Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I was thinking of something like US ambassador to the UN.
I thought you already said OBAMA'S cabinet was gunna be made up of the U.N.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
You got it. And we will also make you commissioner of the NHL for something to do in your spare time in between Pacman Jones hearings. You cant be worse than the guy they have now...
awesome, i love hockey.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
You like your meat a little on the darker side of white....so its only natural you follow in Condi's footsteps

What's Condi got to do with anybody dark? Sheza whiter than you.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
What's Condi got to do with anybody dark? Sheza whiter than you.

LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
LOL
Kev, Condi thinks rap is a piece of fur to wear. http://www.flickr.com/photos/18639725@N07/2950270039/

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 10-17-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I thought you already said OBAMA'S cabinet was gunna be made up of the U.N.
Not me. I actually may kick the UN out of the country so you may need to go overseas to fill this post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Not me. I actually may kick the UN out of the country so you may need to go overseas to fill this post

Much like I avoid stepping in dog waste, I have decided to avoid the Islamic Countries. I have chosen Makmoud from Michigan to help me tame these individuals. He has to go through an attitude adjustment program(called "BLEACH") started by our quickshot V.P. Dick Cheney. Then, he will be ready to serve.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Well, the main reason is because Republicans always want to give the rich a tax break. When Clinton was in, we weren't in debt like this. Bush came in and had that tax break for the rich. We've been going further n further n' debt ever since. They would rather borrow money from China than tax C.E.O. types to get it. This 700 billion they are gunna use to bail out bad loans should come from where? Borrow it from China? Tax you and me? How about they tax the damn people that made out like bandits while this bad lending was going on. People like that scumbag from Lehman bros. that took 250 mil out of that company before it went under. We don't have the will to tax people who can easily pay it. Simple as that. We aren't gunna agree about what should be cut, but I think it's pretty obvious we need to raise money as well. They should tax the top 10% highest earners from 1 to 10 % more taxes in a graduated way(I don't think Honu is in that bunch, but she is excluded if she is,) and do away with the tax cut for whoever Obama says he wants to give it to. Then make these fkn Iraqis pay us back for getting rid of the a-hole they should of never allowed in. Make them pay us back(in oil money) for every damn penny we have been out trying to civilize those savages. I think it was a mistake to try to democratize savages, but Geedubb had his mind made up. Lets start getting our money back. Give us oil back, or money. Why do they think we should rebuild their country for free? Should get half back at least.

Well, somebody did nominate me for SEC. OF STATE. How is that, Kev?

I can agree with alot you say ,Scuds , and I say WOW!
The problem I have with taxing the highest earners is , they are usually providing the most commerce, jobs, small business and putting alot of their money into the economy . 250k is not alot for a small buisness to earn it doesnt even buy half a house around here , so I cant really see taxing buisness that earn only that much , just doesnt seem in the best intrests of everyone involved , it just invites more tax loopholes and all that stuff.
I agreee the Iraqi's should help with the cost rebuilding their country, and I will always believe that if nations want to be free , and I truly believe the Iraqi'a expected a diffirent outcome than all this , that we have an obligation to try and help them IF they are willing to help themselves.
I feel us as an American people , are smarter and more willing to make the best of a bad situtation than most countries around the world, we are crafty Americans.
We can overcome most things , we have more determination than most people around the world and we have proved it time and time again.
We should start our government reform by re-calling some loans and stop sending money to countries who dont like us ( ill let you make your own list) , we should have some peeps look up the asses of all these government programs , you and I know they are blowin our money.
I just read on-line about the first state funded health-welfare program in the United States going plthhhhh because people who already have insurance for their children thru their jobs or what not dropped their insurance to sign up for State funded insurance and it broke the bank. So now the people who really needed are are less fortunate and the one's who didnt need it screwed it up.
That is the problem I see with Gov. bought insurance and really I wish one of the candidates would have said hey , I wanna go after the drug companies and see what their costs really are , I wanna see the records of Doctors who bill Insurance companies for things that may or may have not been needed , I wanna see where all this money goes that people put in every year . If there is gonna be some Gov. involvement let it be on the side of the consumer.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 10-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
I can agree with alot you say ,Scuds , and I say WOW!
The problem I have with taxing the highest earners is , they are usually providing the most commerce, jobs, small business and putting alot of their money into the economy . 250k is not alot for a small buisness to earn it doesnt even buy half a house around here , so I cant really see taxing buisness that earn only that much , just doesnt seem in the best intrests of everyone involved , it just invites more tax loopholes and all that stuff.
I agreee the Iraqi's should help with the cost rebuilding their country, and I will always believe that if nations want to be free , and I truly believe the Iraqi'a expected a diffirent outcome than all this , that we have an obligation to try and help them IF they are willing to help themselves.
I feel us as an American people , are smarter and more willing to make the best of a bad situtation than most countries around the world, we are crafty Americans.
We can overcome most things , we have more determination than most people around the world and we have proved it time and time again.
We should start our government reform by re-calling some loans and stop sending money to countries who dont like us ( ill let you make your own list) , we should have some peeps look up the asses of all these government programs , you and I know they are blowin our money.
I just read on-line about the first state funded health-welfare program in the United States going plthhhhh because people who already have insurance for their children thru their jobs or what not dropped their insurance to sign up for State funded insurance and it broke the bank. So now the people who really needed are are less fortunate and the one's who didnt need it screwed it up.
That is the problem I see with Gov. bought insurance and really I wish one of the candidates would have said hey , I wanna go after the drug companies and see what their costs really are , I wanna see the records of Doctors who bill Insurance companies for things that may or may have not been needed , I wanna see where all this money goes that people put in every year . If there is gonna be some Gov. involvement let it be on the side of the consumer.
iraq might have an issue having to rebuild a country that we trashed for them, don't you think? kind of a sticky situation in that regard. wouldn't telling them that they have to be willing to help themselves in a bit of bad taste? wouldn't that be like you going to your neighbors house because you think the hubby is a bully, trashing the place, taking hubby to jail,and telling the wife and kids they need to clean it up-that you'll help her if she decides to first show she'll help herself?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Thistley Downs

Steven H. Crist already.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
iraq might have an issue having to rebuild a country that we trashed for them, don't you think? kind of a sticky situation in that regard. wouldn't telling them that they have to be willing to help themselves in a bit of bad taste? wouldn't that be like you going to your neighbors house because you think the hubby is a bully, trashing the place, taking hubby to jail,and telling the wife and kids they need to clean it up-that you'll help her if she decides to first show she'll help herself?

No , really I think that the people in Iraq wanted freedom , I think they wanted us to help them but I dont think they or us expected the radical violence that ensued. But at the same time they have the means to help in their own re-building along with us , they are not a poor country as they have oil reserves. You cant put a bullied wife and a nation of people in the same analogy , I truly believe that most normal day Iraqi'a viewed us as someone that would help them ,they just couldnt predict that so many would be against them.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think you're incorrect. i also think it was a mistake to go over there, as it did nothing to enhance our national security. if anything, it's made our position, and our allies positions, weaker. and as for the middle east, it's worse over there now, with iran having no one in a position of power to keep them in check, as was the case with iraq before. that's why we're trying so hard now to make an agreement about keeping a position of power in iraq. bush blew it. he, and mccain and others, thought it would be soooo easy to go in there and finish what daddy started. but daddy and everyone would have 'finished' it back in '91-but they all knew that iran would immediately take advantage of the power vacuum should saddam be taken out. and what happened this time? exactly that. bush failed to consider the bigger picture, he lied about not wanting to engage in nation building. he didn't take everything into consideration, just marched in there to fix everything. instead he's made it a lot worse.
i don't miss saddam one bit, but we sure didn't have iran threatening to go nuke before, or posturing about removing isreal from the face of the earth. and anyone who thought violence wouldn't ensue from war (hello!) didn't study, and ignored their middle east experts!