Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Flemington

Default NBA Playoff Predictions...

Coming soon. Sometime tonight after the Laker game.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Flemington

West will be up later.

Eastern Conference-

Miami vs Milwaukee

Not really much to say here. Miami will win this in 5. They will likely take a game off in Milwaukee and let the Bucks steal a game. The Bucks would be no serious threat to any Eastern Conference playoff team in a 7 game series. Miami is like a well-oiled machine. Only flaw I see with them is that they can get complacent at times. Something they have not done in the past 8-12 weeks.

Knicks vs Celtics

Upset alert here. I’m not sold on the Knicks, because I’m not sold on their superstar. I believe Carmelo Anthony is selfish. If he proves me wrong Ill be happy for him and the Knicks. The problem for the Knicks is Boston won’t just roll over. They have 2 Hall Of Famers who can still play at a high level night in and night out. I have a large amount of respect for Paul Pierce and KG. I’ll take Boston in 7, in what should be a great series.

Pacers vs Hawks

I have been a fan of Indiana for a while. All year I thought they were Miami’s only real threat. I don’t believe that anymore. Indiana is coming into the playoffs about as badly as you can be. They have lost 5 of their last 6 games, most of them blowouts. They do get bailed out though. The Hawks are no good. Same team every year. First round exit is the ceiling for them. As bad as Indiana has been, I believe they will handle Atlanta in no more than 6 games.

Nets vs Bulls

Derrick Rose should be ashamed of himself. Medically cleared for over a month now and still not playing? No real reason to not be playing. In my opinion he is a criminal. He is stealing money from the Bulls. I still believe the year Derrick Rose won the MVP was the biggest robbery in the history of the NBA. How Lebron James did not win the award that year is still unexplainable to me. Enough with that rant. Nets in no more than 6 games. Derron Williams is playing better and Lopez is a legit big in this league. Even if Rose was healthy I think the Nets would win this series. Rose is one of the biggest frauds in the history of sports in this writers opinion. He is solidifying that status right now by not playing.

Round 2-

Miami vs Nets

Miami in no more than 6 games. The Nets in a short time have built an OK team. But that’s all they are. An OK regular season team. Miami is an absolute juggernaut with 2 of the best players of all time. Lebron is making his case now to the best player ever.. I expect nothing less but them to dominate these playoffs.

Pacers vs Celtics

This is a tough one. After a tough 7 game series with the Knicks I’m not sure how much Boston could possibly have left. Even though the Pacers are going into the Playoffs the wrong way, I believe the way things will work out will favor them. It’s also a reflection of how weak the East is other than Miami. There is no real threat to Miami in the east, and to be frank there is no threat to Miami in the entire NBA right now. Pacers in 6 over a drained Boston team.

Eastern Conference Finals

Miami vs Pacers

Indiana got Miami’s attention during last year’s playoffs. That was a different team. W/ a healthy Danny Granger this would be tougher for Miami. I believe Miami is more likely to take a night off in round 1 than they will against this Pacer team. Miami in no more than 5 and a sweep is likely as I expect Miami to only get stronger as the Playoffs progress.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
West will be up later.

Eastern Conference-

Miami vs Milwaukee

Not really much to say here. Miami will win this in 5. They will likely take a game off in Milwaukee and let the Bucks steal a game. The Bucks would be no serious threat to any Eastern Conference playoff team in a 7 game series. Miami is like a well-oiled machine. Only flaw I see with them is that they can get complacent at times. Something they have not done in the past 8-12 weeks.

Knicks vs Celtics

Upset alert here. I’m not sold on the Knicks, because I’m not sold on their superstar. I believe Carmelo Anthony is selfish. If he proves me wrong Ill be happy for him and the Knicks. The problem for the Knicks is Boston won’t just roll over. They have 2 Hall Of Famers who can still play at a high level night in and night out. I have a large amount of respect for Paul Pierce and KG. I’ll take Boston in 7, in what should be a great series.

Pacers vs Hawks

I have been a fan of Indiana for a while. All year I thought they were Miami’s only real threat. I don’t believe that anymore. Indiana is coming into the playoffs about as badly as you can be. They have lost 5 of their last 6 games, most of them blowouts. They do get bailed out though. The Hawks are no good. Same team every year. First round exit is the ceiling for them. As bad as Indiana has been, I believe they will handle Atlanta in no more than 6 games.

Nets vs Bulls

Derrick Rose should be ashamed of himself. Medically cleared for over a month now and still not playing? No real reason to not be playing. In my opinion he is a criminal. He is stealing money from the Bulls. I still believe the year Derrick Rose won the MVP was the biggest robbery in the history of the NBA. How Lebron James did not win the award that year is still unexplainable to me. Enough with that rant. Nets in no more than 6 games. Derron Williams is playing better and Lopez is a legit big in this league. Even if Rose was healthy I think the Nets would win this series. Rose is one of the biggest frauds in the history of sports in this writers opinion. He is solidifying that status right now by not playing.

Round 2-

Miami vs Nets

Miami in no more than 6 games. The Nets in a short time have built an OK team. But that’s all they are. An OK regular season team. Miami is an absolute juggernaut with 2 of the best players of all time. Lebron is making his case now to the best player ever.. I expect nothing less but them to dominate these playoffs.

Pacers vs Celtics

This is a tough one. After a tough 7 game series with the Knicks I’m not sure how much Boston could possibly have left. Even though the Pacers are going into the Playoffs the wrong way, I believe the way things will work out will favor them. It’s also a reflection of how weak the East is other than Miami. There is no real threat to Miami in the east, and to be frank there is no threat to Miami in the entire NBA right now. Pacers in 6 over a drained Boston team.

Eastern Conference Finals

Miami vs Pacers

Indiana got Miami’s attention during last year’s playoffs. That was a different team. W/ a healthy Danny Granger this would be tougher for Miami. I believe Miami is more likely to take a night off in round 1 than they will against this Pacer team. Miami in no more than 5 and a sweep is likely as I expect Miami to only get stronger as the Playoffs progress.
As a Knicks fan this is the best news i could have gotten. You all but guarenteed them into the finals!!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Randwyck

You, sir, are no writer!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
As a Knicks fan this is the best news i could have gotten. You all but guarenteed them into the finals!!
Same with the Bulls!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Gulfstream Park

Your giving the Pacers too much credit. For some unknown reason they have tanked here at the end. Went on a four game west coast swing and won them all then packed it in after that. Hawks will most likely beat 'em.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Your giving the Pacers too much credit. For some unknown reason they have tanked here at the end. Went on a four game west coast swing and won them all then packed it in after that. Hawks will most likely beat 'em.
I might be. Its almost by default. I dont believe in the Knicks at all. They have the wrong star. I dont think the Hawks are made to win in the playoffs. They never do. But who knows, Indiana is playing bad right now.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Flemington

Western Conference

Work has been crazy

Thunder vs Rockets

Thunder in 6

Spurs vs Lakers

Lakers in 7

Nuggets vs Warriors

Warriors in 6

Clippers vs Grizzlies

Clippers in 7

Round 2

Thunder vs Clippers

Thunder in 6

Warriors vs Lakers

Warriors in 6

Western Conference finals

Thunder vs Warriors

Thunder in 6

NBA Finals

Heat vs Thunder

Heat in 5. The Heat broke OKCs heart last year and beat up on them during the regular season. I don’t see anything changing this year. Actually I don’t see how Durant/Westbrook get a title. Not this year or next. Then The King returns to Cleveland, they will be loaded. Maybe when Lebrons 35, Durant can get 1.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Western Conference

Work has been crazy

Thunder vs Rockets

Thunder in 6

Spurs vs Lakers

Lakers in 7

Nuggets vs Warriors

Warriors in 6

Clippers vs Grizzlies

Clippers in 7

Round 2

Thunder vs Clippers

Thunder in 6

Warriors vs Lakers

Warriors in 6

Western Conference finals

Thunder vs Warriors

Thunder in 6

NBA Finals

Heat vs Thunder

Heat in 5. The Heat broke OKCs heart last year and beat up on them during the regular season. I don’t see anything changing this year. Actually I don’t see how Durant/Westbrook get a title. Not this year or next. Then The King returns to Cleveland, they will be loaded. Maybe when Lebrons 35, Durant can get 1.
Nuggets haven't lost a home game since January and they are going to lose in 6?
Not likely.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Nuggets haven't lost a home game since January and they are going to lose in 6?
Not likely.
It'll be surprising if the Warriors even stretch them to 6, Denver is really good.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Flemington

And banged up. Serious question in your opinion does Golden State have the 2 best players in the series? Curry and Lee. If Barnes can give them anything look out.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Sha Tin

Heat in 4 over Milwaukee- They are 37-2 in their last 39 and hardly tried the last 2 weeks. Don't see Milwaukee winning a game. The real question is can Miami cover what are likely to be obscene lines? They opened at -11 and have been bet up to -13.5.

New York over Boston in 6- Ray Felton will screw up at least one game especially with Bradley guarding him. I figure that Boston will win another at home but the Knicks are a better team at this point.

Indiana over Atlanta in 5- Atlanta stinks, Indiana doesn't. The last few games of the season are meaningless.

Brooklyn over Chicago in 7- Despite PG1985's protest over Derrick Roses' injury the key player in this series is Noah. If he isn't close to 100% the Bulls are in trouble especially if Gibson isn't entirely healthy either. The Bulls backcourt will have loads of trouble with Brooklyns big guards especially Williams who seems to playing his best basketball lately.

2nd round
Heat over Brooklyn in 5- This is not a good matchup for Brooklyn. I gave them one game but they could easily get swept

Indiana over New York in 7- This could be a classic, old-time NBA playoff series. The Knicks defensive weakness might be exposed by Indiana's frontcourt. The key could be Anthony being able to play more effective defense without it affecting his offense.

Miami over Indiana in 5- Miami is better at what they do than Indiana is at what they do.

The thing that you have to remember about the playoffs is that though the games are more intense there is a lot of time between games which allows the better players to stay on the court longer. Obviously this helps Miami and the older teams like San Antonio.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Sha Tin

OKC over Houston in 5- Houston will steal a game by making an obscene number of 3 pointers but OKC is far too strong for the Rockets defense to deal with.

SA over the Lakers in 7- SA is banged up, Nash is hurting, Kobe is out. How are the Lakers going to score? Is Tracy McGrady really gonna play? If Dwight Howard ever wants to start to rebuild his reputation this would be a good place to start. But in the end Popovich will piece something together and pull this out.

Denver over Golden State in 6- This could be a wild series. Golden State will likely play some zone to slowdown Denver who is w/o Galanari who was their primary perimeter threat. If Denver's big men can control the boards it will be hard for GS to win 4 games. Bogut might be the key here but who can depend on him? I think GS will be tougher than everyone thinks they will be especially if Curry can have one of those games where he makes impossible shots.

LA Clippers over Memphis in 7- Probably the closest matched series. Del Negro will blow at least one game but Chris Paul is a big X factor that Memphis doesn't really have a match for.

2nd Round
OKC over LA Clips in 6- If the Clippers can get the OKC frontcourt in foul trouble they will win games. If they don't they won't. Still can't figure out what Brooks sees in Fisher who is so far beyond toast its scary but he is still better than Vinny.

Denver over SA in 5- I expect Denver to run the Spurs into the ground. It is too bad Galanari is hurt because I do believe they could give OKC a run.

OKC over Denver in 6- OKC is just more talented and the extra time in between games means that Durant and Westbrook can play virtually all of the game provided they arent in foul trouble.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM
The Curragh

As important as Gall can be, what fournier, brewer and chandler can do is really something. They are a lot of fouls and endless energy on D. I have questioned this team fairly recently but they are the real deal. Got my tix for Tuesday night and round two. Go Nuggets!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
OKC over Houston in 5- Houston will steal a game by making an obscene number of 3 pointers but OKC is far too strong for the Rockets defense to deal with.

SA over the Lakers in 7- SA is banged up, Nash is hurting, Kobe is out. How are the Lakers going to score? Is Tracy McGrady really gonna play? If Dwight Howard ever wants to start to rebuild his reputation this would be a good place to start. But in the end Popovich will piece something together and pull this out.

Denver over Golden State in 6- This could be a wild series. Golden State will likely play some zone to slowdown Denver who is w/o Galanari who was their primary perimeter threat. If Denver's big men can control the boards it will be hard for GS to win 4 games. Bogut might be the key here but who can depend on him? I think GS will be tougher than everyone thinks they will be especially if Curry can have one of those games where he makes impossible shots.

LA Clippers over Memphis in 7- Probably the closest matched series. Del Negro will blow at least one game but Chris Paul is a big X factor that Memphis doesn't really have a match for.

2nd Round
OKC over LA Clips in 6- If the Clippers can get the OKC frontcourt in foul trouble they will win games. If they don't they won't. Still can't figure out what Brooks sees in Fisher who is so far beyond toast its scary but he is still better than Vinny.

Denver over SA in 5- I expect Denver to run the Spurs into the ground. It is too bad Galanari is hurt because I do believe they could give OKC a run.

OKC over Denver in 6- OKC is just more talented and the extra time in between games means that Durant and Westbrook can play virtually all of the game provided they arent in foul trouble.

GS right in this. Big game Steph Curry.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Flemington

Brutal loss.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Sha Tin

Lee is out for the playoffs. They will still win a game at home but doubt GS does more than that.

Memphis looked flat.
The Bulls are in trouble.
The Knicks just wore Boston down. The Celtics offensive rebounding is non-existent.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Flemington

I don't pick GS knowing Lee is out. They will still be competitive.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Lee is out for the playoffs. They will still win a game at home but doubt GS does more than that.

Memphis looked flat.
The Bulls are in trouble.
The Knicks just wore Boston down. The Celtics offensive rebounding is non-existent.
That looked really painful.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Flemington

Ill say it again. Its a total shame David Lee got hurt. GSU is likely going to beat Denver anyway. They could have actually went to the finals. With the Westbrook injury, everything is off.