Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
The holidays are so rough... I just want to cry!
Cajun,
I couldn't possibly make this up. If you come to the town here in upstate nY where I live, you can see it with your own two eyes.
My next door neighbors still have their Halloween decorations up, bats, pumpkins and crazy blinking orange lights that they haven't figured out how to turn off. Next to them, the other neighbors have their plastic Santa on the roof and icicle lights.
Not to be outdone, I found my inflatable Rabbit that I bought last spring at Walmart and put him on my front lawn, along with the special "egg" lights that I also purchased on sale. I'm ready.
Folks that drive by are seen shaking their heads.
Now, if i could just find those fancy shamrocks and the inflatable four-leaf clover that I know is hiding somewhere in my garage, I'd make a statement.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Cajun,
I couldn't possibly make this up. If you come to the town here in upstate nY where I live, you can see it with your own two eyes.
My next door neighbors still have their Halloween decorations up, bats, pumpkins and crazy blinking orange lights that they haven't figured out how to turn off. Next to them, the other neighbors have their plastic Santa on the roof and icicle lights.
Not to be outdone, I found my inflatable Rabbit that I bought last spring at Walmart and put him on my front lawn, along with the special "egg" lights that I also purchased on sale. I'm ready.
Folks that drive by are seen shaking their heads.
Now, if i could just find those fancy shamrocks and the inflatable four-leaf clover that I know is hiding somewhere in my garage, I'd make a statement.
WOW... LMAO! We're pretty traditional... the Halloween decorations were taken down right after Halloween, the Christmas decorations won't be put up until AFTER Thanksgiving and will come down immediately after New Years. LOL The Florida trailer trash (because that's all that's down here )has all of the decorations up all season long. Why waste time by putting anything away?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Newmarket

Default Ah yes..Holidays on the Capital OTB channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
You know the holidays are upon you in the Albany, NY area when the OTB tv station starts playing some of the most depressing Christmas music you ever heard.
We don't have commentators on voicing over the gaps in races for the most parts, and at night and morning they just show a loop that cycles constantly with the entries at all the tracks they are taking that day. They play music all day long until the races go off and you get the call and picture.
Every year about this time, the music is switched to Christmas music in a minor key. They find a way to make even the cheeriest song morbid.
Its like you are sitting there, just blew a photo or a pik-3, and the saddest rendition of "WHite Christmas" you ever heard comes on, and you wanna step into the bathtub and drop in the toaster.
I think the music library is back from the 70's when Capital OTB owned the radio station WWWD in Schenectady!
Sometimes when Greg Digorio is announcing he plays some pretty weird, but good stuff.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
I agree, overuse of permissable medications has weakened the breed.
you too are bad...and mike you must find someone to breed with..then you wont be so depressed..then again what am i saying..its for the best that you took a vow of ......so that others my live...
Old 11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
you too are bad...and mike you must find someone to breed with..then you wont be so depressed..then again what am i saying..its for the best that you took a vow of ......so that others my live...
Whos depressed?
Dude I was kidding about the toaster. Ask Steve about it, he gets that channel as well. This music is the saddest thing you ever heard.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Randwyck

oracle, how do they make christmas music sad??........... a guy from long island is here visiting my work, said its freezing balls there....... he loves the 80 degree weather here in so. cal
Old 11-21-2006, 04:37 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4
oracle, how do they make christmas music sad??........... a guy from long island is here visiting my work, said its freezing balls there....... he loves the 80 degree weather here in so. cal
LOL!!!
I'm tellin ya, you never heard anything like it. Its all in a minor key, and very slow. You have to mute it.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I'm not at all kidding. Quite a few folks from here on this board and I'm sure they will confirm this. Its like the most depressing thing you ever heard.
Greeeeeeeeeeat, as if the OTB isn't bad enough! (although the food on the Central Ave. one is pretty darn good) I look forward to this when I place my bets friday morning. Full report submitted when I get back. (assuming they are also playing it IN the OTB)
Old 11-23-2006, 07:25 PM
JRB

Default Music

The music originates from a licensed satellite service. OTBTV has no editorial power over what is played on that service. Over several years of talking with many customers about the background music some like it and some do not.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Santa Anita

try Alice In Chains Unplugged to brighten your day.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Saratoga

Default I don't HATE alot of things in life but

Holiday music is ONE OF THEM. Seriously, it drives me nuts
Old 11-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Holiday music is ONE OF THEM. Seriously, it drives me nuts
Scavy, if/when you eventually have kids, there is no avoiding the holiday music. Hell, as soon as the turkey was eaten yesterday, they wanted Frosty the Snowman on the TV. Told them they had to at least wait until today.

Was rooting for your Salukis yesterday, that was a tough loss. They looked good though. Easily in the 64 and could/should make a nice run. Need to bounce back and take care of business today.