Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Steve Byk

Default SWLY departs Spa; Summer ending..

Just back from the Annex where Sumwon is boarding the Sallee van for the return trip to Louisville with Hank, Top Royelle and the rest of Chuck's string..

It will be very hard the next few days to not have her available to visit after finishing the day here.. There is an untold pleasure having a horse to see at the track, and I'm certain that a large percentage of the Dee Tee/DTers that have come to Toga and Churchill have received as much enjoyment from this side of the involvement at the track, as anything that transpires on the track.

Things are winding down at the Spa of course, as they always do post-Travers, and our 2007 campaign of Sumwonlovesyou simultaneously ends. The messages of pleasure and satisfaction that so many of you communicated to Chuck and Cherie for their dedication and willingness to open their operation to you means a great deal to them, and to me as well. I reiterate that while we still look for that elusive initial win, what everyone has done as a group with Dee Tee is a tremendous contribution to the game, and we have a lot to be proud of.

Our 2nd Dee Tee runner should fill the void with Sumwon turned out for 100 days+, and more exciting times are ahead for anyone that wishes to be involved... I want to thank everyone who came to Saratoga this summer to see Sumwon, and/or her races. This has been a special 5 weeks for me personally. While I'm going to miss having the big filly close by, the knowledge of everyone's delight in seeing her here and the memory of our two tries at the Spa will go a long way to assuage the melancholy of the end of this magical summer...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Fairgrounds

Steve,
We should be thanking you, not the other way around. It was an amazing experience. I am looking forward to number two.

Paul
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Oaklawn

Steve:

I echo what Paul says. I have been watching, reading and listening mainly from afar of the sheer enjoyment the members of the DT family have had during this summer run. During my two visits to the SPA this summer, you could feel the genuine excitment of those around the BBQ. You, Chuck and Cherie are providing a wonderful opportunity that many of us would of never dreamed possible. Thanks to each of you for making this a reality.

Looking forward to sharing in this excitment first hand with #2.

Dave
Old 08-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Suffolk Downs

Steve: Thank you, Chuck, and Cherie, for going out of your way to make everyone feel like they were an owner. It was great talking horses with you guys. I've been coming to Saratoga for 40 years and you guys helped to make this one the most memorable. I'm going to miss making that right turn on Fifth Street on my way home. Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Goodwood

Steve,

I thank you for your hard work putting DT together and keeping it going so smoothly. A partnership of this size has to be a bit cumbersome to deal with and you do it with aplomb and with no complaints (at least not publicly...). You are doing a tremendous service to a lot of people that could otherwise not afford to get into the game and for that you should be commended.

Chuck, Cherie and the rest of Team Simon should be very proud of how many people they have thrilled by having their shedrow virtually open at all hours for visits. Their openess answering questions and willingness to allow us into their workplace is incredible.

I am looking forward to DT 2 and beyond. This truly was a magical summer, but we have too much to look forward to to be melancholy.

Thanks to Steve, Chuck, Cherie and the rest of Team Simon for a great ride and we will find that winner's circle in NOLA.

Bigs
Old 08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Special Thanks

to Steve, Chuck, and Cherie for all of their hard work associated with Sumwon. I also echo Steve's sentiments in regards to having a horse at Saratoga to go visit and make my week stay there memorable. I have dreamed for many many years to be able to own a racehorse especially one at Saratoga. To see that dream come true with Sumwon on a small scale and Wisemensue on a larger scale is something that words cannot describe. To be able to go to the paddock and see a horse that you have an interest in was amazing and to see that horse gave everything that she had is also beyond words.

The mornings at Chuck's Barn and watching horses which you have an interest in work at the Oklahoma track has been a dream come true for myself. Once again, thanks to Steve, Chuck and Cherie for making my dream come true....

PSH
Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Golden Gate

It was a real thrill to visit SWLY at Chucks barn. Chuck could not have been more accommodating. Steve was a great host at the track. Big thanks to both of them. KP
Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
It will be very hard the next few days to not have her available to visit after finishing the day here..
Horses are so real. When you're with a horse, you can think of nothing else, your mind clears and calms.

First months of Dee Tee - a wonderful ride! Couldn't have been better. I read back the day Steve came on the list and urged us all to quick pull up the Fasig-Tipton sale, as a possible horse for Dee Tee was about to go in the ring. Another thousand bucks and she wouldn't have been ours. So exciting. We've come so far.

Thanks, everyone!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Churchill Downs

I also want to say thanks for EVERYONE involved. Just to think that in Jan of 2007... I was thinking.. should I put in the $500.00 or not, should I , or not.. well I said ... "" Hey lets see how this ride goes""... and the excitement of a Feb purchase, to the trip to New Orleans, to the first race in Kentucky, and the following races @ THE TOP tracks.... To meet the fine people up @ the sppppaaaaaaaaaa & see the big girl in her barn.. has been such a
FANTASTIC ride... Let me just say If anyone is not sure about getting into this game. DO IT.. When you deal with Steve, Chuck & Chuck's FINE crew.. your dealing with FIRST CLASS people !!!! I hope sumwon enjoys her vacation & keeps the heart of a champion.... Dont worry THAT Winners Circle Picture is going to be VERY SPECIAL. To all my partners.. Thanks for letting me be a part of this !!!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
The Curragh

Pretty much echo the sentiment.

We have a group of guys who used to get together all the time at whatever function and always end up with the conversation - "wouldn't it be great if someday we went in together and claimed a horse... or bought one at auction... a yearling would be awesome, etc...". Always seemed like a daunting task and at a minimum YEARS away.

All of us ended up getting in on SWLY and have had the time of our lives. The Saratoga experience was unforgettable and we are already talking New Orleans and Kentucky.

Tremendous thanks to Steve, Chuck, Cherie and rest of team for making this possible.

Looking forward to great things in the future!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
I also want to say thanks for EVERYONE involved. Just to think that in Jan of 2007... I was thinking.. should I put in the $500.00 or not, should I , or not.. well I said ... "" Hey lets see how this ride goes""... and the excitement of a Feb purchase, to the trip to New Orleans, to the first race in Kentucky, and the following races @ THE TOP tracks.... To meet the fine people up @ the sppppaaaaaaaaaa & see the big girl in her barn.. has been such a
FANTASTIC ride... Let me just say If anyone is not sure about getting into this game. DO IT.. When you deal with Steve, Chuck & Chuck's FINE crew.. your dealing with FIRST CLASS people !!!! I hope sumwon enjoys her vacation & keeps the heart of a champion.... Dont worry THAT Winners Circle Picture is going to be VERY SPECIAL. To all my partners.. Thanks for letting me be a part of this !!!!
Even GPK?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Louisiana Downs

I concur with what everyone has already stated. A truly memorable summer!
Thanks Chuck, Steve and Cherie.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Even GPK?
LOL - one of the special highlights was meeting the partners, and making new friends I'd never have met normally. Such a variety of people, ages, backgrounds - I'm glad I got to meet you guys, you're all great people.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

This partnership has motivated me to actually go to the track. I had never been to Keeneland, Churchill or Arlington.

I had never given a horse peppermints

Sumwonlovesyou is our first love and I look forward to her return and the next horse the partnership gets.

Thanks to everyone

especially Chuck, Cherie, TC and Steve.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Sunshine Park

Talking Last weekend at the SPA and Steve's

We will make our last visit this weekend but will miss our visit to see Summy!!!We are so thanfkul t and lucky o be blessed with "true" horsepeople. , thanks to you all for everyhting!!! I rememeer going to the track 15 years ago with Martin and Steve. We always talked about getting a horse and this has become a reality. I know that with this venture and the new ones that we will all have many special moments. We will be in the winners circle one day when it may really mean something and in the "news" Remember all that patience is a virtue and we will continue to have the chance to share new adventures. Have a great fall and look forward to seeing everyone on our next tour. Aurevoir et merci beaucoup
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Kelster, Martin & Famille.

Was a pleasure meeting you guys on Ballerina Day. Wish I could head down this weekend , but the wife will have my head, as she will not put up with 3 consecutive week-ends at the SPA. Anyway, maybe hook up with you guys dans La Belle Province !