Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man View Post
That much is correct.

Fact:

Reigning Horse of the Year has chance to show up for last year's BC.
Reigning Horse of the Year has chance to show up for the AB.
Reigning Horse of the Year's connection **** their pants in both cases and DUCKED Zenyatta. They've since STFU.

The DRF/BEYERites haven't and they continue the childish spin. You can't change the facts.
You're right. You can't change the fact that Rachel Alexandra is the reigning Horse of the Year.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Churchill Downs

There is no reason for them to announce that they are running in the Vanity this far out. They could have at least waited to see what happens at Churchill this weekend before squelching any Foster talk.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
Left unresolved is the effect the Rockies will have on Zardana.

<< Shireffs said Zenyatta may not be sent to a race in the East for several months, preferring to campaign her in California for her next start.

"For us to ship, it's so much different," Shirreffs said. "We have to ship across the Rockies. It's so much different out here than going up and down the East Coast.

"Why put her on the plane to run in another handicap?" Shirreffs said.>>

http://www.drf.com/news/article/112480.html
"
She has gone over the Rockies twice now,so there is no "Effect" on her that is unresolved.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Ellis Park

Shirreffs called TVG and said nothing is written in stone as yet for the Vanity.

That is a fact .

The press is always accurate about everything--that is not a fact.

Rachel was HOY in 2009--that is a fact .

She is not HOY now--no one is--also a fact .

Zenyatta will run in June--that is most likely a fact .

As Rachel will run Friday--also most likely a fact .

Last year is over--should be a fact ...
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank View Post
"
She has gone over the Rockies twice now,so there is no "Effect" on her that is unresolved.
Perhaps you are underestimating the obstacle presented by the Rockies. We will better understand their effect when Zardana, like her more accomplished stablemate, crosses them for a third time.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Who killed JFK?
Zardana
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Randwyck

This pretty much sums up my opinion -

Pretty much sums up my opinion on the issue.

http://www.wkyt.com/blogs/trackside/92083084.html

Sorry to see in today's Daily Racing Form that Zenyatta will run in the Vanity Handicap at Hollywood Park in her next start rather than come to Churchill Downs and challenge the boys in the Stephen Foster.

Both Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta were deserving candidates for Horse of the Year in 2009, but to me, the scales tipped in Rachel's favor because she took the path of least resistance less often, shipping around the country, racing against males three times and the last being against older males. To put it in basketball terms, Rachel scored her biggest wins on the road while Zenyatta's came at home.

If the owners of Zenyatta--who are to be saluted for keeping her in training by the way--want her to get her full due, then they need to take their chances on a few more tough road games this year.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
Perhaps you are underestimating the obstacle presented by the Rockies. We will better understand their effect when Zardana, like her more accomplished stablemate, crosses them for a third time.
You'll probably be waiting a long time,Fool.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
There's really no mystery here, they're not going to run outside of CA until the BC. They value the 17 for 17 mark, know that they can't possibly be beaten in CA and could potentially show up at CD 19 for 19.

After the HOL meet they'll talk about how they're CA people and they have to run at Dmr. They'll run in that joke of a race that she almost lost, skip the Pacific Classic, run in the race named for her, which will be another 3 hr. SA fellatio, then decide to show up at CD. All the while her adoring fans will be discussing how if she wins the BC Classic she'll be the best horse ever and there'll be endless arguments on this and every other message board about whether the Moss' did this to campaign their magnificent mare once again or to feed their own egos or both.

NT
Best Line ever.

Damar Hamlin