Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Sundays Race -

Looking at the PPs for the first time. Things I noticed about some of the competition

#1) 10-1 Countess Scala - without cobra venom can she compete? Her last was Diana - Grade I 9f on the turf against My Typoon.
Her Sumwonlovesyou racing tree connection - Beaten by Humble Janet back in June
Still the pick to win it on recent class alone?

#2) 12-1 Pro Pink - High level ALW horse. She has some tries against some good horses (Lady Joanne & Magical Ride) with awful results. Jamie Sanders doesn't freighten me in this spot.

#3) 3-1 Tiger On The Loose - very consistant horse that has only finished off the board once when trying Grade 3 company. Adding blinkers while coming off a little layoff of 37 days. Frankel has very good numbers in this situation.

#4) 5/2 Meredith Bee - Bill Mott is having one heck of a meet. All of her starts have been at 6f. I don't see anything exceptional in this horse except the work out on August 12. 2nd race after a layoff with a little trouble in her last. Should take a lot of money. (but not as much stable money as Dee Tee

#5) 6-1 Awsugahnow - She was in a race against Panty Raid at Keeneland and didn't close a bit on the poly that played to closers. She was beat by Awesome Ashly who was beat by Girls Pearls who Sumwonlovesyou was only beat a little over a length by. Not using this one.

#6) 8-1 She's Achance - Don't think a Pimlico horse that likes to go wire to wire will do anything other than cook everyone on the front end. Unless the track has changed drastically I believe this horse will be packing it in by the turn.

#7) 6-1 Sumwonlovesyou - The most popular horse at Saratoga. The measuring stick. Only beat by the best. (except maybe Green Door )
I really don't know. She was being pointed to a 7f race and now we are trying our luck going 6f. She might like the fact she only has to go around 1 turn but hate the pace. It is better to be outside than inside.

#8) 5-1 Sequoia Queen - I think a lot depends on how she handles the pressure from Sequoia Queen. There is no telling what this horse will do on it's second life time start. I hope that Sumwon will be able to hand the Assmussen filly a crushing defeat. .

All in all I hope the rumor that Bobby Frankel's Tiger On The Loose will be scratched are true. Sumwon shouldn't get the lead, That should go to She's Achance, who Sumwon can press while being pressed by Sequoia Queen but there is no telling. She may want it more than everyone else. Hopefully not.
I think she should do well. oh and look out for Borel coming late on #5 to complete the trifecta.

The bet with #3 being scratched.

$20 Trifecta 7-1-5

I really wish I could be there but the demands of my job and other things force me to stay home and root her to the wire from the OTB.

ps

I'm having a bad year. Don't pay any attention to what I have said. Do not bet what I am betting!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Saratoga

the 1 really does not have recent class as she has been used as a rabbit in her last two. Agree with you that Sumwon is better off drawing outside. The key to this race IMO is whether she can settle for 2-4 position on the outside instead of insisting on being on the lead, if she does rate, she can beat these. Agree that the Frankel horse looks tough based on the TG sheets, would not mind of that one scratches. I expect the 1 to challenge the 6 for the lead, she needs to rate off them.