Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Jerome Park

Default The Rail at Aqueduct

What they are conducting out there is not racing......it is get to the rail and everything else will take care of itself.

Worse than Keeneland before Polytrack.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Arlington Park

send in Hevesi. He'll get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
send in Hevesi. He'll get to the bottom of it.

It's already clear you add nothing to this site. There is no need to continue to prove it with each of your insipid posts.

Here's a thought....add 10 posts that actually involve some of the topics on this site....and then maybe one of your useless ( and completely humorless ) posts will seem slightly more tolerable.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Coach Pants

That last race was comedy.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
That last race was comedy.
It's beyond absurd. The inside horse was dead....DEAD....and somehow held off the outside horse. And, did you see the closing rush by the #1 horse who was glued to the rail?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
It's beyond absurd. The inside horse was dead....DEAD....and somehow held off the outside horse. And, did you see the closing rush by the #1 horse who was glued to the rail?
I sure did. I needed the 9 in my rolling pick 3's. It's frustrating watching the best horse lose.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
It's already clear you add nothing to this site. There is no need to continue to prove it with each of your insipid posts.

Here's a thought....add 10 posts that actually involve some of the topics on this site....and then maybe one of your useless ( and completely humorless ) posts will seem slightly more tolerable.
chuckle. thanks for the keen insight and kind words. does this mean I'm off the holiday card list? good grief.

here's a thought right back at you.... have a good day and wonderful holiday season.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

on second thought....

Who made you the Prince of Sipid?

You don't like me, that's ok. Not everyone does.

I'm good with the three people I've met through here who called me to say thanks for putting them on 4 of 6 pick 4's over a three day period last week. More than a few others also offered their thanks here.

Maybe I'll take your advice. Perhaps not. Who knows. But you really don't rate all that high in my book to take free slaps at people you obviously have a problem with for less than obvious reasons.

You ain't the only person on earth that knows a few things about the sport and making money at it.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
on second thought....

Who made you the Prince of Sipid?

You don't like me, that's ok. Not everyone does.

I'm good with the three people I've met through here who called me to say thanks for putting them on 4 of 6 pick 4's over a three day period last week. More than a few others also offered their thanks here.

Maybe I'll take your advice. Perhaps not. Who knows. But you really don't rate all that high in my book to take free slaps at people you obviously have a problem with for less than obvious reasons.

You ain't the only person on earth that knows a few things about the sport and making money at it.
Off topic, Bruce, but are you going down to GP for the Sunshine Millions? I'm pretty sure that Kevin is coming down here... we're going to Tampa Bay on Friday and then heading down to GP later that night.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 AM
Monmouth Park

I just got done watching TVG from today(I dvr it while I am at work).
that was ridiculous.

the closest I ever get to a racetrack is the finish line boxes at Lone Star.
so can someone tell me exactly how a track gets in this condition, and more importantly, why it is so difficult for the track maintenence crew to correct the overwhelming bias.
Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am very ignorant when it comes to these matters.
Ive never worked around dirt before.
I understand how track biases work and can identify them, but Im just wondering how they are physically formed.

Repent
Old 12-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Suffolk Downs

Default Is it really a Bias or is it Bad Handicapping?

Many times it is my opinion that a Bias is a convienient excuse for bad hadicapping that day.

Many times we just can't be honest with ourselves. And if a bias does exist and you recognize it's presence but still bet expecting a "non Biased result", well.....

I do not think there are as many true Bias situations as we seem to think there is.

NC Tony
Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
eurobounce

My play is almost non-exsistant right now. I dont like anything at Turfway, I never really got into NY racing, I cant figure out Hollywood, Calder to me is a crap shoot and I cant get excited about the Fairgrounds. I have taken some stabs at NY the past few weeks to come up empty. I think I am going to wait for SA and then Gulf and Oak.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Newmarket

Quote:

And I'll quote..."does anybody care?" LOL WOW !!!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
oracle80

This is truly ridiculous. Another rail wire job and the 2nd horse looked dead and buried on the turn and just kept riding the conveyor belt rail to get 2nd.
This isn't racing.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
oracle80

Barcola wins by 18 lengths, lol.
This is pretty funny stuff.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Barcola wins by 18 lengths, lol.
This is pretty funny stuff.

What I found most pathetic about that particular " race " was the intensive effort by the riders of the horses, who have speed, inside of Barcola to maintain their inside position. I guess hustling from the gate wasn't in their best interests.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
oracle80

Quote:
What I found most pathetic about that particular " race " was the intensive effort by the riders of the horses, who have speed, inside of Barcola to maintain their inside position. I guess hustling from the gate wasn't in their best interests.
Don't you think at some point they just give up?
I mean, I know that they arent geniuses. But I truly think they stop trying on tracks like this when they know they have no speed.
I saw what you saw, but I think at some point they just say screw it.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Jerome Park

I hear ya but don't you at least try to play to the track's strengths if you have the animal to do it? Honestly, if guys don't then at some point you begin to wonder just how much they want to win and then you veer off into crazy-paranoid-horseplayerland where you begin to actually believe guys are cheating. Then you stop paying attention and betting and find somewhere else to play where at least you believe things are on the level.

Unfortunately, in this game as much as anywhere, perception is very close to reality.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I hear ya but don't you at least try to play to the track's strengths if you have the animal to do it? Honestly, if guys don't then at some point you begin to wonder just how much they want to win and then you veer off into crazy-paranoid-horseplayerland where you begin to actually believe guys are cheating. Then you stop paying attention and betting and find somewhere else to play where at least you believe things are on the level.

Unfortunately, in this game as much as anywhere, perception is very close to reality.
No, I think your perception IS reality.
I know you and many others think I'm nuts to like tracks like the Finger lakes and Fair Grounds, but I truly see guys ride out their mounts all the time and hustle.
I just think on a day like today when they know they can't pass anyone, that often they all just grab(when guys like you and I are screaming why don't they send?!!!!) and try and suck up late in the race.
Its why I didn't play Friday after one race I played, and why I didn't play today.
I just hate speed biased days in NY. I can't tell you the whole why or how, but our jocks don't ride like they do in Cali and other places. We just never seem to get speed duels even when it looks as if there just has to be one.
One guys always gets loose and the other speeds grab and follow the leader.
I see it all the time and its just impossible for me to play when its like that.
At least in Cali if there is a bias, a whole bunch of guys know it and send like hell to the lead and give you a duel. Not in NY, never.
I think these jocks are far too cozy with one another in Ny, I really do. They seem reluctant to duel with each other.