Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Coach Pants

I'm all for banning all places of worship from cities and towns larger than 10,000 people. It's time that churches, mosques, hot bikram yoga places are sent to the hills where only taters and kissing cousins can be influenced.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Keeneland

I just hope the 'naked cowboy' heads over there before and after prayers and the carni operating the 'dunk a muslim tank' and 'three darts at Allah' has great success. Not to mention the troves of protestors of everything from the 'leave my clitoris in tact' crowd to the 'gay mulims' to the bible thumpers who shun muslims and gays and don't know what a clitoris is to the pro lifers who don't think anyone gay, straight, muslim, clitoris in tact or not should have an abortion. Only in America!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Cult? No more a cult - and a sometimes violent, "hate towards others" cult - than Christianity is.

Americans who are Muslim have been an integral part of that neighborhood well before WTC was built. Other Americans are trying to prevent their freedom to continue living their lives there. That's not gonna happen in this country. Thank god.
so, you want to live under sharia law?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Sha Tin

What the people who try to act as though Muslims are getting a bad deal in this country seem to forget that most Americans didn't give a damn about Muslims or Mosques until Muslims attacked our country in the name of Islam. We all know that most muslims aren't terrorists yet we are routinely threatened by some radical Islamic group using Islam or some perceived insult to Islam as the basis of their threats. The threats have become so common that they are hardly even newsworthy outside of Al-Jeezra. Trying to say that they were there before 9/11 seems a little ridiclous in light of ...uh 9/11?

And if Islam is such as wonderful and peaceful religion then why are virtually all Muslim countries the epitome of intolerence and in constant upheaval? Why do authors or people who draw cartoons that "insult" Islam (even if the insult is something that only an idiot would let bother them) have to live in fear of Muslim retribution? Why are muslim terrorists in the middle east, south east Asia, Turkey, N Africa, Russia, etc so prevalent? Let me ask all those defenders of the peaceful Muslim, would you feel comfortable visiting let alone buliding a christian church in Yemen, Somolia, Iraq, Turkey, Kashmir, the Phillipines, Pakistan, The gaza strip, Indonesia, Lebanion, Algeria, Pakistan or some other country that is a Muslim state?

I am not saying that they don't have a "right" to build a mosque there. But wouldn't a peace loving, tolerant religion like we are being told Islam is, be a little more compassionate and understanding to the feelings of the people of NY and build their mosque a little further away from ground zero?

Well I guess that wouldn't be generating the headlines they apparently were looking for.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Flemington

My first thought was ... if they already have a mosque currently built that's four blocks from ground zero - why do they need one two blocks from ground zero?

But, I remembered that we have at least one church on every block in this friggen city - and I can't tell you how many times I've been awaken out of sound sleep by those god damn annoying church bells and their stupid hourly clock.

What can I do about it? Go over at 3AM and shoot a wad onto that virgen Mary statue by the enterance?

I don't like religions of any name - I don't like houses of worship of any kind - but I don't see who it hurts to have a muslim house of worship two blocks away.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut View Post
so, you want to live under sharia law?
If you seriously think that Americans are trying to overthrow the government, get rid of the Constitution, and replace it with their personal religious philosophy, you'd probably best just give up now, move into the bunker, and succumb to the xenophobic fear.

We'll call you when Sarah Palin is out of politics
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
What the people who try to act as though Muslims are getting a bad deal in this country seem to forget that most Americans didn't give a damn about Muslims or Mosques until Muslims attacked our country in the name of Islam..
Terrorists attacked this country. Not "Muslims".

Quote:
And if Christianity is such as wonderful and peaceful religion then why are virtually all Christian countries the epitome of intolerence?
FTFY
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Coach Pants

Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
What the people who try to act as though Muslims are getting a bad deal in this country seem to forget that most Americans didn't give a damn about Muslims or Mosques until Muslims attacked our country in the name of Islam.
It was when Obama taught us Muslims invented everything from algebra to the pen.

oops and lets not forget about music and musical instruments
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
If you seriously think that Americans are trying to overthrow the government, get rid of the Constitution, and replace it with their personal religious philosophy, you'd probably best just give up now,
It's only the minority. You, the President and about 30 some other percent who are trying to replace it with their personal religious philosophy etc etc.

Thank God Americans (as a majority) have some common sense and are against you, the Pres and 30 some other percent (of lord only knows what.) but let us not forget the voice of the illegals!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i cannot believe obama is taking heat for reminding people about the constitution-or does that only apply to those who belong to the correct religion? oh, silly me...of course it only applies to christians. isn't this when someone is supposed to start posting that our founding fathers were christian, and our country was founded as a christian nation?

i'm with drugs, ban them all. pray as you want, but no buildings of any kind. who needs them?

and dell, the majority does not rule. the constitution does.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

What did the oath Obama took mean? You know the part about upholding the laws of the land?

Obama is taking heat because he is like a captain lost at sea who seems more concerned with the stowaways than he does for the passengers who have paid and is ignoring 1rst class, the people who basically paid for the ship completely.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Terrorists attacked this country. Not "Muslims".

FTFY
Muslim terrorists. Pretending that Islam didn't play a role in these attacks is wrong.

Name one "christian" country that you would be afraid to travel freely in.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Muslim terrorists. Pretending that Islam didn't play a role in these attacks is wrong.

Name one "christian" country that you would be afraid to travel freely in.
It's not only wrong it is retarded. Like stuck in a wheelchair hooked up to oxygen retarded.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
dellinger: What did the oath Obama took mean? You know the part about upholding the laws of the land?
Like where he has to remind some that all Americans are entitled to freedom of religion?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Pretending that all of Islam is alike - that they are all terrorist extremists - is wrong.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Aqueduct

Now I see that my old hometown has joined in as well....
http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=12920148

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i cannot believe obama is taking heat for reminding people about the constitution-or does that only apply to those who belong to the correct religion? oh, silly me...of course it only applies to christians. isn't this when someone is supposed to start posting that our founding fathers were christian, and our country was founded as a christian nation?

i'm with drugs, ban them all. pray as you want, but no buildings of any kind. who needs them?

Obama is taking heat because he is taking sides in a fight that most Americans are on the other side of. This really isn't about the constitution, it should be about common sense and public safety. The constitution also says I have the right to bear arms but I am not allowed to carry a machine gun on my shoulder. Does this mean by the strict definition my constitutional rights have been trampled on?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Obama is taking heat because he is taking sides in a fight that most Americans are on the other side of. This really isn't about the constitution, it should be about common sense and public safety. The constitution also says I have the right to bear arms but I am not allowed to carry a machine gun on my shoulder. Does this mean by the strict definition my constitutional rights have been trampled on?
Ah. The, "Your Constitutional rights end where I'm unhappy with the results" argument.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Pretending that all of Islam is alike - that they are all terrorist extremists - is wrong.
No one said that all muslims are terrorists but the one that flew planes into those buildings weren't part of some fringe group no one ever heard of that was wiped out that day. They were muslim terrorists no matter how you try to spin it. If they were Christian terrorists I'm sure there would be an outrage if they were building a church on the site. If they were Jews there would be outrage if they were trying to build a temple on the site. But the catch is they weren't christians and they weren't Jews, they were muslims hence the controversy.