Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Santa Anita

Smile Dubai Carnival Contest V

This always creeps up on me without notice but the 5th annual Dubai Carnival Contest is officially open. The carnival starts tomorrow and there are 16 race dates according to this (Pat may be able to confirm) - http://www.dubairacingclub.com/sites..._Programme.pdf

Competition Roll of Honour
2011 - Jaripeo
2010 - ryonker1
2009 - No Chance To Dance
2008 - Jairpeo

Same Rules as last year (unless someone suggests any improvements?):

- 2 selections per race with an alternate pick in case of a scratch

- $40 win on the first horse and a $5 exacta box on the 2 selected horses so a total of $50 per race

- Mark your best bet of the day (Nap) and that horse's stake is doubled.

- All returns settled at UK Industry Odds and only the thoroughbred races count!

- Like previous years, Super Thursday points will be doubled and World Cup Night points trebled so at least there is still something to play for up until the end of the carnival.

- The person with the highest return over the period wins and dont worry if you miss a week or two, ye are all welcome - we got 15 playing last year (down from 20 the year before) Hopefully we can get a record turnout this year so I encourage everyone to give it a go. I'll send out a prize for the winner as well!

The most obvious links for those wanting more are www.dubairacenight.com (great website run by member Pat Cummings) www.dubairacingclub.com and www.racingpost.com.

If anyone else has queries, questions for me etc etc, just let me know - I'm all ears!!

#Grand