Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Randwyck

....and there goes Rex

"Nobody studies like [Manning]. I know [Tom] Brady thinks he does and all that stuff," Rex Ryan said. "I think there's probably a little more help from [Bill] Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."
Old 01-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Dee Tee Stables

so hard to pull for the jets when that douche is the coach. i'm a firm believer in the plays and the team doing all the talking by winning games and shutting down the opposition.

i'm sure that it's all the devils fault.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Idlewild Airport

Pats -9....Hoping for a blizzard.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
....and there goes Rex

"Nobody studies like [Manning]. I know [Tom] Brady thinks he does and all that stuff," Rex Ryan said. "I think there's probably a little more help from [Bill] Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."
That comment was made Thursday and was meant to be more of praise to Manning than a shot at Brady. Take a look at the full interview if you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
so hard to pull for the jets when that douche is the coach. i'm a firm believer in the plays and the team doing all the talking by winning games and shutting down the opposition.

i'm sure that it's all the devils fault.
Give me Rex anyday, over someone that just spits out cliche answers to questions like a robot. He is at least entertaining and by all accounts his players love him and playing for him.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i don't like the cliche answers either. makes you wonder why they bother with interviews, since it's usually the same old same old.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Oriental Park

To bad Rock Tard is gone. I would like to hear his explanation of why top 5 QB Matt Cassel is playing like a grade school QB. Top 5, what an @ss.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Flemington

I like the honesty that you get with Rex. Belichick rates a 0 on the entertaining scale, and probably hasn't been laid since he won his first superbowl.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I like the honesty that you get with Rex. Belichick rates a 0 on the entertaining scale, and probably hasn't been laid since he won his first superbowl.
i'd rather listen to belichek-as in no bs. rex ryan writing a lot of checks that others have to cash for him. blowhard.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
To bad Rock Tard is gone. I would like to hear his explanation of why top 5 QB Matt Cassel is playing like a grade school QB. Top 5, what an @ss.
oh, tard is gone? i didn't realize. gee, too bad...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Flemington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1GiJEi1cY
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
rex ryan writing a lot of checks that others have to cash for him. blowhard.
He's no Les Miles.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
i'd rather listen to belichek-as in no bs. rex ryan writing a lot of checks that others have to cash for him. blowhard.
Players love it, and that's what matters. All he's doing is saying what everybody else in the NFL says behind closed doors. He almost never puts down other teams, it's almost always just pumping his own team up. I don't see how that makes him a douche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZxn7zbDSI

Pretty much the same scene at the bar where I was. Such a blast.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Idlewild Airport

To win in NE they need to have the ball for 40 minutes. I still think NE's defense is suspect, but you can't expect to hold Brady with all those weapons....I wouldn't lay 9 if I were a NE fan....I would love to see bad weather as well.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Keeneland

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yantrust010811

Ryan may sound like the biggest ego in the game, but that’s only when the cameras are on. The establishment blue print for NFL coaches is to act one way in public only to domineer over every facet of a franchise in private. These are the control freaks, the retentive, paranoid personalities that date back to Lombardi, Rockne and beyond.

On how many NFL sidelines would a receiver not even dare to plead for an out-of-the-box pass play at the game’s most critical moment?

“I think it says exactly what we are always preaching: ‘This is OUR team, ‘ ” said LaDainian Tomlinson(notes). “The players have voices, too. It’s not like that everywhere. Some coaches think what they say goes. The coaches here are open to the players’ opinions.”

And here’s why his locker room never grumbles when he makes promises they have to keep or he calls out opponents they have to stop.

Ego isn’t a coach saying things at press conferences. Ego is a coach who’s convinced he invented the game of football and will belittle anyone who challenges him. Ego is a coach who calculates the blame game just in case things go wrong. There’s a league full of those guys – a bunch of them watching the playoffs from home.

“That’s just his personality,” cornerback Antonio Cromartie(notes) said. “He brings a different style of coaching. He trusts us. So we trust him. I don’t worry about what he says. I’ll run through a brick wall for him.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Idlewild Airport

But see Peyton is not married to a super model.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan said he meant no disrespect to Tom Brady last week, but the Jets coach couldn't resist another dig when asked what he thought of the Patriots quarterback's decision to attend "Lombardi" instead of scouting his next opponent by watching the AFC wild-card game between the Colts and Jets.

Ryan paused and spoke very distinctly.

"Peyton Manning would have been watching our game," he said.