Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Thistley Downs

What are ya...the fridge!!??
Old 08-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Thistley Downs

"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure of the pud/vag and the length and venue of their vacays."
Old 08-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Flemington

#1 hr as a Dodger 1st pitch he saw in the 1st inning.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:46 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
#1 hr as a Dodger 1st pitch he saw in the 1st inning.

I was driving home from the track and had the treat of listening to VS call the game and ManDog's first dinger as a "blue dude". It was pretty cool to hear the Dodger fans going nuts for the guy. I really do hope it works out for you guys with him because it is something when he wants to produce.

Of course you have to deal with his base running and fielding but somehow when he's as hot as he seems to be getting these last two games it almost seems worth it.....enjoy it Scuds you have suffered the extended power outage of a lifetime with these guys this season. No homers for 5 games....53 in a season so far ....Manny will probably lead the team in homers by season end playing 50 games for ya...
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure of the pud/vag and the length and venue of their vacays."

"Mortese"...now a recognized language.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
I was driving home from the track and had the treat of listening to VS call the game and ManDog's first dinger as a "blue dude". It was pretty cool to hear the Dodger fans going nuts for the guy. I really do hope it works out for you guys with him because it is something when he wants to produce.

Of course you have to deal with his base running and fielding but somehow when he's as hot as he seems to be getting these last two games it almost seems worth it.....enjoy it Scuds you have suffered the extended power outage of a lifetime with these guys this season. No homers for 5 games....53 in a season so far ....Manny will probably lead the team in homers by season end playing 50 games for ya...
I can't wait until he turns around to play the fly ball off the wall and it ends up 12 rows deep in the bleachers
Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I can't wait until he turns around to play the fly ball off the wall and it ends up 12 rows deep in the bleachers
He already seemed to be doing just that tonight if your watching the game. His throwing style looks more like a Jai Lai guy on crack with that submarine toss to second trying to make up with early delivery what his arm loses in velocity.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Flemington

It's the perfect team for him. He has no competition here. We have only one star-quality player(him.) We haven't had a hitter like him in like forever. His talent will be so appreciated here, and this city will be more tolerant of his shortcomings. We put up with Mondesi, and Shaq's big mouth. It's as good a fit as can be found for him. I'm telling you guys that Latins seem to dig playing here. Lima was difficult everywhere, but did well here. I can't remember why he wasn't signed for another year or two. Could of been he gave somebody very young a sexually transmitted disease. I can't remember. It was something like that, but it all came out during the winter. Was never a problem during the season. Was singing the national anthem etc., but never came back.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
It's the perfect team for him. He has no competition here. We have only one star-quality player(him.) We haven't had a hitter like him in like forever. His talent will be so appreciated here, and this city will be more tolerant of his shortcomings. We put up with Mondesi, and Shaq's big mouth. It's as good a fit as can be found for him. I'm telling you guys that Latins seem to dig playing here. Lima was difficult everywhere, but did well here. I can't remember why he wasn't signed for another year or two. Could of been he gave somebody very young a sexually transmitted disease. I can't remember. It was something like that, but it all came out during the winter. Was never a problem during the season. Was singing the national anthem etc., but never came back.
LOL "Lima Time"

Last "pure hitter" in LA of his caliber was Gary Sheffield.

I agree with your point in comparing M.Ram to Lima though. LA has always embraced talented people who have indiosyncrasies... Without charisma though, you gradually become classified as "batsh^T crazy" even in this town. Again Sheff is a good example.

In retrospect, who would have thought that Gary Sheffield's Topps "future star" baseball card that had him with his 2 front teeth gold capped and inlaid with a "GS" would have foreshadowed his career.

http://www.cardboardinvestor.com/pro...products_id=94
Old 08-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Jesus.

80 to 90% of managers are interchangeable..ie.....they would make no difference to a team. The rest split as being incompetent and very good.

Difference makers.
fat jockeys.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Flemington

They've lost 30 games this year when scoring 1 run or less. I think other men could have cut that number down substantially. I don't think it would have taken place if Scioscia was in charge. I don't think it would have taken place if Joe Madden(Rays manager) was in charge. Torre is pretty good with knowing his pitchers, but I don't think he is much on offense. You have to be atleast a quarter ****** to keep playing Andruw. How stupid are you, Joe? He ain't having bad luck. K/ HE WHIFFS on 3 pitches-5 pitches. He is done. Come on. He basically is wearing a fkn moomoo out there. Andruw Trifecta:

1-fat,
2-slow,
3- whiffs like an old woman

Last shot for that loser is to lose weight, and hope he picks up quickness. The bat may feel quicker to him. Try something new. He has no clue what to do. Send him to a fat farm for a month. You can't keep being Joe (quarter ******.) Until he reduces, stop playing him. Being a nice fkn' guy got you a .500 record. Stop being a nice Bigelow Green Tea drinker("been my choice for years.") That commercial is killing me. I can't take it much longer. It's run it's course.

"Not only do I bleed Dodger Blue, I go green. Bigelow Green, that is. It's been my green tea of choice for years now."-JOE.....Please J.C. take some time off from doing the Bewitched thing with bread n' fish, and save us from this one catastrophy.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-03-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
"Mortese"...now a recognized language.
Thank you so much.

But you make me sound like a timber frame joint.

Hey!!

Maybe you're right!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Flemington

Suffered through this one, but the green tea commercial is the back breaker. It's cumulative damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTA0MrXOlnc
Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Flemington

oh noooo.............omg..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgcv9E3zMCk
Old 08-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Flemington

http://www.bigelowteablog.com/2007/0...and-joe-torre/

play the mp3 labeled

"bigelow-tea-steve-somers.mp3"

That's a riot. "Green tea with peach."........LOL
Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 PM
pgardn

4 for 5... another homer.

I guess plans to drag the Dodgers into the playoffs.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Flemington

Same pattern(so far) for this team. They lost to the 2 good pitchers, and beat up the 2 bad/ mediocre ones.They can make the playoffs when they change the former. Hopefully, Manny will hit good pitchers hard, because these other guys can't. Maybe they will get some easier pitches to hit (if hitting in front of Manny.)This is a teasing bunch like you wouldn't believe. They have days like today(even without Manny,) and then they go up against decent pitching and get 1 run/game.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Flemington

http://www.muft.tv/watch/Video,Item,688943011.html

me masterpiece
Old 08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

It doesn't play Scuds or am I missing the point?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
It doesn't play Scuds or am I missing the point?
PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON ON JOE'S NOSE.