Dee Tee Stables

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...082607USA1.pdf

chart...
Old 08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
That part is a bit interesting.
I find it intersting that you find the decision not to scope interesting.

Why spend the money to scope if she's headed off to stand in a field anyway? If she gurgled, Dominguez would have said something. Otherwise, we don't need her scoped to put her on the farm. Wise $$ management by Chuck, in my opinion.....

The race was, what it was. I look forward to her return to 8f races.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Newmarket

good of him to wrap up on her late, i agree, but of course he knew she had nothing left.
what i don't get at all is the tactics that were used, why put her into a speed duel? I fully expected that as a router shortening up that she would be coming from off the pace, and try to rally from mid pack. why was she setting fast fractions along with horses that were being really hustled from the gate? she didn't figure to be able to wire that field at six furlongs.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

get some good rest and come back to fair grounds for some good times and food. also a good race win too..
Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
I find it intersting that you find the decision not to scope interesting.

Why spend the money to scope if she's headed off to stand in a field anyway? If she gurgled, Dominguez would have said something. Otherwise, we don't need her scoped to put her on the farm. Wise $$ management by Chuck, in my opinion.....

The race was, what it was. I look forward to her return to 8f races.
She went just as quick on or near the front in both her 1-turn miles and finished up very well. Today she was done at the 1/4 pole. I'd probably want to know. It's easier I suppose to just chalk it up to distance and class.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Keeneland

Good lord, Zig, did the tiger eat your hamster?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Good lord, Zig, did the tiger eat your hamster?
that's my mike the tiger nod. i was just waiting for after the race today to put him up.
it's football season!!! yay!!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
She went just as quick on or near the front in both her 1-turn miles and finished up very well. Today she was done at the 1/4 pole. I'd probably want to know. It's easier I suppose to just chalk it up to distance and class.
i think it was a matter of facing sprinters and she isn't one. we were never aiming for a six furlong race, til friday...
Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No, not easier, just unwarranted to do a diagnostic test (even an easy to do, relatively inexpensive one) when there is no indication of that problem as a differential diagnosis.

Believe me, knowing Chuck, if he even suspected a problem we'd already have the scope results here on the list The riders, too, can feel (or should be able to) whether a horse is stopping due to something hurting, an airway problem, or just not wanting to go on.

Horses are just like people - sometimes they just get tired of their jobs, no matter how much they like it.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
No, not easier, just unwarranted to do a diagnostic test (even an easy to do, relatively inexpensive one) when there is no indication of that problem as a differential diagnosis.

Believe me, knowing Chuck, if he even suspected a problem we'd already have the scope results here on the list The riders, too, can feel (or should be able to) whether a horse is stopping due to something hurting, an airway problem, or just not wanting to go on.

Horses are just like people - sometimes they just get tired of their jobs, no matter how much they like it.
ain't that the truth?!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
good of him to wrap up on her late, i agree, but of course he knew she had nothing left.
what i don't get at all is the tactics that were used, why put her into a speed duel? I fully expected that as a router shortening up that she would be coming from off the pace, and try to rally from mid pack. why was she setting fast fractions along with horses that were being really hustled from the gate? she didn't figure to be able to wire that field at six furlongs.
I think she was in that duel because of the way she breaks, she breaks like a shot every time. I think it would do her good to break like **** one time but not gonna happen.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Flemington

Well, you certainly had a great run throughout the year with the filly.

Excellent job with the selection of purchasing her, and the management was great overall.

I was hoping to see her here, but so many of the owners are in Saratoga and she really seemed like she would have been spotted well in the race that didn't fill....the race today was certainly a tough spot, but I can see the reasoning that she deserved one more shot in front of many of the people involved with her.

Good luck when she runs back next year.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 PM
pgardn

Boy does she break well.
And she is fast.
She wants to be a part of the early pace everytime that is clear so one always learns something which is important.

But she is not a sprinter so my expectations were to come out safely.
And holy cow this was a pretty tough bunch to sprint against.

Man this was really fun seeing all the enjoyment people got out of this horse and the little journey this year. People got to meet each other. Something special was accomplished by Mr. Byk and Mr. Simon and all those who took part. More than just racing. It is interesting to see what boards like this can accomplish.

Thanks to all of you who took time to take photos... Scavs, AEwinger, spyder and the rest, sorry if I left anyone out.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Good luck when she runs back next year.
That Fairgrounds series someone posted previously seems awfully attractive.

Sumwon gets to come back here to KY (I hope!), get let down and turned out to pasture to eat some of this good bluegrass with the sun on her back ... she's a smart and competitive filly, she'll probably be bored stiff in a few months and be ready and eager to get back and roll as a 4-year old

We had a great run so far with our 15K Mountaineer claimer, no denying - Keeneland, Churchill, Arlington, Saratoga ... not too shabby!

In the mean time, while Sum's on vacation, we get to see what surprise Chuck will come up with for us in DeeTee Two - The Lime and Blue School Bus Continues To Roll!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Sha Tin

Sumwon has been asking for a vacation and I guess it is time that we gave one to her. She came out of the race with a pretty good grab on her foot but I dont know if it had anything to do with her finish or not. Though the race was not ideal as far as distance or competition, we bought her to race and being that she was headed to pasture win or lose, it seemed like a good spot to try something different. She broke sharp and was close to pace on her own. I had told Ramon that she always breaks sharp and try to place her where she is comfortable. She was sitting off the pace in reasonable fractions and I thought we were in good shape entering the turn. But she had no real response when asked for something approaching the 1/4 pole. While she did not change leads once again, Ramon said that she warmed up great and felt fine during the race and pulling up but she had no try in her once the horses started passing her. He smacked her a few times to try to get her to change leads but she never would.

I did not scope her because there is no real reason to. If I believed that there was a problem than I would have. She is going to the farm at the end of the week and will stay there until December 1st or thereabouts. I actually have not decided where she is going yet as my place is not yet ready for turnouts. She is a little tired physically and probably a little weary of being in a 12 x 12 stall too. When bringing her back this winter, I expect her to be a bit stronger as she matures into a 4 year old.

Once again it was great seeing all the people who were able to get out to the races. I hope to see many more of you in the coming months in KY and New Orleans over the winter. I also may have a small group of horses at Tampa but nothing is for sure yet.

Steve and I are grateful that everyone has been so supportive through the entire process despite some tough outings and narrow defeats. It has been a pleasurable experience for us both in dealing with so many new people who have never owned or thought that they could own a horse that races in the "big leagues". Hopefully we have helped you understand some of the 'ins and outs' of horse ownership and had a lot of fun in the process.
CS
Old 08-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Sumwon has been asking for a vacation and I guess it is time that we gave one to her. She came out of the race with a pretty good grab on her foot but I dont know if it had anything to do with her finish or not. Though the race was not ideal as far as distance or competition, we bought her to race and being that she was headed to pasture win or lose, it seemed like a good spot to try something different. She broke sharp and was close to pace on her own. I had told Ramon that she always breaks sharp and try to place her where she is comfortable. She was sitting off the pace in reasonable fractions and I thought we were in good shape entering the turn. But she had no real response when asked for something approaching the 1/4 pole. While she did not change leads once again, Ramon said that she warmed up great and felt fine during the race and pulling up but she had no try in her once the horses started passing her. He smacked her a few times to try to get her to change leads but she never would.

I did not scope her because there is no real reason to. If I believed that there was a problem than I would have. She is going to the farm at the end of the week and will stay there until December 1st or thereabouts. I actually have not decided where she is going yet as my place is not yet ready for turnouts. She is a little tired physically and probably a little weary of being in a 12 x 12 stall too. When bringing her back this winter, I expect her to be a bit stronger as she matures into a 4 year old.

Once again it was great seeing all the people who were able to get out to the races. I hope to see many more of you in the coming months in KY and New Orleans over the winter. I also may have a small group of horses at Tampa but nothing is for sure yet.

Steve and I are grateful that everyone has been so supportive through the entire process despite some tough outings and narrow defeats. It has been a pleasurable experience for us both in dealing with so many new people who have never owned or thought that they could own a horse that races in the "big leagues". Hopefully we have helped you understand some of the 'ins and outs' of horse ownership and had a lot of fun in the process.
CS

Thanks for the update Chuck....Hope she gets some well deserved rest. Can't wait for her 4 year old campaign. Will you still be around for closing weekend?

Thanks again
Old 08-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I also may have a small group of horses at Tampa but nothing is for sure yet.
Now your talkin'. We missed you here last year.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Lincoln Fields

many thanks for taking the time to give us a personal post-race update, and as always thanks to all the barn connections for their hard work and efforts - hope the grab heals quickly and without complications..

that's a pretty good summary of our trip so far and wouldn't have missed a vicarious moment of it for the world - the best part is there's lots more of those moments to look forward to...

uh if she's feeling up to it in the morning, and with your permission of course lol, could someone sneak our girl a peppermint as a small token of our appreciation???

Quote:
CS
Old 08-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

CS

thanks for the news. no doubt she will enjoy her time kicking up her heels and taking it easy.

look forward to her return to the big easy.

What an absolutely GREAT inaugural year for Dee Tee Stables, my family and I enjoyed every moment of it. Certainly exceeded our expectations. Looking forward to more excitement in the months (and please, hopefully YEARS) to come. Chuck, Steve, it's been great. Thanks once more to the two of you, as well as everyone else involved. To all the partners, past, present and future, hope to run into you (and some of you Again) soon!!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Narragansett Park

Yeah, this has far exceeded my wildest expectations and cant wait to expand things. Thanks to everyone involved.