Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 AM
Steve Byk

Default SWLY works today/CD ALW's

Sumwon works this morning under Willie Martinez after the break... And there are a pair of filly N1X/ALW's today at Churchill that bear watching as a reflection of her prospects next Friday.. 8th (7f, 3+) and 9th (3yo, 1m-T).

In 8th, Sumwon as 'fast' on figs as most, and would likely have been 4th-5th choice (8-1, maybe 10-1). 2-5-6-9 have run lower numbers on TG, with only 5-6 having better career high Beyers.

Turf race (9th) was the 'MTO' opportunity Chuck considered, and it is deep and contentious as a lawn event. There is another 'MTO' race for Saturday that Chuck is considering as well...

Should be interesting to see what occurs here. 8th is 2nd ALW (with Girls Pearls' race last week) that had fields where Sumwon would fit. Let's hope there aren't any tigers waiting around for next Friday's heat..

Last edited by Kasept : 05-16-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Dee Tee Stables

so she may not run next friday, but next sat instead?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
so she may not run next friday, but next sat instead?
Tiny chance of that..
Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Tiny chance of that..
ok
Old 05-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Should be interesting to see what occurs here. 8th is 2nd ALW (with Girls Pearls' race last week) that had fields where Sumwon would fit. Let's hope there aren't any tigers waiting around for next Friday's heat..
If Willie can get Sumwon to transfer over and respond to him, in a race situation, as well as she's been responding in the more relaxed morning to Cherie regarding the lead change into the stretch, this peanut gallery occupant thinks she picks up one or, more likely, two lengths. Chuck?

We had a downpour last night, but assume the track stayed good and the work happened this morning?

Can't wait to watch the replays of today's races, and read the TG's, with Sumwon in mind. This is a fun part of this partnership, learning how and why trainers spot horses.

You know, I was watching Sumwon's old races last night at work (what a difference!), and re-reading the early postings regarding when the partnership was proposed, the filly first purchased, and the journey to date with this filly ... quite the exciting ride you boys have given us!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Sha Tin

no work, too muddy
Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
no work, too muddy
Dang. Tomorrow? What time? (I can drive from Cincinnati to Louisville in ... 48 minutes?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
no work, too muddy
In hindsight (with hindsight being 20/20), if you had entered Sumwon in today's turf race as MTO, would you have also scratched her due to the muddy track? If you had decided to run her, how do you think she would have done against the remaining 5 entrants?

(I know this is all hypothetical. I'm just curious.)
Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i would think that's the point of entering MTO--they don't come off unless the turf is too wet, so that would mean a muddy main track.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Dang. Tomorrow? What time? (I can drive from Cincinnati to Louisville in ... 48 minutes?
I will most likely wait until Friday
Old 05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
In hindsight (with hindsight being 20/20), if you had entered Sumwon in today's turf race as MTO, would you have also scratched her due to the muddy track? If you had decided to run her, how do you think she would have done against the remaining 5 entrants?

(I know this is all hypothetical. I'm just curious.)
I probably would have run
Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i would think that's the point of entering MTO--they don't come off unless the turf is too wet, so that would mean a muddy main track.
In California, they will sometimes take a race off the turf, but the main track has been sealed and is listed as 'wet fast'. If the rains continues, it becomes 'muddy'.

Churchill's main track is listed as 'muddy'. I was interested to see what Chuck would have done with Sumwon.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Sumwon works this morning under Willie Martinez after the break... And there are a pair of filly N1X/ALW's today at Churchill that bear watching as a reflection of her prospects next Friday.. 8th (7f, 3+) and 9th (3yo, 1m-T)...
so, No dirt races at 1 1/16mi. ?

Quote:
In 8th, Sumwon as 'fast' on figs as most, and would likely have been 4th-5th choice (8-1, maybe 10-1). 2-5-6-9 have run lower numbers on TG, with only 5-6 having better career high Beyers. ..
You have the entrants for her race on May 25th and have the PP's already? I thought you had to wait until they draw to know who was going where.

Quote:
Turf race (9th) was the 'MTO' opportunity Chuck considered, and it is deep and contentious as a lawn event. There is another 'MTO' race for Saturday that Chuck is considering as well.....
Like I said before. I am all for Chuck getting a check. I just will not make plans for a MTO appearance.

Quote:
Pace makes the race. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that Sumwon likes to be involved early. So long as there are no Bushfires in the race...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
And there are a pair of filly N1X/ALW's today at Churchill that bear watching as a reflection of her prospects next Friday.. 8th (7f, 3+) and 9th (3yo, 1m-T).

In 8th, Sumwon as 'fast' on figs as most, and would likely have been 4th-5th choice (8-1, maybe 10-1). 2-5-6-9 have run lower numbers on TG, with only 5-6 having better career high Beyers.
And the results for the 8th were:
9-7-4-5 (6-8-10-3-2-1) 23.34 46.56 1:12.10 1:25:13

9 - Nonesuch Kiss 6(1) - 6(2) - 2(2 1/2) - 1(1 1/4), never far back, commenced a sweeping five wide rally approaching the stretch, took over from front-running Mama's Temper about the sixteenth pole and drove clear. 2007 TG 7-13-10

7 - Thruforthenight 8(2) - 7(head) - 3(1/2) - 2(2), forced out just after the start, was outrun for a half, advanced five or six wide into the final furlong and clearly bested the others. 2007 TG 11

4 - You Call That Art 7 - 7(1) - 8(2) - 5(1 1/2) - 2(1 1/4), outrun until near the lane, rallied six or seven wide and finished willingly. 2007 TG 11-10

5 - Southern Flu 9 - 10 - 6(2) - 4 (1/2), reserved at once and angled to the rail, saved ground into the stretch, came around a tiring Mama's Temper in the final furlong to be three wide and managed a mild gain. 2007 TG 17-9
Old 05-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

9 - Nonesuch Kiss 6(1) - 6(2) - 2(2 1/2) - 1(1 1/4), never far back, commenced a sweeping five wide rally approaching the stretch, took over from front-running Mama's Temper about the sixteenth pole and drove clear. 2007 TG 7-13-10

7 - Thruforthenight 8(2) - 7(head) - 3(1/2) - 2(2), forced out just after the start, was outrun for a half, advanced five or six wide into the final furlong and clearly bested the others. 2007 TG 11

4 - You Call That Art 7 - 7(1) - 8(2) - 5(1 1/2) - 2(1 1/4), outrun until near the lane, rallied six or seven wide and finished willingly. 2007 TG 11-10

5 - Southern Flu 9 - 10 - 6(2) - 4 (1/2), reserved at once and angled to the rail, saved ground into the stretch, came around a tiring Mama's Temper in the final furlong to be three wide and managed a mild gain. 2007 TG 17-9
oh duh
now I get it

so , how many times did you have the Super
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
so , how many times did you have the Super
Didn't play it, and if I did, I wouldn't have been anywhere close!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:

The way Chuck has her going...I think she could have run 7f in 23/46 and 1:25 for 7f no problem.