Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Oaklawn

Default High step into end zone = Unsportsmanlike?

Gimme a break!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Oaklawn

Yeah that was ridiculous. These kids cannot have any fun at all.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Flemington

Got to get them ready for the
No
Fun
League.

Zebra's have to realize it's a God Damn game and let these kids have some fun. Same thing goes for the pros!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think it should be something incredibly blatant to draw a flag. these are grown ups, not a bunch of little leaguers. of course you'd be excited if you had a big play, or scored. bunch of candy asses....
it's ridiculous.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Arlington Park

what happen to the days of running the ball into the end zone, laying the ball down, dropping the ball or even handing it to the offical? high fiving your team-mates and heading to the sideline.
just like a sack or big hit, get up and dance or strut around. you did you job on that play get up and do it agan!
it gets tougher each year for me to watch this crap.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i don't mind a bit of endzone celebrating. a BIT.
what gets on mine nerves are the celebrations after every supposed big play by defensivemen who have no business trying to dance or strut around, pounding on their chests. i wish they wouldn't have the cameraman follow them, they look silly!

but yeah, act like you've been there. by the same token, don't call unsportsmanlike for menial stuff. they're supposed to be happy they score. on the other hand, don't act like it was some kind of miraculous happening that requires 30 seconds of gyrations to appease some touchdown god.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Flemington

The celebration that drives me crazy is when a team is getting killed and you have the audacity to dance after a touchdown or talk smack and jumparound after a big defensive play. Shut-up, stop dancing and get you ass back to the huddle, you are still losing by 20! That's when you should throw the flag!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
The celebration that drives me crazy is when a team is getting killed and you have the audacity to dance after a touchdown or talk smack and jumparound after a big defensive play. Shut-up, stop dancing and get you ass back to the huddle, you are still losing by 20! That's when you should throw the flag!
A point to the scoreboard by the opposing team is normally a good solution to this problem.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
what happen to the days of running the ball into the end zone, laying the ball down, dropping the ball or even handing it to the offical? high fiving your team-mates and heading to the sideline.
You mean, what ever happened to Barry Sanders? I miss him and his non-celebrations.

I would much rather see flags thrown on defenders that make a scene after a meaningless tackle than guys that are celebrating a touchdown.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
You mean, what ever happened to Barry Sanders? I miss him and his non-celebrations.

I would much rather see flags thrown on defenders that make a scene after a meaningless tackle than guys that are celebrating a touchdown.
Some Dolphin Cornerback got a pretty good hit on a receiver after a 15 yard reception on 3rd and 10. He went into some routine that looked straight out of Dance Fever.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Oaklawn

George Teague should be allowed to be on the field at all times to "enforce" excessive celebrations, like his classic owning of Owens back in the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHwfdEOVS5U
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Some Dolphin Cornerback got a pretty good hit on a receiver after a 15 yard reception on 3rd and 10. He went into some routine that looked straight out of Dance Fever.
LOL Bruce. Nothing like mixing in a little Deney Terrio into your sports talk (which I am sure will sail over Scav's head, kid's too young).
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Celebrating is part of the game, it is a game very much played on emotion. What I can't stand though is all these "look at me" celebrations and I agree with those being flagged. Jump around and high five your teammates who just helped you get to the end zone or make the big sack and get pumped up. But please lay off these 'drawing attention to yourself as if you just singlehandedly made the play and your teammates are a bunch of dogs' celebrations. And no celebrating when you are down by two scores either, those ones really show how much the player cares about himself related to how much he cares about his team.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc

AGREED!! not every play is 4th & 1 goal-line stand. part of the problem tv shows that crap.