Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Flemington

Default Don't get this guy

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...xx_sce_mlb_xxx

Let me tell ya something. When you see Mota in any game it's like saying "Here, I got a 7-9 game lead. Beat us with this scab pitching, because I'm not willing to use anybody good to win this game." Surely, anyone who bets on baseball (I don't bet single games) would have to be aware that Torre is not going all out to win some of these games. THAT GAME LAST NIGHT IS A GREAT EXAMPLE. Mota is in there because we're willing to lose that game (in order to save the arms of our 3 best relievers.) The lefty that pitched before him is like our 4th best reliever. To bet this team, one would have to be fully aware of what pitching plan Torre has for that night. Everybody's got a hard-on to beat this team. So, 6 innings is usually gunna be about the most any of the starters can go without getting lit.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Woodbine

I'd be surprised if Torre knew what the pitching plan was every night.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiaco
I'd be surprised if Torre knew what the pitching plan was every night.
He goes into these games saying so n' so is off limits tonite(un-f'n-available.) Half the time, Scully mentions it during the 1st couple innings. Why you think we had Mota in there last night? No matter what, he wasn't gunna use Belasario, or Troncoso. That's our worst reliever in there in the bottom of the 8th in a tie ball game. He's sacrificing that game. I'm not blaming him. That's his strategy, but then to read that he's pushing the relievers too hard? He's not. He's sacrificing games in order to not blow out their arms. Nobody cares if that piece of sht Mota blows out his arm. Cory Wade has been a failure for us this year. James McDonald pulled a Dontrell on us from the start of spring training on. He isn't even on the team.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Flemington

Belisario n' Troncoso were awesome Saturday Night. Broxton was a lil rusty. Belisario is getting filthy now. Throwing 94-96, and awesome location. He's been good, but tonite was the best from him.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
He goes into these games saying so n' so is off limits tonite(un-f'n-available.) Half the time, Scully mentions it during the 1st couple innings. Why you think we had Mota in there last night? No matter what, he wasn't gunna use Belasario, or Troncoso. That's our worst reliever in there in the bottom of the 8th in a tie ball game. He's sacrificing that game. I'm not blaming him. That's his strategy, but then to read that he's pushing the relievers too hard? He's not. He's sacrificing games in order to not blow out their arms. Nobody cares if that piece of sht Mota blows out his arm. Cory Wade has been a failure for us this year. James McDonald pulled a Dontrell on us from the start of spring training on. He isn't even on the team.
There's a lot of managers that do this constantly.

Where's the next Goose? "Just give me the darn ball." Oh there isn't one.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Belisario n' Troncoso were awesome Saturday Night. Broxton was a lil rusty. Belisario is getting filthy now. Throwing 94-96, and awesome location. He's been good, but tonite was the best from him.
If they stay awesome Joe will bury them by the end of August.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Flemington

Article about Scott Proctor in today NY Daily News and his Tommy John surgery.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Morris Park

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/sp...21proctor.html

^ This one is more about the booze.

In re: to Belisario....
He has been great, but he reminds me of Seanez 2 or 3 years back. Playing way over his head and I can almost hear the clock ticking on his "salad days" to quote Vin.
To that end, why wouldn't Torre run him into the ground.
Troncoso has always looked promising and has moved forward big time this year.

Broxton? Wow. Who's better?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Flemington

Kuroda has his stuff back. Ball was floating around pretty nicely. When he's healthy, he is our ace. BillyJean is not reliable on any one particular day. Over the season? Yea, but in game 7, this here is the man.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Tropical Park

Pitch counts

Pitch counts were not kept in MLB until 1971. So since 1971 what is the record for pitches in a single game?

Answer:

Nolan Ryan in 1971 at 244 pitches in a 15 inning game. In that same game, Luis Tiant threw 189.

After throwing all those pitches, Ryan could ONLY pitch for 17 more years