Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Saratoga

Default New Law and how it affect Pinnacle?

My guess is that they are going to include Neteller in this law if it passes, I think they only deal with online gaming companies, anyone know what will happen and how we would have to deposit into Pinnacle? or any off shore for that matter?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Idlewild Airport

If and its a big if, it happens, it would be much more difficult to fund an account. I can't see how payouts will be affected if its by check. Enforcement is what matters and its wait and see for that. I would say its a 1 in 3 chance in passes. And I thought is was less than that before today, but the more I read about the bill, the more likely it is it might get enough support.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:23 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
My guess is that they are going to include Neteller in this law if it passes, I think they only deal with online gaming companies, anyone know what will happen and how we would have to deposit into Pinnacle? or any off shore for that matter?
How are they going to include Neteller? I haven't seen the legislation, but I thought it was aimed at credit card processors. Neteller is certainly not going to cooperate, so how will they put pressure on Neteller? Neteller is based in Great Britain and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. They claim to have 2,500,000 customers and 3400 "merchants".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neteller

http://about.neteller.com/aboutneteller/

I suppose they could somehow force banks to report funds wired to Neteller. Still, I doubt Neteller will be included.

Meanwhile, our illustrious Congress seems to be oblivious to the fact that the US is already in trouble with the WTO because of losing the case brought by Antigua/Barbados over restricting online betting sites in those countries.

--Dunbar