Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 PM
The Indomitable DrugS's Avatar
The Indomitable DrugS The Indomitable DrugS is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,007
Default Jets defense at home

They've played half of their home games this season so far.

* NFC North division leading Packers and Aaron Rodgers failed to score a TD against the Jets and were held to just 237 yards.

* AFC North division leading Ravens were held to just 10 points. The lone TD drive was setup by three major Jets penalties. Including a running into the kicker call on Braylon Edwards on a 46 yard field goal attempt - and a questionable pass interference call that set the ball at the 1 yard line.


So far this year - a combined total of 1 touchdown has been scored on the Jets in their building in all games against non Randy Moss teams.

Randy Moss himself has scored 2 TD's in the Jets building - a 34 yard one-hander on Reavis and a 37 yard catch on 3rd and forever in the rain from Favre.

Moss slot guy Percy Harvin also has 2 TD catches in the Jets building this year. Wes Welker has one as well.

A check of the Jets home defense scoreboard reads like this ....

Quote:
Touchdowns Allowed to all Non-Moss Teams: 1
Touchdowns allowed to Moss 2
Touchdowns allowed to his slot guys Harvin & Welker 3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:19 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Revis, you tool. The guy who owns Moss (even when he tries) is named Revis. I don't know who Reavis is.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,064
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9_B...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM
The Indomitable DrugS's Avatar
The Indomitable DrugS The Indomitable DrugS is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Revis, you tool. The guy who owns Moss (even when he tries) is named Revis. I don't know who Reavis is.
Has his hamstring finally recovered from the stress of defending the Moss vertical routes for a half?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:29 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
Has his hamstring finally recovered from the stress of defending the Moss vertical routes for a half?
Right, that was what injured him. It wasn't missing 36 days of training camp. It was covering a guy who's made one play against him in three years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Dahoss Dahoss is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,064
Default

The only scoreboard that matters

Jets-2
Randy Moss teams-0
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:47 AM
RockHardTen1985 RockHardTen1985 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
They've played half of their home games this season so far.

* NFC North division leading Packers and Aaron Rodgers failed to score a TD against the Jets and were held to just 237 yards.

* AFC North division leading Ravens were held to just 10 points. The lone TD drive was setup by three major Jets penalties. Including a running into the kicker call on Braylon Edwards on a 46 yard field goal attempt - and a questionable pass interference call that set the ball at the 1 yard line.


So far this year - a combined total of 1 touchdown has been scored on the Jets in their building in all games against non Randy Moss teams.

Randy Moss himself has scored 2 TD's in the Jets building - a 34 yard one-hander on Reavis and a 37 yard catch on 3rd and forever in the rain from Favre.

Moss slot guy Percy Harvin also has 2 TD catches in the Jets building this year. Wes Welker has one as well.

A check of the Jets home defense scoreboard reads like this ....
2 be fair... The Packers have been depleted by injuries. They have a starting RB and TE out, those 2 would be starters on 80% of the teams in the NFL.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-04-2010, 10:20 AM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

Yeah, but how have the Jets been on the road?
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Yeah, but how have the Jets been on the road?
Don't you get it? It's not about the Jets. It's about Moss. Moss MOSS MO$$ M055!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

Hey, I'm just interested in the Lions-Jets game this weekend. Jets -4 or so depending upon one's wagering outlet.
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:29 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Hey, I'm just interested in the Lions-Jets game this weekend. Jets -4 or so depending upon one's wagering outlet.
As am I obviously. I'm being a homer but I can't see the Jets losing. It's not because I think the Lions suck - to the contrary - I just think this team was thoroughly embarrassed by what happened against Green Bay and won't be caught napping against a good home team.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

Lions are 6-1 ATS so far this season,and are averaging something like 37.5 points at home. If the Lions can somehow make Sanchez beat them, they'll win. That being said, if the Tomlinson/Green combination rushes for a boatload of yards, there's nothing Calvin Johnson could possibly do to turn the game into a Lions win.
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
RockHardTen1985 RockHardTen1985 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Hey, I'm just interested in the Lions-Jets game this weekend. Jets -4 or so depending upon one's wagering outlet.

The line screams bet the Lions.
I wont be betting, just saying......
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

Well, they're 2-1 overall at home and 3-0 ATS so far in 2010.
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
RockHardTen1985 RockHardTen1985 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Well, they're 2-1 overall at home and 3-0 ATS so far in 2010.
3 points for home, right? SO the Jets are only a point better? Coming off a loss, and the Lions off a big win.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:30 PM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
3 points for home, right? SO the Jets are only a point better? Coming off a loss, and the Lions off a big win.
What? The Lions are home. That means Vegas thinks the Jets are 7 points better.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
RockHardTen1985 RockHardTen1985 is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
What? The Lions are home. That means Vegas thinks the Jets are 7 points better.
O dam... I thought in NY.....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

Right, at Detroit. Lions have been pretty much on fire there this season, albeit in a very limited sample size. Matthew Stafford will have never in his short career seen a defense quite like this one, so it should be a good test.
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-05-2010, 06:12 AM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Right, at Detroit. Lions have been pretty much on fire there this season, albeit in a very limited sample size. Matthew Stafford will have never in his short career seen a defense quite like this one, so it should be a good test.
Luckily for you guys, our achilles heel is that we don't get after the QB very well. On the flip side, Revis is as close to 100% as he's been all season and he has the capability to neutralize Calvin Johnson. The guy who worries me the most is Jahvid Best. Our run defense is very good on the interior, but if you can get outside the tackles the Jets can be beaten on the ground.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 AM
slotdirt's Avatar
slotdirt slotdirt is offline
Atlantic City Race Course
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,894
Default

I wouldn't worry about Best. He's been pretty much persona non grata for the last four games.
__________________
The world's foremost expert on virtually everything on the Redskins 2010 season: "Im going to go out on a limb here. I say they make the playoffs."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.