Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Newmarket

If it comes down to quarterback play.......Steelers win!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
This w/e's theme song should be 'who let the dogs out!'

CHI v. NYC at likely a pick 'em or close spread.

Who could ask for anything more?

Except of course, the cities of GB and Pitt, who have a combined population equal to the number of restaurants in the other two cities.
chi-nyj, the worse rated SB ever. the only people watching that game are in chi & nyc.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
chi-nyj, the worse rated SB ever. the only people watching that game are in chi & nyc.
Yeah, it'll definitely be a smaller draw than Oakland vs. Tampa Bay, St. Louis vs. Tennessee, Denver vs. Atlanta, etc.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Sharp post.

Are you aware of the ratings the Pats/Jets game got this past weekend?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...s-for-cbs.html
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
If it comes down to quarterback play.......Steelers win!

them STEELERS

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Hollywood Park

Pitt O-Line - banged up, Troy P < 100%
Jets - missing Brad Smith and 3 straight games on the road

It will probably come down to the FG kickers

(Pitt -4 is alot to give)
Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithting View Post
Pitt O-Line - banged up, Troy P < 100%
Jets - missing Brad Smith and 3 straight games on the road

It will probably come down to the FG kickers

(Pitt -4 is alot to give)
Smith's gonna play. Cro has been nails on kick returns anyway and the wildcat is a minimal part of our offense.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Hollywood Park

A groin is a tricky injury (especially in cold weather) I'd rather have Brad Smith returning than Cromartie any day

But I think the key is the Jets D-line which has picked it up the last 2 games nicely. They chased Big Ben all over the field last time and Pace is becoming a force now as well

Rothlisberger is a player-maker though and the Jets need to keep him bottled up in the pocket....He's more dangerous on the move

Winning in Pittsburgh last time removed the psychological edge that the Steelers had at home

Should be a good one !!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithting View Post
A groin is a tricky injury (especially in cold weather) I'd rather have Brad Smith returning than Cromartie any day

But I think the key is the Jets D-line which has picked it up the last 2 games nicely. They chased Big Ben all over the field last time and Pace is becoming a force now as well

Rothlisberger is a player-maker though and the Jets need to keep him bottled up in the pocket....He's more dangerous on the move

Winning in Pittsburgh last time removed the psychological edge that the Steelers had at home

Should be a good one !!!!
I don't think "psychological edge" applies to a team like the jets especially after consecutive wins at indy and new england. Regardless of the first game, the jets wouldn't be intimidated.

I think weather will be a bigger factor than people are saying. If the track is fast, I think the Jets have a better chance. If it is a bog, I think the Steelers have a pretty nice advantage. The steelers will most likely be able to run more effectively and they have better options over the middle. I like the Jets wideouts vs. the steelers secondary much more than i like the steeler wideouts vs. Jets secondary. This advantage, though, will be nullified by the blitz and Sanchez will see looks he didn't see the first time when Polamalu was out.

I think Pitt wins and covers the points in a low scoring game.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I just don't agree. Reggie Wayne is better than anybody the Steelers have, and Garcon is no slouch either. And since when are Branch/Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski/Edelman/etc. inferior to anyone? All I heard last week was how unstoppable that offense was, now it takes a backseat to Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown?
Wayne is slipping. He doesn't need to be doubled and he is no longer a threat to get deep. He will be 33 next year. At this point, Wallace is much more dangerous. Ward is much more physical even at this stage and a better inside target than any of those receivers you named. Garcon is a product of Peyton Manning as is Austin Collie or Tammie or anyone else they throw out there. Garcon is indeed a slouch.

Mendenhall is much better than either of those team's featured backs. This is a huge difference. Mendenhall is a threat to break it. Neither Green-Ellis nor Donald Brown is going to generate any kind of fear out of a d coodinator. Mendenhall is capable of carrying the offense by himself.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady View Post
That could be a huge key to the game is big ben's running ability. Not to mention he has won the big games. Brady didn't even think about running, now can understand why with a stress fracture. I think the key player is mike wallace, if hes able to catch some long passes its gonna be hard to keep the steelers from winning this time. With palamalulu and miller back its gonna be a good game. Plus I don't forsee the jets getting that great field position they did against the pats. Go steelers!
LOL @stress fracture. He might have been stressed out that those Jets were going to fracture more than just his foot.

Like Brady was going to run regardless of his little footsy. Brady was lost and he looked helpless out there. I am a Brady fan and I think he is going to go down as one of the best ever. At the same time, just like every other QB at one time or another, he got shut down by a driven team and a terrific game plan.

Pats fans need to deal with it and quit making excuses. Brady's foot looked fine when the jets went to a prevent at the end of the game and it looked fine all season when he was the top rated passer in the league.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Yeah, it'll definitely be a smaller draw than Oakland vs. Tampa Bay, St. Louis vs. Tennessee, Denver vs. Atlanta, etc.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?
ok what i was trying to get to, the jets and bears both Suck!..... the best part of the bears is the D-line and hester returning kicks. best part if the jest is RR running his month. sorry the jets just aren't anything special to watch. on the other side the steelers O-line and DB are average at best. without pressure the DB don't cover that well and the O-line is getting away with "effort" and that's it. the pack is interesting just to see if they can finish this hot run they've started. so IF you like "football" the steelers-packers is the better game. anything else falls into the "who cares" slot.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
ok what i was trying to get to, the jets and bears both Suck!
Stick to college.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Stick to college.
whatever.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Deleting your posts is probably a wise move when your last two were "Jets/Bears would be the worse[sic] rated Super Bowl ever" and "Jets and Bears suck!"
Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
whatever.
have y'all seen flo in the geico commercial saying "go, big money. no, really, go. it's your break time"????

alright, picture her here saying,

"roll tide!!"

"no really, it's time for you to roll on outta here."
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyep59 View Post
have y'all seen flo in the geico commercial saying "go, big money. no, really, go. it's your break time"????

alright, picture her here saying,

"roll tide!!"

"no really, it's time for you to roll on outta here."
All I'm picturing is everyone laughing at you and not your shi.tty butthurt rival school schmuck joke.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
All I'm picturing is everyone laughing at you and not your shi.tty butthurt rival school schmuck joke.
wasn't meant to be a rival school shmuck joke, it was meant to be a warning to tide not to argue with someone here or he will be rolling his azz outta here.
keep that picture of me in your pretty little head, ok??
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyep59 View Post
wasn't meant to be a rival school shmuck joke, it was meant to be a warning to tide not to argue with someone here or he will be rolling his azz outta here.
keep that picture of me in your pretty little head, ok??
Let it go. The dude was asking for it for a long time. I've banned two people in five years. So stop with the free speech crusade.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Let it go. The dude was asking for it for a long time. I've banned two people in five years. So stop with the free speech crusade.
consider it let go, ateam. you're absolutely right, i don't know the whole story, just a little from that one thread, and sometimes make things like that my "crusade". i'm usually a troublemaker for a few days each year, so hopefully some of its out of my system now. carry on with your super fly self.