Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
oracle80

Default You know its Holiday Time in Albany when...

You know the holidays are upon you in the Albany, NY area when the OTB tv station starts playing some of the most depressing Christmas music you ever heard.
We don't have commentators on voicing over the gaps in races for the most parts, and at night and morning they just show a loop that cycles constantly with the entries at all the tracks they are taking that day. They play music all day long until the races go off and you get the call and picture.
Every year about this time, the music is switched to Christmas music in a minor key. They find a way to make even the cheeriest song morbid.
Its like you are sitting there, just blew a photo or a pik-3, and the saddest rendition of "WHite Christmas" you ever heard comes on, and you wanna step into the bathtub and drop in the toaster.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
You know the holidays are upon you in the Albany, NY area when the OTB tv station starts playing some of the most depressing Christmas music you ever heard.
We don't have commentators on voicing over the gaps in races for the most parts, and at night and morning they just show a loop that cycles constantly with the entries at all the tracks they are taking that day. They play music all day long until the races go off and you get the call and picture.
Every year about this time, the music is switched to Christmas music in a minor key. They find a way to make even the cheeriest song morbid.
Its like you are sitting there, just blew a photo or a pik-3, and the saddest rendition of "WHite Christmas" you ever heard comes on, and you wanna step into the bathtub and drop in the toaster.
LOL!!!! Sounds like the soundtrack in an old B Horror flick!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:05 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARHAGE
LOL!!!! Sounds like the soundtrack in an old B Horror flick!!!!!
I'm not at all kidding. Quite a few folks from here on this board and I'm sure they will confirm this. Its like the most depressing thing you ever heard.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
oracle80

I just watched the first race at Finger lakes(speed bias by the way, track is rock hard) and right now the absolute SADDEST version of "The First Noel" you ever heard in your life is playing on the channel. I'm like ready to cry.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Bowie

Just hearing Rick W Parrys voice on Capital OTB makes me want to step in a tub with a toaster. He'll tell you there's a photo when there's a half length between horses.
Keeneland

That's the kind of bull**** music I have to listen to all freaking day long at work after Thanksgiving... YUCK!

BA HUMBUG!
Coach Pants

Hahaha!
It's the most wonderful time of the year. I want to break things when I hear that song.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
oracle80

Pillow,they just switched to the saddest version of Jingle Bells in the world ever created.
I wish I could post the link to it.
You have no idea how bad this gets when you are alive in the pik-4 with like 4 horses and get nailed, and as you sit there digesting the loss you are hearing this "music to commit suicide by".
Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Keeneland

The holidays are so rough... I just want to cry!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
The holidays are so rough... I just want to cry!
If you were listening to what I am you WOULD be crying. I'm not kidding.
They could break prisoners with this music.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Pillow,they just switched to the saddest version of Jingle Bells in the world ever created.
I wish I could post the link to it.
You have no idea how bad this gets when you are alive in the pik-4 with like 4 horses and get nailed, and as you sit there digesting the loss you are hearing this "music to commit suicide by".
Oh I do. Last year I lost a pick-4 in the last leg by a frickin nose. The will pay was a little over $2800. As I sat lifeless for about 5 minutes I got a call from the missus that I had to go Christmas shopping and to meet her at the mall. I had to endure 5 hours of god awful christmas music and soccer moms and their hysterical kids, the kids who have this uncanny ability to bump into me while going 5 wide around a turn.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Oh I do. Last year I lost a pick-4 in the last leg by a frickin nose. The will pay was a little over $2800. As I sat lifeless for about 5 minutes I got a call from the missus that I had to go Christmas shopping and to meet her at the mall. I had to endure 5 hours of god awful christmas music and soccer moms and their hysterical kids, the kids who have this uncanny ability to bump into me while going 5 wide around a turn.
Yeah those little crumbsnatchers do tend to get in the way and cause "troubled trips".
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
If you were listening to what I am you WOULD be crying. I'm not kidding.
They could break prisoners with this music.
Oh, I will be soon enough... just two more days of elevator music before I get to listen to melancholy Christmas music for the next month! AHHHH!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Flemington

Is it worse than having this Yenta Rachael Ray on the T.V. ? Wow,that was on the T.V. for two minutes,and I would of paid good money to be able to change the station.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:30 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Yeah those little crumbsnatchers do tend to get in the way and cause "troubled trips".
well they run greenly....and have a tendancy to break down if they are pushed too hard.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Is it worse than having this Yenta Rachael Ray on the T.V. ? Wow,that was on the T.V. for two minutes,and I would of paid good money to be able to change the station.
can't be...she's just awful. But then i haven't seen the NY OTB channel...
Old 11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Rachel graduated from Lake George High up here and still spends her summers up here(as much as she can). I've never met her, but the people I know who do said shes cool as hell, and pretty wild.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:34 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
well they run greenly....and have a tendancy to break down if they are pushed too hard.
Well I think some of them have not benefitted from the tighter use of the whip rules. Many need to be shown the stick at least, to keep them straight.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Well I think some of them have not benefitted from the tighter use of the whip rules. Many need to be shown the stick at least, to keep them straight.
agreed... and it's time to let the medication rules go too...i only want to see heavily sedated well-behaved parasites (oops, children) @ the Mall
Old 11-21-2006, 11:38 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
agreed... and it's time to let the medication rules go too...i only want to see heavily sedated well-behaved parasites (oops, children) @ the Mall
I agree, overuse of permissable medications has weakened the breed.