Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Hollywood Park

Default TVG on Sirius 126 (..and XM 243 too)

Just discovered that TVG is broadcasting on Sirius 126 right now.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Steve Byk

And XM 243... Finally started up at midnight last night...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Narragansett Park

I went to listen to the replay at 6:30 am on my way to work and was disappointed to not here Steve & ATR but the replay show from the Meadowlands. The replay apparently was still running from 7 - 10.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hollywood Park

And they cut off the live coverage just before the Marathon. Way to go, Sirius/XM!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Les Bois

Default TVG's Live Horseracing Coverage Available on SIRIUS XM Radio

What does this mean for "At the Races"? They don't mention anything about the 4pm-7pm time slot nor about the replay time slots. Sorry if I missed the announcement during the show this week...

TVG, America's horseracing network, today announced that SIRIUS XM Radio will simulcast TVG's live horseracing coverage
to listeners nationwide on SIRIUS channel 126 and XM channel 243. Starting
Friday, November 6, SIRIUS XM Radio will broadcast TVG's original programming
as well as the network's live race calls from North America's premier race
tracks.

This broadcasting agreement makes TVG's television network content,
broadcasted into over 33 million American households daily, available to more
than 18 million SIRIUS XM listeners across the country.

"We're very excited to extend TVG's comprehensive coverage of horseracing's
top events to SIRIUS XM subscribers, giving racing fans across the nation
another avenue to follow 'the Sport of Kings'," said Gerard Cunningham,
president of Betfair US, parent company of TVG. "Listeners can tune in to hear
all of the in-depth race analysis, handicapping advice and exclusive
interviews airing on TVG in preparation for this weekend's Breeders' Cup."
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
The Curragh

I was shocked to hear a live call from Philly at 230 PM with no previous promotion but what can you expect. Promotion and Horse Racing are mutually exclusive....

Byk just picked the first 7 BC races cold and made the highlight of the broadcast day the gross national product of Arcadia he won on a bankroll that cost less than lunch in an elementary school. Nice job AGAIN Mr Byk...
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by favoritetrick
What does this mean for "At the Races"? They don't mention anything about the 4pm-7pm time slot nor about the replay time slots. Sorry if I missed the announcement during the show this week..
News about the 24/7 racing channels (126/243) came out about two months ago. No one was sure about when the switch would be thrown on adding the TVG audio feed though as some legalities and tech issues were being worked out. The TVG feed augments my weekday "At the Races" show and Saturday's "Down the Stretch" by building around the clock racing programming on SiriusXM. Steve Cohen, head of SiriusXM Sports, has been committed to racing for a long time and recognizes that the sport's fan base is well-matched to satellite radio's target audience.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
I was shocked to hear a live call from Philly at 230 PM with no previous promotion but what can you expect. Promotion and Horse Racing are mutually exclusive....

Byk just picked the first 7 BC races cold and made the highlight of the broadcast day the gross national product of Arcadia he won on a bankroll that cost less than lunch in an elementary school. Nice job AGAIN Mr Byk...
Doc,

Too kind! It was a nice, nice day Friday at the Great Multi-Race Wagering Place.

I only got word of the switch throw on the TVG audio while on the air Thursday... Knew it was coming but didn't know when. Talk of it had actually died down, so a lot of us thought there was a hitch. Should be fun for anyone preferring to hear anything about racing, and really demonstrates SiriusXM's commitment to the game.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Doc,

Too kind! It was a nice, nice day Friday at the Great Multi-Race Wagering Place.

I only got word of the switch throw on the TVG audio while on the air Thursday... Knew it was coming but didn't know when. Talk of it had actually died down, so a lot of us thought there was a hitch. Should be fun for anyone preferring to hear anything about racing, and really demonstrates SiriusXM's commitment to the game.
Steve,
Now get them to put 126 on the Internet line-up. Great work by the way!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Fairgrounds

From now on when I am at work doing graveyard shift I can listen to channel 126 when there is nothing else to listen to. I might actually keep my Sirius even though they are ticking me off.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Tropical Park

Not too happy that the TVG replay has now taken over the 7-10am slot. Who really wants to listen to race replays from the previous night while driving to work? A replay of ATR seems perfect for the 7-10am slot so that people could listen to ATR on their way to and from work.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan
Not too happy that the TVG replay has now taken over the 7-10am slot. Who really wants to listen to race replays from the previous night while driving to work? A replay of ATR seems perfect for the 7-10am slot so that people could listen to ATR on their way to and from work.
TF,

Thx... Some things to work out with the new programming... A number of people already voicing their displeasure. Am working on it.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan
You don't like Mountaineer replays? It's a no brainer, 7-10 slot is best for ATR replay. and why does Byk always have to do all the work?