Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2006, 11:02 PM
rockhardtenfan

Default Candy

If u were candy what type would u want to be?
I'd be rock candy.
Do u like rock candy Chupster?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Saratoga

Well now Rocky i think I should begin by saying that this question was Stephen Hawkingesque in it's brilliance and so here you go and good luck with your application!!!

http://www.mensa.org/

Now while i am pondering the answer to your really good question i have to admit to you that all I can think of is which candy I'd want to eat and not which one i would want to be. Is that okay?????

What was the one that melts in your mouth and not in your hands?????

Instead of it melting in my mouth I think i'd rather it exploded in my mouth, but i don't think that was their motto - was it? So I have to settle for melting in my mouth and not in my hands although if i got some on my fingers for example i think I'd like to look you or whoever right in the eye and raise my fingers to my lips and lick it off very slowly, one finger at a time, and tell you how goooood it tasted. Now I'm wondering just how much would melt in my hands though and I think I might have one hand free to do other things simultaneously.

What was the question again????

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 07-05-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
rockhardtenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Well now Rocky i think I should begin by saying that this question was Stephen Hawkingesque in it's brilliance and so here you go and good luck with your application!!!

http://www.mensa.org/

Now while i am pondering the answer to your really good question i have to admit to you that all I can think of is which candy I'd want to eat and not which one i would want to be. Is that okay?????

What was the one that melts in your mouth and not in your hands?????

Instead of it melting in my mouth I think i'd rather it exploded in my mouth, but i don't think that was their motto - was it? So I have to settle for melting in my mouth and not in my hands although if i got some on my fingers for example i think I'd like to look you or whoever right in the eye and raise my fingers to my lips and lick it off very slowly, one finger at a time, and tell you how goooood it tasted. Now I'm wondering just how much would melt in my hands though and I think I might have one hand free to do other things simultaneously.

What was the question again????
U didn't answer my question your Oral Highness.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
flowing tail

I'd pick an everlasting gobstopper if i could be any candy, you know those kind from the old school machines, that have to be sucked on for an entire day to make any sort of progress.

I'd pick pop rocks to eat, cuz you have to open up the envelope at the end and methodically lick out all the flavor.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
BellamyRd.

I'd be a chocolate-covered raisin
because I'm an old, wrinkly black man
Old 07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Newmarket

I'd like to be whatever kind MMSC likes to eat... or shall I say savor!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Monmouth Park

I'd definately be a Snickers bar...big nuts and plenty of gooey goodness
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I'd like to be whatever kind MMSC likes to eat... or shall I say savor!
Well now my good and kind Sir who I have come to adore, let me just say that I am quite flattered. Maybe you could be this cause it would be fun and last a really long time!!!!!

http://www.candywarehouse.com/airplanepops.html

It's between that or a bag of M&M's and do you know why????? Because with M&M's there are many and so you can put them in your mouth over and over and over and multiple times is something I am highly in favor of!!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellamyRd.
I'd be a chocolate-covered raisin
because I'm an old, wrinkly black man
Hi My Red Ball!!! Can i call you that since it was my anagram for you???

You and I have something in common incase you didn't know that!!! I thought you were someone else and there was someone who thought I was someone else ..... we are connected!!!!!

Yours was a funny post and let me just say that if it were true at least you would be a challenge but since it is not (true) let's remember that Raisenettes have the M&M thing going on as well..... again it's a good candy cause there's more than one if you know what I'm saying!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
BellamyRd.

hmm, that peaks my interest
(albeit not as much as the mouth-watering popsicles, lol)
but please enlighten me
on how we are kindred spirits
Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
hmm, that peaks my interest
(albeit not as much as the mouth-watering popsicles, lol)
but please enlighten me
on how we are kindred spirits
Dear My Red Ball,

Well I hope you have time because this is a very long story and I apologize for not doing an adequate job in explaining.

Once upon a time, in 1799...

I'm serious! That's where the story begins!!!

Anyway, a baby was born and named Aleksandr Sergeyevick Pushkin. He grew up, wrote some poems ("... the illusion which exalts us is dearer to us then ten thousand truths" - some pretty cool stuff) , and died after a dual. Why you ask does the story begin with some dead poet? Easy!!! Because sometimes when I read someones name for the first time it reminds me of something else (Like Mr. ArlJim, Esquire, got the airplane candy cause at first i thought it said AirJim proving that a) i read too fast, b) i get images stuck in my head and C) I'm a moron!

Anyway, when Pushkin (R. Pupkin who I'll always think of as Pushkin) accused me of being someone from another forum who I'm not cause i wrote something about Hurricane Cat, I got really defensive! Help! Help! I know the dif between Hurricane cat and Hurricane Run so why is the poet picking on me??!!

That's the short version of my mistaken-identity on the forum.

Yours is more complicated..... your Mineshaft sigline reminded me of someone... He Who Will Not Be Named! Probably the most notorious poster on any forum, He Who Will Not Be Named who loves Mineshaft.

"Is that Him?", I wondered to myself? "Nah... Bellamy Road. Would He even like Bellamy Road?". (I wonder to myself quite a bit, My Red Ball).

When i read posts of yours joking with Seattle All Star i wondered again. The more i thought of Bellamy Road though..... He Who Will Not Be named was always nice to me and it stemmed from the two of us having a horsie in common who we both liked but next-to-no one else did. And so once I remembered BR had been trained by M. Dickinson (he trained the horse we both liked) when he was a 2YO, I wondered some more and asked someone if YOU were HIM. So you see????? We have a common mistaken-identity bond!!! Hooray!!! Only I'm not the Hurricane Cat guy (he thought I was a guy ) and you're not Him.

Sorry you asked?

Man, I need a Motrin now..... or a popsicle.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 07-05-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Saratoga

PS - ArlJim... the OTHER reason why you got the airplane-pop is cause I think you'd be fun for a reeeally long time!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
PS - ArlJim... the OTHER reason why you got the airplane-pop is cause I think you'd be fun for a reeeally long time!
Well now miss storm c, you really bring some much needed creativity and fun to this place. thanks for explaining the airplane thing as i had been a little puzzled, and.... you're correct!!

your explanation to red ball re your connection was a hoot. i got a laugh when i saw pupkin/pushkin try to peg you as Papa. he simply hadn't spent enough time over here to realize the differences as they are many and significant. pupkin/pushkin is one of the good guys mainly from the other board, knowledgable and cordial.

like you, i either get images stuck in my head or i'm a moron. example 1: whenever i look at the pupkin signon from now on i will hear and think pushkin.

example2: from my employment, we have three manufacturing machines and when we refer to them we use the model number. therefore we have the, "16", the "14" and here is the problem. the third machine is so old it doesn't have a model number so since it has been retro-fitted with newer controls most people refer to it as the "retro". well we used to have this one guy working for us who was a very hard worker but he was the kind of guy who would always get words slightly wrong, but they were wrong in a way that seemed almost right. This guy always called the "retro" the "recto" and I heard "wrecked-o". Now I loved the name since the machine is old and sort of a wreck. therefore i always call this machine the wrecked-o because its a good name and in honor of our former colleague. since i'm the only one who does this i get some stares when we're in a big meeting and i refer to the problems we're having with the wrecked-o and i'm sure some higher managers think i may not be all there in the mind. oh well.

okay then, sorry for the extra details that actually don't fit on the candy theme. anyway, thanks for your M&M comments which i'm also in agreement on!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 PM
BellamyRd.

well, thank you for being so succinct Miss SC, lol
was the Dickinson horse, Soto, by chance?
I posted under "Coach" at ESPN
if that's any help, if not...
it's nice to make your acquaintance
agree w/ Jim that I laugh rather hard
at your posts (or with your posts)
as they are as funny as they are unusual
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Les Bois

Umm,

Strawberry Bubblicious Gum, also known as another name...
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Well now miss storm c, you really bring some much needed creativity and fun to this place. thanks for explaining the airplane thing as i had been a little puzzled, and.... you're correct!!

your explanation to red ball re your connection was a hoot. i got a laugh when i saw pupkin/pushkin try to peg you as Papa. he simply hadn't spent enough time over here to realize the differences as they are many and significant. pupkin/pushkin is one of the good guys mainly from the other board, knowledgable and cordial.

like you, i either get images stuck in my head or i'm a moron. example 1: whenever i look at the pupkin signon from now on i will hear and think pushkin.

example2: from my employment, we have three manufacturing machines and when we refer to them we use the model number. therefore we have the, "16", the "14" and here is the problem. the third machine is so old it doesn't have a model number so since it has been retro-fitted with newer controls most people refer to it as the "retro". well we used to have this one guy working for us who was a very hard worker but he was the kind of guy who would always get words slightly wrong, but they were wrong in a way that seemed almost right. This guy always called the "retro" the "recto" and I heard "wrecked-o". Now I loved the name since the machine is old and sort of a wreck. therefore i always call this machine the wrecked-o because its a good name and in honor of our former colleague. since i'm the only one who does this i get some stares when we're in a big meeting and i refer to the problems we're having with the wrecked-o and i'm sure some higher managers think i may not be all there in the mind. oh well.

okay then, sorry for the extra details that actually don't fit on the candy theme. anyway, thanks for your M&M comments which i'm also in agreement on!!
I loved your story! Naming an object is something I would do so I can relate..... thanks for the laugh! Extra details are always appreciated and, to be honest, i was writing a children's story in my head while reading it, a la the Ugly Duckling. Wrecked-O, the little machine that no one believed in, until one day.....

You know every time i see M&M's now I'll think of you, right?

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 07-06-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
well, thank you for being so succinct Miss SC, lol
was the Dickinson horse, Soto, by chance?
I posted under "Coach" at ESPN
if that's any help, if not...
it's nice to make your acquaintance
agree w/ Jim that I laugh rather hard
at your posts (or with your posts)
as they are as funny as they are unusual
Nice to meet you too and no, it wasn't Soto.

Now before you give me a hard time and laugh hysterically, keep in mind I only began following racing in the Spring of 2004 (thanks to Mr. Smarty Jones, Esquire) and so the horse in question, the horse He Who Will Not Be Named and I had in common was, ummm..... Tapit.

Stop laughing at me!!!

Love reading both your posts (you and the Air man, aka Arljim).
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhardtenfan
If u were candy what type would u want to be?
I'd be rock candy.
Do u like rock candy Chupster?
Forgive me for taking so long to read the thread! Well, I'm more of a chocolate person, but I suppose if rock candy were the right kind and carefully made, it might be pretty good.

Honestly, I guess I'd pick chocolate because it is soooooooo good. I like to just suck on a dove chocolate sometime so the flavor lasts. But not just any chocolate. It has to be GOOOOD high class chocolate. Yeah, I'd be a fancy schmancy chocolate.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:30 PM
rockhardtenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestofWonders
Umm,

Strawberry Bubblicious Gum, also known as another name...
What's the other name?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
rockhardtenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupster2
Forgive me for taking so long to read the thread! Well, I'm more of a chocolate person, but I suppose if rock candy were the right kind and carefully made, it might be pretty good.

Honestly, I guess I'd pick chocolate because it is soooooooo good. I like to just suck on a dove chocolate sometime so the flavor lasts. But not just any chocolate. It has to be GOOOOD high class chocolate. Yeah, I'd be a fancy schmancy chocolate.
Do u mean Dove Promises? I love those.