Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Golden Gate

For Plaxico 1 year on Rikers would be a just sentence.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
So saying "most" makes your racist views better? You sound like the United States government when they say that most countries shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons because they wouldn't be responsible enough to know not to use them. There are a lot of people with temper problems. They come in all races and nationalities. Not just "Brothas, Turks, Serbs, and Russians." And definitely not "most" of even those nationalities.
Yea, and it's just a coincidence that brothas keep dominating in sprint races. Just a coincidence that it's mainly white people that like to sit n' watch cars make left turns for 3 hours around the same oval. At least I am not a proponent of dog fighting.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-21-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
You should have been his lawyer then. I thought the sentence was right on. Many feel it should have been 3 or 3 1/2. No, the NFL will not miss him.

i don't know what the typical sentence is for what he did, and where he did it...but when you compare it to the other poster children for what's wrong with the nfl, it seems excessive to me.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Yea, and it's just a coincidence that brothas keep dominating in sprint races. Just a coincidence that it's mainly white people that like to sit n' watch cars make left turns for 3 hours around the same oval. At least I am not a proponent of dog fighting.
Who is a proponent of it?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
i don't know what the typical sentence is for what he did, and where he did it...but when you compare it to the other poster children for what's wrong with the nfl, it seems excessive to me.
Different crimes. Have nothing to do with each other. The thing that was so bad about Michael Vick's crime was the intent was so prevalent. He knew what he was doing to hundreds of beautiful animals and he actually was more than just okay with it. He got delight in torturing and hearing the sounds of living creatures suffer while dying. He watched death, over and over and over. It may not have been humans but wasnt it close enough?

Stallworth got behind the wheel drunk and high and ran someone over who was illegally crossing a street. Bad. Terrible. But was he out to harm or kill anybody? Was their malicious intent? Did he take delight in it? I dont think so. What he did was terrible. But havent most of us at one time or another put ourselves in his position? Not condoning it or saying he didnt ruin many people's who were close to the victim's life, but he made a grave mistake. I do think he should have been punished more, but lets not compare the levels of intent.

Plax is just a dumb, thug who like so many other dime a dozen NFL'ers crave attention and want to feel empowered. So they play cowboys and indians but their brains arent in check with where they need to be to be packing heat. These guys arent trained to fire guns. To me going out in public packing heat in a place where there are lots of people around, is very dangerous not to mention stupid.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Who is a proponent of it?
You said you've "been many times." What? Did you have a girlfriend that liked it, and you just went to keep her company? Somebody force you to go? You went multiple times to watch something you don't like? You were there on business? It was held after church, and you stayed around to be polite?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 AM
The Curragh

The NY Daily News has a pictorial essay up about athletes who have had trouble with the law. It's entitled the "All Jumpsuit Team":

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ga..._team.html#ph0
Old 08-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
You said you've "been many times." What? Did you have a girlfriend that liked it, and you just went to keep her company? Somebody force you to go? You went multiple times to watch something you don't like? You were there on business? It was held after church, and you stayed around to be polite?
Where I grew up, it was a normal activity. As a kid, you sometimes do what everyone else is doing. Friday or Saturday would come and that was just the thing to do. Since I thought it was normal, why would I have thought it was wrong? I have also said that as an adult, I see it different now and it's not something I'd ever go to or be involved with in any way. What I've said is that it just doesn't enrage me the same way it does some of you, partly because I don't care about dogs and partly because where I grew up, it was something we got used to. That is not to say that nobody else should feel the way that they feel though. Everyone's feelings are legitimately their own and I don't question your anger but the second someone says they aren't as angry, then our integrity and humanity and compassion gets called into question and people like you say we are ok with it because we are just like him, one step away from being murderers. The fact is that he was wrong and should pay the price for his mistakes. There have been three major cases in the NFL recently where players have gotten jail time (Vick, Stallworth, and now Burress). I've disagreed with what the sentencing has been in all three. Doesn't mean I condone anything. I don't condone dog fighting or the illegal gambling that was going on with it. I don't condone taking unlicensed guns into clubs and shooting yourself. I don't condone getting drunk and going out and running someone over. But I don't agree that the two people that didn't kill a human or even hurt another one should spend 2-3 years in prison and the one that did gets one month.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 09-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Flemington

This Oregon football player (LeGarrette Blount) that went nuts after being provoked (by the Boise State player) is a prime example of someone that should never, ever, ever be able to legally have anything to do with a gun. How are you gunna protect the rest of society from someone like this losing his mind n' blowing someone away? Some people do not have control of their tempers, and they never will. Yea, he can get a gun illegally, but he should be put in prison if he's caught with it.