Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
who's he sending to the tampa derby?

large truck??
Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM
The Curragh

I know it's early, but there aren't a whole lot of pure speed horses that are candidates for the Derby, if any. I wonder if Asmussen is working on getting a rabbit some earnings.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Oaklawn

At this point you can say he hasn't beaten anything but my question then is who HASN'T he beaten?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Randwyck

I'd be shocked if this was a 3-horse field.
War Pass probably cannot be beaten racing against straight 3-yos going 1-1/16, but someone must be willing to take a shot at finishing 2nd and getting those graded earnings.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush
I'd be shocked if this was a 3-horse field.
War Pass probably cannot be beaten racing against straight 3-yos going 1-1/16, but someone must be willing to take a shot at finishing 2nd and getting those graded earnings.
If nothing else, some locals will enter for a chance to pick up a check.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I'm sure you'll clean up on the Derby. Make sure to bring a big duffel bag for all the cash you'll be carrying out.
Hey, if you want War Pass at 3/2, you can have him.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Hey, if you want War Pass at 3/2, you can have him.

Missed the point as usual Joey.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Missed the point as usual Joey.
Of course.

You're on here enough, why don't you just say what you mean for simple-minded folk like me?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Of course.

You're on here enough, why don't you just say what you mean for simple-minded folk like me?
You're such a victim.

I did say what I meant.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
You're such a victim.

I did say what I meant.
Well, there are two options. Either respond with an equally condescending cryptic remark, or throw up my hands and play the straight man to your comedy act. The latter takes less effort.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Well, there are two options. Either respond with an equally condescending cryptic remark, or throw up my hands and play the straight man to your comedy act. The latter takes less effort.

I love this new victim side I have seen from you recently. I didn't know that was playing well in Brooklyn these days.

I'll make it easy for you.....I don't think you will make money in this year's Derby, whether or not War Pass is 3:2......and whether or not he wins. You make silly comments like you " hope he keeps racking up big figures against nobody " as though there is any truth in that. He dominated Pyro twice last year, and last I checked Pyro is the current KY Derby favorite. If someone wants to say that he was helped by the mud in the BC, I can see the argument there, though I would personally only partially agree. But, in the Champagne he outran a field of fast horses, set a strong pace, and beat Pyro fair and square. Thus, the bottom line is that he earned the big figures he ran, and if you think he did it against " nobody " then I guess Pyro is a nobody as well.

It is two months before the KY Derby. A lot can, and will, happen before the race, and one of those things may be that War Pass shows he will have trouble with the distance and/or that he isn't as good a horse as he showed last year. However, right now, War Pass is the horse to beat and Pyro is the second most accomplished. Someone can say they think this will change, and they may end up being proven correct, but as of now that is the logically defendable situation.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Churchill Downs

War Pass will get an easy lead as usual, and will annihilate this little field. It will be good.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Coach Pants

jesuseffingchristalmighty
Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I love this new victim side I have seen from you recently. I didn't know that was playing well in Brooklyn these days.

I'll make it easy for you.....I don't think you will make money in this year's Derby, whether or not War Pass is 3:2......and whether or not he wins. You make silly comments like you " hope he keeps racking up big figures against nobody " as though there is any truth in that. He dominated Pyro twice last year, and last I checked Pyro is the current KY Derby favorite. If someone wants to say that he was helped by the mud in the BC, I can see the argument there, though I would personally only partially agree. But, in the Champagne he outran a field of fast horses, set a strong pace, and beat Pyro fair and square. Thus, the bottom line is that he earned the big figures he ran, and if you think he did it against " nobody " then I guess Pyro is a nobody as well.

It is two months before the KY Derby. A lot can, and will, happen before the race, and one of those things may be that War Pass shows he will have trouble with the distance and/or that he isn't as good a horse as he showed last year. However, right now, War Pass is the horse to beat and Pyro is the second most accomplished. Someone can say they think this will change, and they may end up being proven correct, but as of now that is the logically defendable situation.
The funny thing is that I find myself agreeing with you more often than not when you actually make an argument instead of cryptic hit-and-run comments.

I'm still not sure why you think that I won't make money on the Derby, and I do think that War Pass will max out at nine furlongs and burn a lot of money in Louisville, but I take no issue with anything you said in your third paragraph.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The funny thing is that I find myself agreeing with you more often than not when you actually make an argument instead of cryptic hit-and-run comments.

I'm still not sure why you think that I won't make money on the Derby, and I do think that War Pass will max out at nine furlongs and burn a lot of money in Louisville, but I take no issue with anything you said in your third paragraph.

Maybe because even if I pitch a 3:2 shot in a 20 horse field I will probably lose.

I was really just teasing you.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Jerome Park

By the way, I don't hit and run.

I hit.....but I don't run.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
By the way, I don't hit and run.

I hit.....but I don't run.
That happens when someone hits you back and you're left on the ground with no way to run.

I must now go and hide.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
easy goer

Quote:
... If someone wants to say that he was helped by the mud in the BC, I can see the argument there, though I would personally only partially agree.
A less cryptic remark might be to either Agree or Disagree. How do you partially agree, exactly?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

maybe he meant that war pass would have won anyway, altho maybe by a smaller margin?

war pass is a good horse, the only question is if he can carry his speed 10f. no way of knowing that til he tries.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
maybe he meant that war pass would have won anyway, altho maybe by a smaller margin?

war pass is a good horse, the only question is if he can carry his speed 10f. no way of knowing that til he tries.
Agree with you, Deb.