Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Santa Anita

Default Zenyatta's first turnout at Lanes End (video)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...uns-with-video

Zenyatta's pretty striking anyway, but against the whiteness of the snow at Lane's End, she's even more so. She's still covered in dapples. You end up in a bit of a trance watching her while listening to that music, I have to say. That is until she vocalizes a bit. I'm glad she's feeling good.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...uns-with-video

Zenyatta's pretty striking anyway, but against the whiteness of the snow at Lane's End, she's even more so. She's still covered in dapples. You end up in a bit of a trance watching her while listening to that music, I have to say. That is until she vocalizes a bit. I'm glad she's feeling good.
Wait till the Curlin Rachel video is released in Feb '11.. I hear Curlin makes Tommy Lee look like Tiny Lee and Rachel's hotter then Pam at 24..
Old 12-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Jerome Park

Great to see her so happy... I am sure they were all holding their breathes, hoping she wouldn't slip. I know I was cold just watching the video...brrrr
Old 12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Washington Park

Zenyatta appears to be very happy and enjoying her paddock. I'm very happy for her. She seems to have settled in nicely.

I've been thinking a lot about her over the past few days. I don't know why exactly. I guess pondering over this HOY thing.

I'm thankful to Zenyatta for bringing so much positive attention to horse racing in 2010. All of us know we need all the positive vibes toward the sport that we can get. She gave us more positive publicity than any human or groups of humans could have conjured up.

I don’t know if it’s mentioned in another thread but here’s the link to Steve Haskin’s 12/20 column, In Response To “I Lied”. It’s a long read but it’s great. It really ties it all together.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2010/12/20/hangin-with-haskin-a-response-to-i-lied.aspx

Merry Christmas to Zenyatta, Blame, Rachel and all horses every where. Rest in Peace to all the wonderful horses we lost in 2010. We miss all of you. My special favorites were Skippy, Tuscan Evening, and Tiz Chrome.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Arlington Park

I wonder what went through her mind when she 1st saw her long time groom again after being inseparable for almost 4 years, and then being led around by him in the pasture for perhaps the last time? Must have been an extremely emotional moment for him to have to leave her.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Flemington

It is really awesome that the Mosses and Lanes End are sharing this with everyone.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
It is really awesome that the Mosses and Lanes End are sharing this with everyone.
As soon as HOY is determined all the awesomeness that are the Mosses and Lanes End will go BY BYE.. I am surprised you dont recognize this for what it is CAMPAIGNING..
Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Randwyck

Light bulb goes on - BORN FREE!

Great to see her obviously enjoying herself. Nice that they had people stationed at the fence corners so she didn't hurt herself - she has some learning to do to before she fully gets used to her new found freedom. She'll always be treated like a DIVA - even in retirement.

Stupid music.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow
Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
I wonder what went through her mind when she 1st saw her long time groom again after being inseparable for almost 4 years, and then being led around by him in the pasture for perhaps the last time? Must have been an extremely emotional moment for him to have to leave her.
She obviously recognized him, that was great he got to visit with her. I'm sure he'll see her again many times :-)
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
The Curragh

Cool video and a big part of why I love this sport, the connection between horse and human
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Churchill Downs

Reminds me of the first time I heard the Beatles.