Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Pat, just get a filter. I will find out the website. You put it on the cable connector and order the fight, and then after the fight is out of the tv guide, you disconnect the power, take the filter off, and then reconnect, and the cable company has no idea about you watching the fight
They actually have it streaming on this thing called sopcast.
But thanks anyway. Watched a few fights via sopcast and it was not bad, especially in Chinese.

I like boxing.
I just dont want to pay
for these good fights that
advertising should pay for
if boxing was not so screwed up.

Kinda like horse racing.
The NFL and Jerry Jones appear
to be liking the idea of PPV, so I stop
watching the NFL if the ads cant pay
for the game.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:05 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I believe that was a Mike Warren production.
he tried cortez was one sided he pbf held ricky all night.... but in the end if you get tired and dont keep your hands up vs a good guy like that your tko ed. good fight though
Old 12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
i scored the fight poorly I was just excited someone was going after PBF.
You are right. It looked early on like it was going to work. Hatton was keeping the pressure on and not letting Mayweather set up and get the first off. It was deceiving though. I gave Hatton 1 round more than the judges did, but later on it was clear that Mayweather was controlling the fight. He didn't have to dominate it, but he was controlling it.

FM got very confident, extremely confident, in trying to go with Hatton and beating him at his own game. That can be very dangerous. In the first and second round, it looked like it might be close.

Eric
Old 12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Pat, just get a filter. I will find out the website. You put it on the cable connector and order the fight, and then after the fight is out of the tv guide, you disconnect the power, take the filter off, and then reconnect, and the cable company has no idea about you watching the fight
Well I just thought I'd come back and......

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!

thud!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Sha Tin

Mayweather never gets hit with a clean shot. Tremendous performance.

HBO needs a new judge. Ledderman has been getting further and further off. And Lampley outright roots for the guy he likes. I kept thinking I was watching a different fight. If you were blind or Seattle you might have thought it was close.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:31 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Mayweather never gets hit with a clean shot. Tremendous performance.

HBO needs a new judge. Ledderman has been getting further and further off. And Lampley outright roots for the guy he likes. I kept thinking I was watching a different fight. If you were blind or Seattle you might have thought it was close.
Merchant needs removing imo.
Guy is just weird.
Tries to make some poetry/boxing mix
and just blabbers a bunch of nothing.

Kinda like me.
Thus, I will remove myself.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Coach Pants

"I've never shed so many tears over any sporting event before."
David, Manchester via text on 81111

Old 12-09-2007, 02:35 AM
The Curragh

Never saw any of the fight.

Am i disappointed, yes........ surprised? not at all. Mayweather was like 1-2 in the markets over here and i know just as well as the next person that 1-2 shots rarely get beaten.

Everyone i have spoken to says that for the first two rounds it looked like Hatton was making Mayweather fight Hatton's style but then Mayweather seemed to realise he could get himself into trouble by doing that.

Is that how it looked to you guys?

Hatton does take a lot of punches because of his attacking style. If there is a weakness in his boxing it's the fact he only really has the one style, which is to attack and to work very hard through the whole fight.

I wanted Hatton to win, just to shut Mayweather up.... it just wasn't to be.

The hope the football hooligans didn't cause any trouble over there. They let our country down so badly at big sporting events.

Well done to Mayweather, even if i don't like his attitude, he deserves to be congratulated.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 12-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Monmouth Park

Hatton forgot to do one thing and that was throw punches. He wrestled him all over the place but never threw punches. Sure Mayweather held a lot, but in a lot of those situations he had no choice. I thought Cortez was brutal. He is usually pretty solid, but I thought last night he was way off. I wanted Hatton to knock his head off, but I agree with Chuck in the fact that Mayweather just doesn't get hit. Now I'm pissed that I paid $54 to see it. Oh well.....
Old 12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Watched the whole fight and PBF is a great boxer hands down. Hatton was holding and kept charging into PBF. PBF did the only thing you can do when someone with 20 inch arms is charging you, you grab thier arse. PBF finally listened to his corner when they said "when he comes charging in throw as many punches as you can into his lttle Hobbit arse. And that is what PBF did in the 8th round and almost ended it then. He rested in the 9th and came out with a flurry of punches hitting Hatton almost at will. When PBF knocked Hatton down the 1st time Hatton slammed his head into the corner turn buckle like the WWE. Hatton got back up and PBF finished him off unlike any other time in his career. Great fight in the later rounds. Undercard was the worst I've ever witnessed in my life of watching PPV. Anyway the local bar here in Holland Michigan (Blazers) had the fight for only a $10 cover. Stiffest drinks in all of Michigan in this place for sure.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM
The Curragh

the best boxing is the one thats free imo
Old 12-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Cahokia Downs

British bookmaking industry is probably heaving a sigh of relief today. A Hatton victory would have created their biggest single losing day since Dettori's day at Ascot 11 years ago. Estimates are that $40 Million was wagered on the fight in the UK.

Didn't give Ricky much of a chance and he now needs to drop back down a division or retire.

I think he'll carry on and maybe 2-3 years from now Amir Khan (who should win a lightweight World title within 12 months) will step up and thy can fight at Old Trafford-unfair if it's at Bolton or Man City

Worst thing about the fight was the booing of the National Anthem but I expected that as that unfortunately has become the norm at International Soccer games. "God Save the Queen" is really only played when International teams play and the opposition anthems get booed. Croatia's got booed-bet their fans couldn't care less about that.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Thistley Downs

I just reread this entire thread.

I am seriously going to consider getting a life.

MORE than none person picked Hatton!

Yes!

A tko and a ko are the same thing.

Oh my God.

And then someone lists step by step instructions on how to cheat the most powerful dept. of the federal government!!

AND signed it!!

On a PUBLIC message board!!

Oh boy.

Is it me?

Hattons leg pressing 1100 pounds!

Too bad that had aboslutely nothing to do with beating Mayweather.

What....was he going to dropkick him to death !?

Pay per mark...not view.

God.

Full metal Yahtzee sounds better every thread.

Someone is PAYING for Jones/Trinidad?????

I'm leaving.

No I'm not.

Know why?

'Cause ya just can't buy stuff like this!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:56 AM
The Curragh

well said
Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Hatton is not exactly made out to be what he is and either is Mayweather. HBO is doing a superb job in making this good guy bad guy fight.

With that being said I really want Hatton to win but he has shown some deficiencies. Hatton holds and hits against good boxers. Makes for a very boring Hatton. PBF is one of, if not the quickest boxers I have ever seen defensively.

I look for a big letdown and a PBF win by decision with Hatton not taking the risks to win. If Hatton does really open up, he has the chance of being hurt. Hatton also has a much better chance of actually winning. Floyd is Floyd, he will move and box and try and do whatever it takes to win a decision as always, unless Hatton actually comes at him without holding.

PBF loves to talk big about killing opponents in the ring and then he goes in and totally outclasses them with speed and pure boxing skills. He has done this countless times and will do this again. Boring fight, unanimous decision to Floyd.
One can be right and very wrong.

Saw some snippets. PBF did a great job of fighting in close.
If those bits represent what he did for the majority of the fight.

The word from my people is I should have paid. It was a good fight.
Dammit. But I cant allow myself. I hate PPV. Back to the Chinese.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
well said

Dave Mayson!!

Thanks..but may I remind you I think I'm worth just a little more than a "well said" .......................just a little.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Cahokia Downs

Hatton only managed to come 3rd in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award tonight.

Grand Prix driver Lewis Hamilton was the favourite unless Hatton won last night and drew hundreds of thousands of phone votes.

In the end they both got done by Super-Middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe.

I am looking forward to seeing if he can be lured out of the Millennium Stadium to face Bernard Hopkins
Old 12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogabrit
Hatton only managed to come 3rd in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award tonight.

Grand Prix driver Lewis Hamilton was the favourite unless Hatton won last night and drew hundreds of thousands of phone votes.

In the end they both got done by Super-Middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe.

I am looking forward to seeing if he can be lured out of the Millennium Stadium to face Bernard Hopkins
Really pleased Calzaghe won the award. I think he deserved this.

Fantastic boxer in my opinion. He will always have the people who say he hasn't proved anything, he is class though.

Also, a very entertaining fighter to watch, unlike so many in this sport these days.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
The Curragh

Wheres Prince Naseem when ya need him?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
Wheres Prince Naseem when ya need him?
What ever happened to that guy? He was entertaining. He gets waxed one time and I never saw him fight again. He was only like 21 too.