Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Trevor is so far and away the best in the game. It is a shame he does not get to call the Breeders Cup races just because he is a foreigner....

And away they go.....

If you bet on .... go to the window and cash....

Her ears are pricked and she is running away from the field....

Durkin is just okay.....

PSH
Trevor is easily the best technical caller in the game....I agree...He simply sees the race better than any other...he calls moves before they happen and is about the only race caller that a serious horse player can and will listen to....
Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
He is, so it seems, the "They Are Off And Racing" (taoaracing) announcer from Sam Houston or Evangeline or Delta. Mike something I think.

He's been trashing Durkin and other announcers on horse racing sites.

Looking for a better job or just for the hell of it. Maybe he'll humor himself and tell us.

Refers to Tom Hammond as Liberace's twin. Down on Charlsie Cantey. How can you really diss Charlsie?

Can't spell worth a sh!t.

But, as many do, he likes to hate on others in the industry.

Nobody is better at horse racing coverage than Hank Goldberg. Do not try to f*** with the Hammer's gig.
Announcers are an odd breed...I'm friends with a few of the good ones, but the good ones are class....I have noticed that the bad ones with second-rate gigs are the ones that love to bash other announcers....I've heard it a lot first-hand from these types...
Old 07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
She was MUCH the best in last years Oaks, horse received a Laviolette/Doocy type ride in that race last year.....Today, the horse basically said "Forget you, i am going to do it myself"....Victor was just a passenger today, didn't have to do much
Last year the Oaks was won in very convincing fashion by another Japanese bred horse named Cesario. DITM ran second I believe in the previous year.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Last year the Oaks was won in very convincing fashion by another Japanese bred horse named Cesario. DITM ran second I believe in the previous year.
You are correct....Damn, I wish ceario wouldn't ahve retired....Her Am. Oaks win last year as breath taking to me, and what a big, good-looking black mare...Wow..she looked like a freakin' colt...I really liked that filly, and NO, not just cause I made $ on her...she was a superstar...
Old 07-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
You are correct....Damn, I wish ceario wouldn't ahve retired....Her Am. Oaks win last year as breath taking to me, and what a big, good-looking black mare...Wow..she looked like a freakin' colt...I really liked that filly, and NO, not just cause I made $ on her...she was a superstar...
It was one of the most dominating wins I can remember. She absolutely crushed that field.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Dee Tee Stables

hell of a race by cesario last year in the oaks...i think she suffered an injury and it just wouldn't completely heal. shame when the good ones have to quit.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
hell of a race by cesario last year in the oaks...i think she suffered an injury and it just wouldn't completely heal. shame when the good ones have to quit.
She was so big and yet so fast that you could tell it would be hard to keep her sound....she wore front wraps when she won last year....can't wait to see if her babies are as big as her!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

when they announced her retirement they said no breeding plans...wonder who they send her to.....SS sure stamped his progeny, and theirs as well! too look at cesario, you'd think she was one of his, but she's a granddaughter. ligament injury, they said she'd be off at least a year so they retired her.

just saw in the newest bloodhorse that Sunday Silence is #1 on the international sires list. he was to japan what northern dancer was to the u.s. and europe. amazing the impact that horse has had.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:15 AM
taoaracing

First and foremost : I am not Mike Chamberlain , He is tho a great announcer whom gets no respect. Also I am not from evangeline or delta. I am an announcer you hear everyday . Does it really matter who I am . I made an opinion. I do not bash announcers unless I think they are horrible and if you had any clue about how hard this job is or what it takes to do it than you would understand. In any event I am who I am

They Are Off And Racccciiinggggggggggggg

Down with battaglia the horror this man brings to my occupation
Old 07-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoaracing
First and foremost : I am not Mike Chamberlain , He is tho a great announcer whom gets no respect. Also I am not from evangeline or delta. I am an announcer you hear everyday . Does it really matter who I am . I made an opinion. I do not bash announcers unless I think they are horrible and if you had any clue about how hard this job is or what it takes to do it than you would understand. In any event I am who I am

They Are Off And Racccciiinggggggggggggg

Down with battaglia the horror this man brings to my occupation
It matters who you are when you come on claiming to be an announcer and then calling out and trashing numerous people by name. Why hide in the closet? Have some stones and come out and tell us who you are. I highly doubt that you are someone heard every day and if you are you sound like you're very bitter and don't have much in the way of class.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:55 AM
taoaracing

Wow : Im sorry that I have to be called out to have credibilty on this board. I thought this was a message board not a who is who of horse racing? If you must know whom I am well. I dont see why it matters and actually Im just joking . I would never say whom I am because that would actually hurt my career. In any event You listen to me every day well 5 days a week . I seriously would not put down any other announcer's except durkin whom in my opinion oh and battaglia have worn out there welcome in the sport. (NBODY SAID I WAS A T_BRED ANNOUNCER ) Hint and clue #1.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Wow : Im sorry that I have to be called out to have credibilty on this board. I thought this was a message board not a who is who of horse racing? If you must know whom I am well. I dont see why it matters and actually Im just joking . I would never say whom I am because that would actually hurt my career. In any event You listen to me every day well 5 days a week . I seriously would not put down any other announcer's except durkin whom in my opinion oh and battaglia have worn out there welcome in the sport. (NBODY SAID I WAS A T_BRED ANNOUNCER ) Hint and clue #1.
If you call harness I definetely never listen to you, much less five days a week. Your post does not make sense, and you cannot spell. I don't see how you could be paid to speak.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:13 AM
taoaracing

Possibly I announce JAI LAI Opps.

I kid I kid look jim I announce races. Im not trying to get in a pissin match with you as to whom I am . Alls I know is I like this board and respect you and every one elses opinion's .

I am A Harness announcer so leave that as it is.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Dee Tee Stables

to be honest, i don't even remember durkins call. i never really pay a lot of attention to any of the race callers when i watch on t.v. pretty much paying attention to the race itself.
tom durkin is ok--about the only time i really waited impatiently for him to say something was during this years preakness, i thought he did a good job with calling while still mentioning barbaro--since that was the only reason i kept the race on. he managed to continue to concentrate on the race, and kkeep us informed about the favorite.
of course it's much easier to bash someone when they do something you don't like, than it is to praise when they have to do something completely unplanned, and do it well.

as for going over the top, maybe he's just trying to generate some excitement for those who tuned in--look how EXCITING racing is, don't you want to come back and watch again??
Old 07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
If you call harness I definetely never listen to you, much less five days a week. Your post does not make sense, and you cannot spell. I don't see how you could be paid to speak.
Might be a wild greyhound race caller..."and here comes the 5, followed by the 1, 8, and 4" classy.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Trevor is easily the best technical caller in the game....I agree...He simply sees the race better than any other...he calls moves before they happen and is about the only race caller that a serious horse player can and will listen to....
This is so correct its not even worth reflecting on. As opposed to someone like Battaglia who calls a move 15 seconds after it has passed.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

now mike battaglia is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. every time i hear one of his races i wonder how he got the job....must have a pic of someone with a goat.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
I've got it !!!!

You're Jan Rushton !!!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Jerome Park

Jan wouldn't be knocking Tom.

With all the turf sprints being run in NY these days I wish someone would tell Tom that 21 4/5 is not only not " blazing ", it's not even fast. Can anyone say " runup ".
Old 07-02-2006, 11:19 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Jan wouldn't be knocking Tom.

With all the turf sprints being run in NY these days I wish someone would tell Tom that 21 4/5 is not only not " blazing ", it's not even fast. Can anyone say " runup ".

How about monmouth these days with that new course? What the runup 100 yards? No way can those fractional times be correct.