Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-31-2006, 01:29 PM
oracle80

Default Anybody wanna breed to Good and Tough?

I have a breeding to him that looks like its gonna go unused. Had a deal with someone to foal share on a mare but it went awry. Late in the breeding season, but if anybody wants to go to him real cheap they should send me an email or personal message on here. He stands in NY for 5 grand, I'm selling MUCH!!! cheaper. Watch Pletcher's 1ster in the 3rd tomorrow, hes a Good and Tough. Anybody interested get in touch with me.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Hoisttheflag

Are you from South Africa?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I have a breeding to him that looks like its gonna go unused. Had a deal with someone to foal share on a mare but it went awry. Late in the breeding season, but if anybody wants to go to him real cheap they should send me an email or personal message on here. He stands in NY for 5 grand, I'm selling MUCH!!! cheaper. Watch Pletcher's 1ster in the 3rd tomorrow, hes a Good and Tough. Anybody interested get in touch with me.
I dunno, Mike. I tend to stick with humans.

Kidding...

He's a big guy (or appears so.) Nice looking stud.

goodandtough.jpg
Old 05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Oracle 80

Oracle 80:

I have a 2YO filly by Good and Tough ready to be shipped to the track in 2 weeks. I can verify that she is a beauty and is still growing and will be around 16 hands when she stops. Very talented and carries the speed of her sire Good and Tough who by the way is one of the best bargains around at $5k. Also, the sire stats for Good and Tough are top notch and his offspring wins early...

Let me ask my farm manager if she has any interest. She has a lot of mares and might be interested.

Thanks for the note,

PSH
Old 05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Oracle 80:

I have a 2YO filly by Good and Tough ready to be shipped to the track in 2 weeks. I can verify that she is a beauty and is still growing and will be around 16 hands when she stops. Very talented and carries the speed of her sire Good and Tough who by the way is one of the best bargains around at $5k. Also, the sire stats for Good and Tough are top notch and his offspring wins early...

Let me ask my farm manager if she has any interest. She has a lot of mares and might be interested.

Thanks for the note,

PSH
Good luck with her. Is she heading to Oklahoma or Belmont?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Oracle 80:

Thanks for the note,

PSH
hes sired some nice horses and I have seen a few by him lately that look ok.
You are welcome.
Just seems like a shame for someone not to use it. When I say cheap, I mean CHEAP!! LOL!!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Hoisttheflag

By the way, Hoist the Flag was absolutely my favorite sire when i was introduced to Horse Racing in the mid 70s....

The filly is headed somewhere in between Belmont and Oklahoma. Actually, we are sending her to Jonathan Buckley at The Finger Lakes. She is a NY Bred and this is the first horse that we have purchased. We have decided to send her to The FInger Lakes where the training day rates are about one-half of what they are on the big NYRA circuit and where the MSW NY Bred purses are still around 20k... This is a good way for us to learn... Also, if she or our other filly a City Zip 2YO prove that they belong on the big circuit we can make a change later on. We will let the horse tell us but will begin at the minor leagues.

PSH
Old 05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Les Bois

I would love to but in a bad spot right now. hopefully in a month or two my barn renovations will be done maybe then. i plan on starting my own (very small) breeding operation. hopefully keep a couple and try to put them out on the track. any other good bargains you know of at stud?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:47 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
By the way, Hoist the Flag was absolutely my favorite sire when i was introduced to Horse Racing in the mid 70s....

The filly is headed somewhere in between Belmont and Oklahoma. Actually, we are sending her to Jonathan Buckley at The Finger Lakes. She is a NY Bred and this is the first horse that we have purchased. We have decided to send her to The FInger Lakes where the training day rates are about one-half of what they are on the big NYRA circuit and where the MSW NY Bred purses are still around 20k... This is a good way for us to learn... Also, if she or our other filly a City Zip 2YO prove that they belong on the big circuit we can make a change later on. We will let the horse tell us but will begin at the minor leagues.

PSH
Buckley is very good and yes indeed, the purses have gone great there especially for NY breds. Every year it seems Buckley gets a nice 2YO up there who does indeed make the switch to the big circuit. Hope its yours this year.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndbtwtrks
I would love to but in a bad spot right now. hopefully in a month or two my barn renovations will be done maybe then. i plan on starting my own (very small) breeding operation. hopefully keep a couple and try to put them out on the track. any other good bargains you know of at stud?
prime timber ROCKS!!!! what a steal at his fee
Old 05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Oracle 80 and it is good to hear from you that you know of Buckley and i guess think he is okay....
Old 05-31-2006, 01:50 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Thanks for the kind words Oracle 80 and it is good to hear from you that you know of Buckley and i guess think he is okay....
hes definitely ok!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I remember that horse... didn't he race in Florida?
Old 05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Les Bois

prime timber huh, where is he located and whats the fee. i try to stay close to home (ky) keeps everything a little cheaper. whats the avg buy back on prime timber.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:06 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndbtwtrks
prime timber huh, where is he located and whats the fee. i try to stay close to home (ky) keeps everything a little cheaper. whats the avg buy back on prime timber.
Oh, I thought you were in NY.
He stands here in Stillwater(right next to Saratoga) for Sez Who(simon).
He was a horse of baffert's, then inda's who was at one time the fave for the Derby, he ran 4th or 5th in that race. Had chronic feet problems and was all but forgotten about. His babies ran in NY this past year and holy **** if they all didnt just win win win and they continue to!!!!!!
makes no sense to ship up from KY to him I dont think, the van ride would cost as much as the stud fee. But anyone who has mares in NY who didnt go to him at his fee this past year is insane.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
His horses are LETHAL first out on the turf. LETHAL....they seem to improve 5 lengths when they hit the weeds
Old 05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Les Bois

thnks for the info like i said im just trying to start a litlle breeding operation i appreciate all the incite you give out oracle as well as the other members on the board. im young and still trying to learn everything i can.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Hoisttheflag

Quote:
Oh, I thought you were in NY.
He stands here in Stillwater(right next to Saratoga) for Sez Who(simon).
He was a horse of baffert's, then inda's who was at one time the fave for the Derby, he ran 4th or 5th in that race. Had chronic feet problems and was all but forgotten about. His babies ran in NY this past year and holy **** if they all didnt just win win win and they continue to!!!!!!
makes no sense to ship up from KY to him I dont think, the van ride would cost as much as the stud fee. But anyone who has mares in NY who didnt go to him at his fee this past year is insane.
Do they keep any stallions in Ocala any longer?
Old 05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
His horses are LETHAL first out on the turf. LETHAL....they seem to improve 5 lengths when they hit the weeds
They run on EVERYTHING!! The best he had so far was Cinderella's Way, who sadly passed away. She was only two last year but brok her maiden by 15 and won a NY bred stake in impressive fashion. She then was 2nd in the Demoiselle Stakes in a good effort. She died after that but she was a rocketship who was the goods.
His progeny have no weaknesses that i can detect. The scary thing is that he was bred to NOTHING mares at the start of his stud career and its those foals out of NOTHINGS who are running so well. Just wait a few years!! I'm sure his mares were MUCH better this year.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisttheflag
Do they keep any stallions in Ocala any longer?
Yes they do, They have two divisions.
I went to see Prime Timber last October with a friend. Man hes big and gorgeous.