Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
Ricky Hatton is first class in every way.

Yes, i think his next fight is due to be Mayweather, which should be a brilliant fight because both of them respect eachother greatly.

He only recently had a fight in Las Vegas, which i didn't see, but i heard he won easily.

Dont mean to put a damper on things but this would be the most boring big fight of all time. All Hatton does is hold and has little power at this weight. And PBF is so good he will stay away and pepper him to a decision. If this fight happens, it will be PBF in a unanimous decision with a bunch of very upset PPV viewers who feel like they got ripped off.
Terrible matchup of styles. REally awful. Stay away.

Cotto is the hot product against a number of foes.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Dont mean to put a damper on things but this would be the most boring big fight of all time. All Hatton does is hold and has little power at this weight. And PBF is so good he will stay away and pepper him to a decision. If this fight happens, it will be PBF in a unanimous decision with a bunch of very upset PPV viewers who feel like they got ripped off.
Terrible matchup of styles. REally awful. Stay away.

Cotto is the hot product against a number of foes.
I'm guessing you haven't seen Hatton fight much. People who have come up against him have said he is one of the hardest punchers they have come up against. His body shots win him fights. He is a little work horse.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 AM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I'm guessing you haven't seen Hatton fight much. People who have come up against him have said he is one of the hardest punchers they have come up against. His body shots win him fights. He is a little work horse.
He is in incredible shape. But the man holds so much to get in close to get to the body it is ridiculous. And yes I have seen a number of his fights unlike posters who read what others say and dont look at things with their own eyes and make an opinion. And yes he hits hard to the body, thats how he wins.

Hold--->body punch---->outlast anybody shape wise.

So when he comes up against a fighter of Floyd's skill and size, Hatton will be lunging to hold. Floyd will step to the side, jab and move. Then Hatton will eventually grab Floyd, upon which Floyd will go into his turtle shell defense where he is practically impossible to hit (Elbows held very low to cover the body). Floyd is a bigger man than Hatton beat up in his early fights. Now with Hatton up in weight to fight PBF, he does not have the same umph.

And the aforementioned will continue for 12 rounds of boredom. PBF in a UD. This is my opinion having watched both of them. The PPV will be awful. The styles dont fit.

And so lets get your opinion pre fight... what do you see happening?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 AM
The Curragh

I agree with some parts of your post, but he isn't a complete one dimensional fighter like you are suggesting.

Mayweather will try to out 'play' him, but i'm not sure if he will be able to. If Hatton gets into his stride early, he will be hard to beat. If Mayweather can do enough in the first few rounds it might be a different story.

It will be an interesting tactical fight, that's for sure.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 AM
pgardn

I think if Hatton decided to go for it and just open up, it could be a very good fight. But based on his other fights at this weight, Ricky is not in to getting hurt. PBF is just so good defensively that he will stay away and cover up and then rapid fire like no one else can do. PBF has no intentions of getting hurt and imo Hatton does not either, so you end up with a bad fight. PBF is just God awful fast and takes zero risks. No one actually will go head hunting and risk getting hit. These guys are both very smart and realize they make more money by staying in the game.

So from a skill level and fitness aspect you get a good show. These guys are in the best shape of any boxers. But if you want to see someone go down... no way imo.