Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
pgardn

Default Nadal goes down

No match with Federer.

Beaten for the 2nd time by a 20 year old Serbian who may now be the 2nd best tennis player in the world. Much the best in this match. And the guy is younger than Nadal and has big upside. Semis at the French and Wimbeldon supposedly not physically at his best. This guy is a very smart player.

I expect Federer to crush him though.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Flemington

You jinxed your boy Federer.That is hilarious.In such a damn hurry to tell everybody NADAL(clay court player) got beat on a hard court,but your boy didn't have your back.You expectations were incorrect.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-12-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

can't believe roger the great lost to that guy--kid was in the zone!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Flemington

Should be obvious that Nadal and Federer are pretty close(only the surface decides the match.)So,if this guy could beat Nadal on the hard court,then he had a good shot against Federer.I could see where somebody would expect Federer to beat the kid,but not "to crush" him.I mean Nadal and Federer aren't far apart.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Should be obvious that Nadal and Federer are pretty close(only the surface decides the match.)So,if this guy could beat Nadal on the hard court,then he had a good shot against Federer.I could see where somebody would expect Federer to beat the kid,but not "to crush" him.I mean Nadal and Federer aren't far apart.
no, not far apart at all. and this guy is definitely a threat to their standing as one and two. much more interesting to see battles, rather than ho hum easy wins.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
pgardn

This guy is the goods and 20 years old.
Scuds he crushed Nadal.
Took him 3 and two tie breaks to down Roger.

But the kid is really good. We will see how long this lasts as Nadal has proven himself to be the ulimate competitor. And Roger has proved himself to be the best pure talent in the game.

You are too funny Scuds. You only reply after, not before the final match. Typical yellow dog.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Yes its so easy to see AFTER the event has taken place...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Yes its so easy to see AFTER the event has taken place...
Don't tell us he is gunna crush, then.Try not being so wrong about it,and maybe people won't bring it up.I didn't have an opinion on this match(you did.)Nothing I have said after this match is due to the results of this match.I've always said these two(Nadal and Federer are very close.)Only you could be so wrong,and then try to deflect it on to somebody else.Hey,I was wrong this week about that Argentinean guy(that threw away the British Open) playing well this week in the PGA.He is talented,but unreliable.He can putt under pressure,and that's gunna win him a major someday,but this week I was wrong about that runt.Enjoy the run -on sentence(a choice.)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
cincygreg

Cool

Gonna try to get to at least one day of matches here in Cincy. Should be some awesome tennis as always!

T.T.Y.L. Greg
Old 08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Don't tell us he is gunna crush, then.Try not being so wrong about it,and maybe people won't bring it up.I didn't have an opinion on this match(you did.)Nothing I have said after this match is due to the results of this match.I've always said these two(Nadal and Federer are very close.)Only you could be so wrong,and then try to deflect it on to somebody else.Hey,I was wrong this week about that Argentinean guy(that threw away the British Open) playing well this week in the PGA.He is talented,but unreliable.He can putt under pressure,and that's gunna win him a major someday,but this week I was wrong about that runt.Enjoy the run -on sentence(a choice.)
At least I had the guts to make a prediction. You come on AFTER and said of course we knew it was gonna be close because he crushed Nadal... That is an opinion. I also had the opinion that the guy is for real at this time when he claims to be healthy. And some guys play better against certain styles. Its not A>B, B>C therefore A>C logic. I know you are smarter than that.

You did not have an opinion... BS.

Did you even watch either match?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Flemington

You were wrong.He didn't crush.Blame it on anyone you can find.Deflect,manipulate,etc.,but you were wrong.Federer let you down.You can use whatever smear tactic you want to use,but your mess will still be there.

"I expect Federer to crush him though."
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Flemington

You were wrong.He didn't crush.Blame it on anyone you can find.Deflect,manipulate,etc.,but you were wrong.Federer let you down.You can use whatever smear tactic you want to use,but your mess will still be there.

Sorry,but this guy needs repetition,because he is incredibly good at changing the subject.Best ever at it.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincygreg
Gonna try to get to at least one day of matches here in Cincy. Should be some awesome tennis as always!

T.T.Y.L. Greg

I catch some tennis as my daughter is a big fan. She's glad to see Andy Murray back. he got her hooked last year. Enjoy Greg!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
pgardn

Quote:

Sorry,but this guy needs repetition,because he is incredibly good at changing the subject.Best ever at it.
Scuds for Gods sake it is painfully obvious I was wrong.

Just dont come on here AFTER an event and say you knew it was going to be close because... and the proceed to use horrible logic. And then make it seem like you made a proper PREDICTION. You did this after the match.

Should be obvious that Nadal and Federer are pretty close(only the surface decides the match.)So,if this guy could beat Nadal on the hard court,then he had a good shot against Federer If this statement was made before the match, respect.
I really did not realize I frustrate you so much. I will cease.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM
The Curragh

damn jinx. some guy even bet me 200 dollars even money giving me Roger.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 AM
cincygreg

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley
I catch some tennis as my daughter is a big fan. She's glad to see Andy Murray back. he got her hooked last year. Enjoy Greg!

Thanks Riley. It was a great day of matches yesterday and it wasnt as hot out so that made it even better.

T.T.Y.L. Greg
Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincygreg
Thanks Riley. It was a great day of matches yesterday and it wasnt as hot out so that made it even better.

T.T.Y.L. Greg

You played with matches ...yet it wasn't hot?

No wonder you're in Cincinnati.