Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Steve Byk

Default Week/Weekend Stakes Beyers

CT Charles Town Classic S (G2): Game On Dude 106 (Awesome Again) B. Baffert/M. Smith
CT Sugar Maple S: Dance to Bristol 106 (Speightstown) O. Figgins/X. Perez

HAW Illinois Derby (G3): Departing 93 (War Front) A. Stall/B. Hernandez
HAW Sixty Sails H (G3): Disposablepleasure 98 (Giacomo) T. Pletcher/J. Castellano

KEE Ben Ali S (G3): Successful Dan 98 (Successful Appeal) C. LoPresti /J. Leparoux
KEE Lexington S (G3): Winning Cause 89 (Giant's Causeway) T. Pletcher/J. Leparoux
KEE Giant's Causeway S: Sweet Cassiopeia 92 (Five Star Day) W. Connelly/J. Rocco
KEE Doubledogdare S (G3): Ice Cream Silence 80 (Street Sense) G. Arnold/R. Napravnik
KEE Appalachian S: Unbelievable Dream 80 (Kitalpha) B. Tagg/J. Rosario

WO Star Shoot S: Rootham Triple E's 80 (Weather Warning) S. Di Pasquale/J. Stein
WO Woodstock SP: Dan the Tin Man 78 (Songandaprayer) R. Griffith/P. Husbands

SA San Juan Capistrano H (G2): Interaction-ARG 97 (Easing Along) R. McAnally/J. Talamo
SA La Puente S: Procurement 86 (Milwaukee Brew) T. Proctor/G. Gomez
SA Santa Barbara H (G2): Lady of Shamrock 87 (Scat Daddy) J. Sadler/R. Bejarano
SA San Simeon S (G3): Chips All In 100 (North Light-IRE) J. Mullins/T. Baze

CRC Miami Mile H (G3): Summer Front 93 (War Front) C. Clement/J. Bravo
CRC Musical Romance S: Starship Truffles 85 (Ghostzapper) M. Wolfson/J. Rios

AQU Road Princess S: Kauai Katie 85 (Malibu Moon) T. Pletcher/J. Castellano

PIM Primonetta S: Bold Affair 81 (Two Punch) H. Wolfendale/A. Castellano
PIM Henry S. Clark S: Eighttofasttocatch 105 (Not For Love) T. Keefe/F. Boyce
PIM Stormy Blues S: Jewel of a Cat 75 (Wildcat Heir) B. Perkins/C. DeCarlo

EVD Inaugural S: Lattin Devil 90 (Latent Heat) J. Lara/D. Meche *(NTR)*

Last edited by Kasept : 04-23-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Steve Byk

Game On Dude 105
Dance to Bristol 106
Old 04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Santa Anita

I wonder what time they based that 105 on for Game on Dude. Was it the printed, fictional one or the real one?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I wonder what time they based that 105 on for Game on Dude. Was it the printed, fictional one or the real one?
Erich Zimny from CT wrote me about the fig too. Said something about an outrider tripping the beam and he wondered if Beyer Associates might have hand-timed the race to make the number? I suggested he get a hold of Dick Jerardi who I guessed does the figs for BA. What were your thoughts?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Erich Zimny from CT wrote me about the fig too. Said something about an outrider tripping the beam and he wondered if Beyer Associates might have hand-timed the race to make the number? I suggested he get a hold of Dick Jerardi who I guessed does the figs for BA. What were your thoughts?
My thoughts are if you use the "official" time, it has to be broken out. If you use the real time, it falls in line with the other route pretty closely. I don't use the Beyer scale any longer, but given the proximity of the other two horses and the fact Baffert horses are running like crap, it sounds about right to me.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
My thoughts are if you use the "official" time, it has to be broken out. If you use the real time, it falls in line with the other route pretty closely. I don't use the Beyer scale any longer, but given the proximity of the other two horses and the fact Baffert horses are running like crap, it sounds about right to me.
I imagine it was projected, and it does make sense for the others. but I don't know. I can find out.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Erich Zimny from CT wrote me about the fig too. Said something about an outrider tripping the beam
That type of timing error is avoided if the timer starts at the break of the gate.

It's not real common ... but outriders and starters at some tracks can be oblivious to run-up ... and they accidentally put themselves in the path of the beam and trigger the timer before the first horse gets there to trigger it.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Most pathetic name drop evah.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
That type of timing error is avoided if the timer starts at the break of the gate. It's not real common ... but outriders and starters at some tracks can be oblivious to run-up ... and they accidentally put themselves in the path of the beam and trigger the timer before the first horse gets there to trigger it.

which is how it should be.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Steve Byk

KEE Ben Ali S (G3): Successful Dan 98 (Successful Appeal) C. LoPresti /J. Leparoux

WO Woodstock SP: Dan the Tin Man 78 (Songandaprayer) R. Griffith/P. Husbands

SA San Juan Capistrano H (G2): Interaction-ARG -- (Easing Along) R. McAnally/J. Talamo
SA La Puente S: Procurement -- (Milwaukee Brew) T. Proctor/G. Gomez

AQU Road Princess S: Kauai Katie 85 (Malibu Moon) T. Pletcher/J. Castellano
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ime?source=rss
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Even though the picture doesn't suggest it, the outrider on the outside fence was in the path of the starting beam:

If people ever wondered why it seems so hard for horses to pass on the inside through the stretch even when they have a huge hole ... it's because the camera angle.

If you have two closers appearing to move together in the stretch, one on the rail, and one in the 6th path.

The closer in the 6 path is CLEARLY in front and they most certainly aren't on even terms even though they appear it.

Some horses will get intimidated when they try to go inside through tight quarters... but mostly, it's a camera angle and a self fulfilling prophecy because jockeys always try to get outside for a clear wide run when they're confident and full of run. Dominguez and Borel were always the two biggest exceptions to the rule, but Dominguez quickly got away from that when he came to New York a few years ago.