Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 AM
jackofhearts

Default nfl week 7

SAN DIEGO -5 @ KC
Normally, KC would be an automatic returning home after the ass-kicking they recieved last week. However, Diego is improving and on a roll. Rivers is finally looking better, and the D is pretty good. KC doesn't seem to have much going their way. How often do you see them getting +5 at home?

HOUSTON +10 vs. Jax
Too many points for the homeys here. The Texans MIGHT be improving, particularly frome the mental attitude. The Jags are minus a few major players from their D, and will need the offense to ball-control it(which is very possible).

ATLANTA +2.5 vs.Pitt
IMO, the wrong team is favored. Just because the Steelers whipped up on a lousy KC team doesn't mean their offensive problems are solved. I look for the Falcons to bounce back big-time here for the straigh-up win. A definite money line play at 50% of the total wager.

TAMPA +5 vs.Philly
Another live home dog who should be going the right way after their first win vs.Cincy. The new qb is better than the old qb already. The Buc D will smother the Eagles. Another money line play, but only 1/2 the ATS wager.

CAROLINA +3.5 @ Cincy
Surprised to see this line move up a 1/2. Panthers seem to be clicking offensively now, while the Bungles are suddenly short at wr. OT Levi Jones is out for Cincy, which will add more heat to Carson and Rudi. I was never impressed with Palmer until his last year at USC. I never trusted his decision-making and saw his strength as being a long-term part of the Pete Carroll NFL farm system. The Panther D might give him fits, and let's hope he doesn't get re-injured.

DENVER -4 @ Cleveland
Not my typical type of play. The Broncos are strong defensively, and might be able to ball-control it here, since the Browns have little going for them. A small play, since Cleveland is usually competitive when you least expect it.

NYGIANTS +3 @ Dallas
I like both teams, but I like the Giants better. Whoever blows this game is toast.

Good luck to everyone!