Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: The rise in unemployment to 9.2% is ...
a necessary rise prior to a dramatic fall that is coming as a result of Obama's policies succeeding 3 25.00%
evidence that Obama's policies have failed. 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Santa Anita

Default Unemployment Rate

Poll
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Poll
You forgot

Continuation of failed George Bush policies that pushed the country into a depression and dug a hole so ****ing deep that it is impossible to get out of and also pushed millions of jobs overseas that will never come back.

I'll vote for that one.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
You forgot

Continuation of failed George Bush policies that pushed the country into a depression and dug a hole so ****ing deep that it is impossible to get out of and also pushed millions of jobs overseas that will never come back.

I'll vote for that one.

I'll drink to that...

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 07-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
You forgot

I'll vote for that one.
So this so-called "brilliant" Obama blindly following the "failed George Bush policies" deserves to be re-elected?

How does a president voted out 3 years ago still affect the country? Answer: the new guy stinks, and you know it.

How about if the country is that bad from George Bush that we have a couple of stimulus packages and a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit for the year? Oh, did that already.

You guys better come up with a better excuse than "It's all George Bush's fault." You beat that dead horse and nobody is buying it. Your reaction is the one I most look forward to on the first Wednesday in November when the votes are all counted.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
So this so-called "brilliant" Obama blindly following the "failed George Bush policies" deserves to be re-elected?

How does a president voted out 3 years ago still affect the country? Answer: the new guy stinks, and you know it.

How about if the country is that bad from George Bush that we have a couple of stimulus packages and a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit for the year? Oh, did that already.

You guys better come up with a better excuse than "It's all George Bush's fault." You beat that dead horse and nobody is buying it. Your reaction is the one I most look forward to on the first Wednesday in November when the votes are all counted.
"So this so-called "brilliant" Obama blindly following the "failed George Bush policies" deserves to be re-elected?"

No he doesn't Joey. Unlike some I vote based upon who I think the better president will be not simply by what party he belongs to.

"How does a president voted out 3 years ago still affect the country? Answer: the new guy stinks, and you know it"
Joey that first question is Nascar-like. Your busting my stones right? I agree with the second part.

As far as beating a dead horse, its a shame George killed the horse.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
"So this so-called "brilliant" Obama blindly following the "failed George Bush policies" deserves to be re-elected?"

No he doesn't Joey. Unlike some I vote based upon who I think the better president will be not simply by what party he belongs to.

"How does a president voted out 3 years ago still affect the country? Answer: the new guy stinks, and you know it"
Joey that first question is Nascar-like. Your busting my stones right? I agree with the second part.

As far as beating a dead horse, its a shame George killed the horse.
Would you agree though that it is unlikely that unemployment rising to these levels is part of any successful plan to actually get more people employed?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Would you agree though that it is unlikely that unemployment rising to these levels is part of any successful plan to actually get more people employed?
Our government is owned by those who benefit from jobs being shipped overseas. Red or Blue they are all giving us a big Fu.ck You. I don't see that turning around as those policy makers looking out for themselves FAR FAR outnumbers those looking out for the country.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You forgot

I'll vote for that one.
Yeah, I agree. Better than the push poll choices.

Oh, wait: we forgot to include the best reason: "Stimulus funds are ending, and the 1/3 of stimulus funds that went to the states directly to prevent layoffs of schoolteachers, firefighters, policemen, other government workers is now gone, thus the majority of the people laid off in the past month were government workers as affected by the stimulus funding end".

How about that one, Joey?

Quote:
Bureau of Labor Statistics:
THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- JUNE 2011

Nonfarm payroll employment was essentially unchanged in June (+18,000), and the
unemployment rate was little changed at 9.2 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today. Employment in most major private-sector industries
changed little over the month. Government employment continued to trend down.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 07-11-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Keeneland

Whoever the president elected in 2008 turned out to be, the first thing they had to do was make up for the millions of jobs lost in the previous years, and reverse the freefall. That doesn't happen quickly.

We are still struggling. We need another jobs bill. But oh, how I do like the current direction, versus three years ago.

"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Santa Anita

Our poll is starting to resemble the national polls (7/14)