Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Keeneland

Default Sumwon visit today, race pictures

Went over this morning and saw Sumwon gallop - I believe Chuck said this was her first gallop after her race. She looks great - didn't seem to lose any weight, she was happy and calm in her stall, friendly, a bit spoiled looking for her peppermints <g>

Cherie jogged her down into the chute, did a few big circles with her to relax her, then brought her back out and let her gallop easily for a bit. She was moving very nicely, very relaxed - when they left the track, the filly got a bit fussy - Cherie thought she wanted to stay out on the track, and do more.

Sumwon likes her work. She has simply thrived and blossomed under Chuck's and Cherie's care!

Sumwon trivia! Chuck called the racing office - Sumwon's "real" birthday is April 4. We missed a DT party opportunity :-(

AND spent the afternoon at Keeneland, so I stopped by the photographer. There are about 9 pictures that include Sumwon from her race. I ordered three - a good paddock pic with James up, showing the DT silks well; a picture just after the break, when she was laying outside on the stretch about 4 back, the first time past the finish line (good racing pic); and a good paddock picture. Will pick them up in a few days.

I don't know if there is a KEE or photog website others can look at these, anybody? I forgot to ask the KEE photographer.

A Sumwon sort of day As usual, Chuck was more than gracious and fun to be with! Thanks, Chuck!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Newmarket

Very interesting and informative recap

thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Went over this morning and saw Sumwon gallop - I believe Chuck said this was her first gallop after her race. She looks great - didn't seem to lose any weight, she was happy and calm in her stall, friendly, a bit spoiled looking for her peppermints <g>

Cherie jogged her down into the chute, did a few big circles with her to relax her, then brought her back out and let her gallop easily for a bit. She was moving very nicely, very relaxed - when they left the track, the filly got a bit fussy - Cherie thought she wanted to stay out on the track, and do more.

Sumwon likes her work. She has simply thrived and blossomed under Chuck's and Cherie's care!

Sumwon trivia! Chuck called the racing office - Sumwon's "real" birthday is April 4. We missed a DT party opportunity :-(

AND spent the afternoon at Keeneland, so I stopped by the photographer. There are about 9 pictures that include Sumwon from her race. I ordered three - a good paddock pic with James up, showing the DT silks well; a picture just after the break, when she was laying outside on the stretch about 4 back, the first time past the finish line (good racing pic); and a good paddock picture. Will pick them up in a few days.

I don't know if there is a KEE or photog website others can look at these, anybody? I forgot to ask the KEE photographer.

A Sumwon sort of day As usual, Chuck was more than gracious and fun to be with! Thanks, Chuck!
i nosed around the keeneland site a bit, go to :

patlangphotos.com to order phots. according to keeneland, about 1k photos are taken a day.

i'm looking now to see if any are available of sumwon!

thanks for the update.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

now that site sent me to racehorsephoto.com....
Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

back to the drawing board.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Keeneland

Sumwon wants YOU and your PEPPERMINTS!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I left 'em with enough peppermints to rot all of her teeth.

if you find the pics let us know how to get 'em. I would like to have one of her up on the pace on that grass at Keeneland
at least I think I do
when I went to take that pic the camera died on me

grrrr

thanks for the update
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Goodwood

Thanks for the update Riot.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Lincoln Fields

Don't think ever got to post a thanks to Chuck and his crew for sending out Sumwon lookin like she just stepped out of a bandbox and to Steve for doing such a good job on the Dee Tee silks - know it's not a beauty contest, but heck she sure looked good all rubbed and polished out - as a matter of fact, from the pictures posted all of you looked great, glad everyone had a wonderful time - can't believe it's only been a week! Thanks for the updates..
Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:

Hello Riot,

Was a pleasure to meet you at kee. May be there Saturday/Sunday.

Will you be there?

NC Tony
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Keeneland

NC Tony, I was going to call you today regarding the photos (to see if you were at Kee, I didn't see you) but didn't have your cell.

Can't be there Sat/Sun Are you going to be there next week at all?

Photos are supposed to be ready Friday (they are all on computer) - I did ask if they would do a disc, but the answer was a reasonable and I guess expected "no" due to copyright.

I'll try then to find out how others can view them and order them, if nobody else more familiar with it can come up with an answer before then
Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 AM

What ? no electronic copies. you have to buy the prints?
How much is that?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
NC Tony, I was going to call you today regarding the photos (to see if you were at Kee, I didn't see you) but didn't have your cell.

Can't be there Sat/Sun Are you going to be there next week at all?

Photos are supposed to be ready Friday (they are all on computer) - I did ask if they would do a disc, but the answer was a reasonable and I guess expected "no" due to copyright.

I'll try then to find out how others can view them and order them, if nobody else more familiar with it can come up with an answer before then
Thank you riot for all of your efforts in finding a way for us to see them.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Hollywood Park

Default Sumwon photos

Hello all -

I just got off the phone with Patrick Lang (photographer) He remmebered Dr. Conley and said the pictures she was looking at were quite nice. He does not have them up on the internet just yet. He said he will size them for the internet (proofs) and then send them to me, but not until tonight. Once I receive them I will post the info on DerbyTrail. He will include purchasing info in the e-mail which I will share with everyone.

Maybe the next track photos we get will be in the winner's circle
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:

Thanks for the Update on Sumwon. Glad to hear she is doing so well.

John (AeWingnut) and I both showed up at the Churchill barn the morning after her race. She looked like she was just about to go to sleep, when we pulled out the peppermints and she perked up immediately. Chuck and Steve were there, and were both very gracious. AeWingnut brought a HUGE bage of peppermints, which he left in Chuck's office. When I was saying my farewell to Sumwon, she started nipping at my sleeves. She wanted more peppermints!

If you can remember, please get the photographer information when you pick up your pictures. I'm sure there are a number of us who would like to get some pictures as well. If we can't preview the pics online, I'm sure the three you picked out are probably the best available. I took some video of Sumwon, before, during, and after her race, but due to some computer problems, have not been able to put anything together yet.

Thanks for sharing your visit with Sumwon.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl
Hello all -

I just got off the phone with Patrick Lang (photographer) He remmebered Dr. Conley and said the pictures she was looking at were quite nice. He does not have them up on the internet just yet. He said he will size them for the internet (proofs) and then send them to me, but not until tonight. Once I receive them I will post the info on DerbyTrail. He will include purchasing info in the e-mail which I will share with everyone.

Maybe the next track photos we get will be in the winner's circle
AWESOME! Thanks so much!

PS you guys better start just calling me Beth, only my mom calls me "doctor' outside of work
Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
John (AeWingnut) and I both showed up at the Churchill barn the morning after her race. She looked like she was just about to go to sleep, when we pulled out the peppermints and she perked up immediately. Chuck and Steve were there, and were both very gracious. AeWingnut brought a HUGE bage of peppermints, which he left in Chuck's office. When I was saying my farewell to Sumwon, she started nipping at my sleeves. She wanted more peppermints!
I think that bag is about 3/4 gone! <g> You have spoiled her nicely.

Here's a funny little story of how far Chuck is willing to go for us Dee Tee'ers ... I had a friend with me, we're talking about how the filly looks so good, she just turned three, just maturing, etc, and the conversation goes something like this:

"Yeah, just turned three. She's an April foal, wonder when her real birthday is?"

"The papers would have that info"

"Who's got the papers?"

"Racing office"

"We can't ask Chuck Simon to call the racing office, and ask them to pull the papers, and tell us when the real birthday of the pretty horsey is, as the 60 owners would like to know so we can maybe have a birthday party. That would be too embarassing for him!".

Chuck picked up the phone, called the office, and got the date

We're lucky to have you, Chuck - I can't see how any other trainer would be so interactive, so gracious, and ensure we all can have so much fun with "our" horse. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Dee Tee's pet

I left them with enough Starlite Peppermints for a year. The only size WalMart carried was a very big maybe 10 lb bag. To hear that 3/4ths of it is gone - is shocking. I hope they shared them. Chuck's gonna have to give her insulin shots.

Someone told me that giving a horse candy teaches them to bite. Unstable getting nipped at is only the beginning.

I was petting Sumwon and she put her head against my chest. She was liking the pets. I thougt, "wow - what a sweet girl. She really likes me" Ha ! Turns out I still had some peppermints in my coat pocket.

you know - Cigar really likes peppermints. Maybe Sumwon will go 16-0
Old 04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
I left them with enough Starlite Peppermints for a year. The only size WalMart carried was a very big maybe 10 lb bag. To hear that 3/4ths of it is gone - is shocking. I hope they shared them. Chuck's gonna have to give her insulin shots.

Someone told me that giving a horse candy teaches them to bite. Unstable getting nipped at is only the beginning.

I was petting Sumwon and she put her head against my chest. She was liking the pets. I thougt, "wow - what a sweet girl. She really likes me" Ha ! Turns out I still had some peppermints in my coat pocket.

you know - Cigar really likes peppermints. Maybe Sumwon will go 16-0
Yeah, how old was Cigar when he started his winning streak?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Hollywood Park

Default SumWon photos

Well, it's a new day and I don't have the proofs from Patrick. I just left him a message asking for a new ETA. I am sure he is busy. I explained that we don't mind waiting we just would like to know when we should start looking for the proofs.

I will keep everyone updated as I receive info.