Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
I don't believe Zenyatta had even made her debut at the time RA was beating males at 9f and longer (I'm talking within their respective 3yo years).

Not that you are right in the slightest anyways, but maybe you should consider that RA may very well likely improve with age, and possibly distance as well.

Horses don't always improve with age ..

And yes I am aware what Rachel did this year, unlike you of Zenyatta ...

I expect you may need a visit to a proctologist soon, but that is beyond the scope of this discussion ...
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth
Yes you did. My apologies. With that kind of performance, perhaps Zenyatta would not fear any other prior Breeders Cup winner at 10 furlongs.

I think that was a waffle ...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudery
Horses don't always improve with age ..
Right. RA was a much better 2yo than 3yo.

Quote:
And yes I am aware what Rachel did this year, unlike you of Zenyatta ...
What did Z do that I'm missing? Beat Gio Ponti on Pro-ride? Let's see. Gio Ponti has three lifetime starts on synthetic, all over the SA version of that crap.

His first start was in an off the turf start where he beat the legendary Medjool, who has subsequently managed to finish third four times out of thirteen starts since then. In third was El Gato Malo.

His next start was in the Strub, where he finished fifth by 1.5 lengths to Cowboy Cal.

Then the second by 1 length to Z.

Tell me why again this is supposed to wow me?

Quote:
I expect you may need a visit to a proctologist soon, but that is beyond the scope of this discussion ...
I will defer to your vastly greater experiences in this arena and schedule an appointment for as soon as possible.

What should I look for in searching out a good proctologist?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Right. RA was a much better 2yo than 3yo.

What did Z do that I'm missing? Beat Gio Ponti on Pro-ride? Let's see. Gio Ponti has three lifetime starts on synthetic, all over the SA version of that crap.

His first start was in an off the turf start where he beat the legendary Medjool, who has subsequently managed to finish third four times out of thirteen starts since then. In third was El Gato Malo.

His next start was in the Strub, where he finished fifth by 1.5 lengths to Cowboy Cal.

Then the second by 1 length to Z.

Tell me why again this is supposed to wow me?

I will defer to your vastly greater experiences in this arena and schedule an appointment for as soon as possible.

What should I look for in searching out a good proctologist?

I am not here to wow you ... You would not get it anyway ...

Any proctologist will do ...

Rachel had bone chips removed at two . She improved after that ...

There was a reason ...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
I am not here to wow you ... You would not get it anyway ...

Any proctologist will do ...

Rachel had bone chips removed at two . She improved after that ...

There was a reason ...
I would not get it.... because....

there is freakin nothin to get........

I'll get right on the proctologist.... thing.... Should I mention I'm very regular....?

There was ... a... reason...? For what? You doing a James Kirk impersonation when you type?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
I would not get it.... because....

there is freakin nothin to get........

I'll get right on the proctologist.... thing.... Should I mention I'm very regular....?

There was ... a... reason...? For what? You doing a James Kirk impersonation when you type?

Recto cranial inversion is a tough thing ... You may be regular, but RCI is the problem ...

Of course you would think there is nothing to get ...

Get well soon ...

Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Fairgrounds

Article in DRF
http://www.drf.com/news/article/109970.html
Old 01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank
Shirreffs does not mention in the article why he (or the Mosses) worked the "retired" horse a third time.

Does not seem like Zenyatta is losing her "edge" after this third work if she is breathing fire today at the barn.

Wonder if the Mosses are waiting for the Eclipse awards on January 18 to make a big splash announcement with the whole racing world watching. Two years ago, Jess Jackson announced at the Eclipse awards that Curlin would race as a four-year old.

Definitely makes the Eclipse awards a week from Monday must-see TV.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
Shirreffs does not mention in the article why he (or the Mosses) worked the "retired" horse a third time.

Does not seem like Zenyatta is losing her "edge" after this third work if she is breathing fire today at the barn.

Wonder if the Mosses are waiting for the Eclipse awards on January 18 to make a big splash announcement with the whole racing world watching. Two years ago, Jess Jackson announced at the Eclipse awards that Curlin would race as a four-year old.

Definitely makes the Eclipse awards a week from Monday must-see TV.
It would be stupid to race her, horses don't get better at 6, at least not 99% of them, and you she has no where to go but down.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
It would be stupid to race her, horses don't get better at 6, at least not 99% of them, and you she has no where to go but down.
If she runs one or two times more in March/April, she would only be 4 or 5 months older than when she won the BC Classic.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
If she runs one or two times more in March/April, she would only be 4 or 5 months older than when she won the BC Classic.
Yeah, but, on Jan 01, they all age a year.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Washington Park

There is always the possibility of her being unable to conceive and those results won't be made public until the Eclipse Awards.
(Juicy plot noise follows)

I will say a 48 second 1/2 mile is too fast at this point for an April race.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Yeah, but, on Jan 01, they all age a year.

Her actual birthdate is April 1st, 2004.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
She doesn't need to improve. If she just runs the way she's been running, I think she'll be fine.

I understand your argument that she has nowhere to go but down but I don't necessarily agree. As of right now, alot of people still doubt her. They think that she's not as good as RA and they mininmize her wins because the wins (with the exception of one) were on synthetic.

If she were to beat RA on the dirt, I think that Z may finally get the respect she deserves.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that they should run the horse again. I'm just saying that there could be some upside to running her again. If she won a big race or two on the dirt (and beat RA), it would finally shut up all the doubters for good and she would get the respect she deserves.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman
60,000 has been no problem on past Arkansas Derby days.
60,000 60,000? I've seen a day of over 70,000 on Arkansas Derby Day. Make the Apple Blossom, The Arkansas Derby and the Oaklawn Handi. all of the same day and make lot's of Pick 3's and 4's with them races.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker7964
60,000 60,000? I've seen a day of over 70,000 on Arkansas Derby Day. Make the Apple Blossom, The Arkansas Derby and the Oaklawn Handi. all of the same day and make lot's of Pick 3's and 4's with them races.

they got their 3 yo colt gr 1, now they need to put some effort into the filly race and maybe the oaklawn handicap, formerly a gr 1. with dubai going to syn, oaklawn becomes a viable alternative.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Goodwood

From the Santa Anita stable notes, quoting the wife of Sherrifs:

“It’s very cold in Kentucky, two degrees,” Ingordo said when asked when Zenyatta might ship there for breeding. “We sent one horse there and it got sick.”
Old 01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

they said weeks ago that they might keep her in cali til breeding time, that they didn't want to put her in the cold before necessary. just because the clockers timed her the other day, doesn't mean it was an actual work for a race. hell, get jesse ventura on the case, he'll uncover the truth.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
they said weeks ago that they might keep her in cali til breeding time, that they didn't want to put her in the cold before necessary. just because the clockers timed her the other day, doesn't mean it was an actual work for a race. hell, get jesse ventura on the case, he'll uncover the truth.
noooo it's going to be like the movie Seabiscuit. They are just keeping her return under wraps for dramatic effect
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
noooo it's going to be like the movie Seabiscuit. They are just keeping her return under wraps for dramatic effect
It's definitely looking like her connections have their lips sealed until at least the Eclipse awards. Once again Moss was not very convincing in the winner's circle after Neko Bay won when he said that Zenyatta was only hanging around for the nice California weather.

Moss will get at least one chance to speak when Zenyatta receives the Eclipse for champion older female.