, it's still May but still in first place and so far so good for Mr Kipnis.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Santa Anita

America's Team 2 is once again proving it is April/May baseball at it's finest!! Could be two straight years as the Triple Crown front runner...first place on Derby/Preakness/ and Belmont Stakes days! It's fools gold, but at least a Cleveland team is relevent for a few months. The Cleveland Browns are never relevant.

Derek Lowe, ugliest shutout in major league history perhaps.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Santa Anita

There's gonna be hell fire coming after you tomorrow Verlander!! Party's over.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Only the Tigers can figure out a way to have a guy give up five walks, not have a blatant balk called, and still only score one run through six innings.

Oh, and don't forget the part where their superstar 3B was called out at a very close play at first. Just not the Tigers year, this 2012.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

And nobody manages like it's 1987 like Jim Leyland. he can retire anytime now, please.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
The Johnny Damon era starts tonight! It's getting serious now, the calendar says May and the Tribe still sits on top.
Johnny Damon is still in the league? What's he, 58 now?