Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Keeneland

I hope I get to see her LA derby weekend. She looks nice, guys!

She has Came Home's head.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I was thinking the same thing <g> Can somebody find a picture of Mysterious Moll?
I should be able to get a pic of Molly from the Pont St. folks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I hope I get to see her LA derby weekend. She looks nice, guys! She has Came Home's head.
As Dell mentioned above, Chuck confirms that she'll be on the van Monday at 5am and in New Orleans by around 7pm Monday night..

It's like she's "on tour"..
Old 02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Arlington Park

DT's "rock star" ?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Churchill Downs

I was playing on the computer tonight while watching Mountaineer and created an avatar for the owners of Sumwon to use... hope you like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SumwonAvatar1.jpg (28.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
She is definately beautiful. LOVE THE BUTT! Seriously, she really does have a nice hindend.
good form, she looks like she's back to the wall a bit which is rising her hind...typically you'd see the butt in line with the withers, which I'm sure is the case when she can stretch out away from the camera

Anyway she's is a GRAND looking filly - best of luck to all DT'ers involved and GO CHUCK!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Gulfstream Park

very nice looking and i have to agree atleast from the pic she looks closer to 16 if not actually 16. zieg you must make the drive to see her, youre the owner those 7 hr drives i took each way to and from minnesota from chicago was more than worth it to me just to spend time with my horse
Old 02-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

oh yeah, i'm going down there if she gets there-hopefully to see her run (and win! here's hoping!!)...no way i'd miss that for the world.
i've emailed pics to everyone--my mom tried to sound excited for me. i'm the only horse fan in the family. her pic will be on my desktop at work, until i get something to frame.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Churchill Downs

I got a picture of MYSTERIOUS MOLL from this website. I hope its the right horse.

http://www.december-farm.com/alumni-frame.html
Old 02-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Del Mar

Thanks for the pictures and avatar. She looks a lot like her mom...hopefully just as good. Gonna use the avatar. maybe all owners should that way we know whose in. Steve, anyway to do that? How bout changing the name of our track to Sumwon??

Spyder from SC
Old 02-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Newmarket

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Thanks for the pictures and avatar. She looks a lot like her mom...hopefully just as good. Gonna use the avatar. maybe all owners should that way we know whose in. Steve, anyway to do that? How bout changing the name of our track to Sumwon??

Spyder from SC
I'm on board!
and yes, she does look like her mother a bit.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 PM
The Curragh

I tried to look up some info on Came Home and Mysterious Moll today. Especially because Broodmare potential has come into the conversation. Please correct me if I am wrong or misinterperating anything...

Looks like Mysterious Moll was sold to ClassicStar LLC at auction in Nov 2002 for $230,000 as a Broodmare prospect. It appears that she was in foal to War Chant and had previously aborted. Not sure what happened with that pregnancy?

I beleive she was next bred to Came Home producing Sumwonlovesyou.

Does anyone know where Mysterious Moll is located, if she produced a runner subsequent to Sumwon and/or if she is currently in foal?

On the Sire side, I beleive Sumwon is from Came Home's first crop. My 2006 catalog had his fee at $40K, 2007 looks like $25K.

In Thoroughbred Times he is listed as #18 on the 2006 Freshman Sire List. CP West is his top earner, Sumwon is his #9 earner for what that's worth. Still cool to see her name on there as a winner...

Question is - I guess Came Home is a while off from the Broodmare sire list. Is there anything out there that can increase Sumwon's value (besides winning of course)? Just looking for someone else to root for...

Thanks,

Pat
Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacdaddy
I tried to look up some info on Came Home and Mysterious Moll today. Especially because Broodmare potential has come into the conversation. Please correct me if I am wrong or misinterperating anything...

Looks like Mysterious Moll was sold to ClassicStar LLC at auction in Nov 2002 for $230,000 as a Broodmare prospect. It appears that she was in foal to War Chant and had previously aborted. Not sure what happened with that pregnancy?

I beleive she was next bred to Came Home producing Sumwonlovesyou.

Does anyone know where Mysterious Moll is located, if she produced a runner subsequent to Sumwon and/or if she is currently in foal?

On the Sire side, I beleive Sumwon is from Came Home's first crop. My 2006 catalog had his fee at $40K, 2007 looks like $25K.

In Thoroughbred Times he is listed as #18 on the 2006 Freshman Sire List. CP West is his top earner, Sumwon is his #9 earner for what that's worth. Still cool to see her name on there as a winner...

Question is - I guess Came Home is a while off from the Broodmare sire list. Is there anything out there that can increase Sumwon's value (besides winning of course)? Just looking for someone else to root for...

Thanks,

Pat
i believe from reading the catalogue page from when we bought sumwon, that mysterious moll has a two year old as well. of course it's only february, so too soon to tell what will happen with that one. but if it's a winner, it can only help-came home having a good year will help as well. but the most help would be is if sumwon wins more!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM
The Curragh

Thanks. Do we know who the sire of Moll's 2YO is?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 PM
kilessus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacdaddy
Thanks. Do we know who the sire of Moll's 2YO is?
She has a filly foaled in '06 whose sire is Ten Most Wanted. Can't find any current 2YO's.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier
She has a filly foaled in '06 whose sire is Ten Most Wanted. Can't find any current 2YO's.
Dam of 1 other foal of racing age, which has not started.

that's from mysterious molls info on sumwons page. i'm assuming it's a two year old. but it may be an older horse than sumwon, but no info to indicate that.
i'm thinking it's younger because i thought she lost any she carried prior to sumwon.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM
kilessus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188

that's from mysterious molls info on sumwons page. i'm assuming it's a two year old.
I'm pretty sure that might be the '03 filly Lizzy Van Lew whose sire was War Chant.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Louisiana Downs

Talking Sumwonlovesyou-Congrats DT Stables!!

Nice looking filly! I'm jealous, I really was going to go in on this deal, but my $$$ situation changed suddenly. I've been gearing up to buy some land in the next year or so, but now it looks like that will be happening sooner than I had planned. So my "fun" $$$ is on hold for now. Sorry to miss out on all the excitement but it will be worth it if I end up with my farm. Not really a "farm", but close enough for me. 21 acres with an option to buy 23 more acres. Mostly pasture. 40 x 60 barn with box stalls.(a nice start, ha ha!) Cute little remodeled farm house, not that the house matters as long as the barn and land are what I want. Hay, a girl has to have her priorities!! But I'll be watching and wishing you all great racing luck!!! Keep us posted.

Suzanne(how many *more* horses can I fit on 44 acres??¿¿)
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Foal

will see be in new orleans the first week of march at the fair grounds. hope to see her run there.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Hollywood Park

I presume Sumwon arrived safely in NO, made the trip okay?

Any word on if she's walking the shedrow, has been out to exercise on the track yet, or has been seen sleeping it all off in her stall with multi-colored beads around her neck?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188

that's from mysterious molls info on sumwons page. i'm assuming it's a two year old. but it may be an older horse than sumwon, but no info to indicate that.
i'm thinking it's younger because i thought she lost any she carried prior to sumwon.
she was listed as not pregnant in 2005 so the foal of racing age is her 4 YO by War Chant...which is essentially bred on the same nick as Came Home since both are by danzig.

As to where Mysterious Moll lives today...
The mare RNA'd in NOV 2005 @ KEE for 150K I/F to Ten Most Wanted...she may have been sold privately after the RNA (usually no one wants a horse back, once it has reached the sales grounds it gets sold one way or another) or she may have gone back to Classic Star. She produced a filly in 06, so she's around somewhere