Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Flemington

Default Casey Blake

Dodger's 3rd baseman for the rest of this year.

11 home runs ties for team leader. 58 rbi makes him team rbi leader. Pretty fkn obvious they never had anybody ready to ever take Beltre's place. They've tried rookies that can't hit. Veterans that can't hit. Now they rent a pro for a couple months.Should have paid Beltre instead of pissin' money away on Jason Schmidt, and the strike out king(Andruw.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3506150
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Flemington

The Dodgers continue to be hampered by the season-long woes of Andruw Jones.

The center fielder went 1-for-3 on Friday, raising his season average to a paltry .168. Even with Juan Pierre back in the lineup after returning from the disabled list, Jones managed to still get the start over Andre Ethier, who is batting .277 -- including .296 during July -- but still can't find a regular place in the lineup.

"I told (Ethier) to just bear with me," manager Joe Torre told the Dodgers' official Web site. "I also told him how proud I am for how far he's come and just bear with me while I get a feel for how long it's going to take. It can't take a month. We have to make up our minds in smaller increments."

UNFKNBELIEVABLE!!....Old man, it ain't a tough decision. Bench him, and play Either out there. Don't be weak n' Geritol.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Flemington

This Casey guy looks like the Unibomber.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Morris Park

Default C Blake

LoL

Me and my friends call him the "Amish Executioner" or "Johnny Reb" .

Doesn't look very fluid at third, but he makes plays. Offensively he's been a doubles machine and is batting something like .388 since he strapped on the blue 5 days ago. Thats enough of a sample for me to predict he will finish at .345 for the year.

The svelte Broxton is 5-5 in saves opps since Saito went down if anyone else is keeping count out there.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothewhip
LoL

Me and my friends call him the "Amish Executioner" or "Johnny Reb" .

Doesn't look very fluid at third, but he makes plays. Offensively he's been a doubles machine and is batting something like .388 since he strapped on the blue 5 days ago. Thats enough of a sample for me to predict he will finish at .345 for the year.

The svelte Broxton is 5-5 in saves opps since Saito went down if anyone else is keeping count out there.
He has been bringing the heat. I need to see him finish off a game against the Cubs,Cards,Brewers,METS,PHILLIES, or FISH. I guess (like any fatboy, )
if you give them a definite finish line, and a definite reward, then they can accomplish a given task.He has always been fully capable of blowing people away. I have no idea why he has just recently figured it out. Just slow(maybe.) Kemp refers to him as "BIGBOY" (as presented in the Bob's BIGBOY restaurant sign.)
Old 07-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
The Dodgers continue to be hampered by the season-long woes of Andruw Jones.

The center fielder went 1-for-3 on Friday, raising his season average to a paltry .168. Even with Juan Pierre back in the lineup after returning from the disabled list, Jones managed to still get the start over Andre Ethier, who is batting .277 -- including .296 during July -- but still can't find a regular place in the lineup.

"I told (Ethier) to just bear with me," manager Joe Torre told the Dodgers' official Web site. "I also told him how proud I am for how far he's come and just bear with me while I get a feel for how long it's going to take. It can't take a month. We have to make up our minds in smaller increments."

UNFKNBELIEVABLE!!....Old man, it ain't a tough decision. Bench him, and play Either out there. Don't be weak n' Geritol.
.........they have had a 20 year run of being hampered by..........INEPT FRONT OFFICE. this organization is an embarrasing
joke.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Thistley Downs

Believe it or not Blake's best defensive position is right field.He's ok at 3rd to maybe just a bit under average.

He's a good athlete who can get really hot at the plate in bursts.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Believe it or not Blake's best defensive position is right field.He's ok at 3rd to maybe just a bit under average.

He's a good athlete who can get really hot at the plate in bursts.
Unibomber sure takes a hard swing. Had an important hit last night that we simply wouldn't have got with the wannabe hitters that were playing 3rd base for us.