Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
The Curragh

Default Richard Seymour Exiled To The Raiders...

The Patriots once again decided that a Pro Bowl stars 15 minutes of fame were up yesterday when their best defensive lineman was asked to play the last year of his contract with Al Davis and the Raiders of the Lost.

The Pats receive the Raiders first round choice in 2011 which probably will turn out to be a top 5 pick which they undoubtedly will turn into 3 second round draft picks. The formula works and everyone is expendable.

Last edited by docicu3 : 09-07-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Del Mar

a first round draft pick for a past his prime defensive lineman with injury problems in the last year of his contract.

Nice Al.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
The Pats receive the Raiders first round choice in 2010
I read 2011 not 2010.

Who the hell cares about two years from now ... Randy Moss will be two years older by that time.

I know the whole line of thinking ... we want to sign Wilfork, we can't sign Seymour next year so he's basically got just one year left with us ... so why not give up that one year for a future first round pick instead of watching him leave and getting nothing.

Screw that. Win now. This hurts the chances of them going 19-0.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
a first round draft pick for a past his prime defensive lineman with injury problems in the last year of his contract.

Nice Al.
At some point the NFL has to consider stepping in and taking control of the team.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
At some point the NFL has to consider stepping in and taking control of the team.
I agree but...the NFL doesnt exactly want to get into litigation with Mr. Davis again. The last few were pretty brutal. I want to know who the Patriots planted in that organization.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I agree but...the NFL doesnt exactly want to get into litigation with Mr. Davis again. The last few were pretty brutal. I want to know who the Patriots planted in that organization.
I think they see a sucker
Old 09-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I think they see a sucker
it's hard to believe al davis was on sid gillman's staff in san diego many years ago. at one time he was a good football man. now he's just lost.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Flemington

He doesn't have much time left and he wants to win now.

The Raiders are now 2 full seasons removed from having the bed and breakfest guy as there O-coordinator and having the worst O-line in NFL history.

They should be much improved this year. Seymour can still play ... the Pats just dumped him because he only has a year left and they wanted to get something in return.

I'm picking the Raiders 2nd in the AFC West... and if enough of the Charger players are dating attention seeking celebs who want there name in the news .. maybe a big upset.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
He doesn't have much time left and he wants to win now.

The Raiders are now 2 full seasons removed from having the bed and breakfest guy as there O-coordinator and having the worst O-line in NFL history.

They should be much improved this year. Seymour can still play ... the Pats just dumped him because he only has a year left and they wanted to get something in return.

I'm picking the Raiders 2nd in the AFC West... and if enough of the Charger players are dating attention seeking celebs who want there name in the news .. maybe a big upset.
If the Raiders win more than 4 games this year there should be an investigation.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Flemington

They will win six or seven games ... and they will do so playing a brutal non-confrence schedule.

That will be enough to get them an outright 2nd place finish in a very soft division.

The Chiefs have Matt friggin Cassell as a starter ... and the Broncos have a phony coach.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
They will win six or seven games ... and they will do so playing a brutal non-confrence schedule.

That will be enough to get them an outright 2nd place finish in a very soft division.

The Chiefs have Matt friggin Cassell as a starter ... and the Broncos have a phony coach.
I doubt they will win 4.

Matt Cassell is Joe Montana compared to JaMarcus Russell.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Tropical Park

My initial reaction to this trade was WTF. But after thinking about it, the trade was good for the Raiders. If they had the pick, they would waste it on some guy with 4.3 speed and hands of stone that couldn't catch a cold.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

I'll bet you a case of tube sox they don't
Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
I read 2011 not 2010.

Who the hell cares about two years from now ... Randy Moss will be two years older by that time.

I know the whole line of thinking ... we want to sign Wilfork, we can't sign Seymour next year so he's basically got just one year left with us ... so why not give up that one year for a future first round pick instead of watching him leave and getting nothing.

Screw that. Win now. This hurts the chances of them going 19-0.
2004 seems like centuries ago. It's over, Johnny.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Del Mar

Still hasnt reported yet. I bet Seymour is trying to work out some kind of extension or signing bonus.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Still hasnt reported yet. I bet Seymour is trying to work out some kind of extension or signing bonus.
Or he just pouting
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Or he just pouting

Day 3 of waiting for Godot....Don't put it past Seymour to take a year off. The guy is wired differently than alot of these guys. I realize he could never make up the almost 4 million this would cost him to sit out but he is the only player of the "Camelot" years to get the better of the Patriots at the negotiating table. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided the Patriots were never going to see that draft choice as his response to being traded. This one isn't over yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Day 3 of waiting for Godot....Don't put it past Seymour to take a year off. The guy is wired differently than alot of these guys. I realize he could never make up the almost 4 million this would cost him to sit out but he is the only player of the "Camelot" years to get the better of the Patriots at the negotiating table. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided the Patriots were never going to see that draft choice as his response to being traded. This one isn't over yet.
If he doesnt report, the Pats still get the pick. The deal is done regardless of what he does. Players have zero control over their rights in the NFL and Seymours are now property of Oakland.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Or he just pouting
he's just been told he's going from a well managed winning team to an asylum run by a geriatric has been.

have some sympathy.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
If he doesnt report, the Pats still get the pick. The deal is done regardless of what he does. Players have zero control over their rights in the NFL and Seymours are now property of Oakland.
So what would happen here in 12 months or so when Seymour's contract would be up? I can't believe he would be allowed free agency, assuming there isn't a lock out next year. It seems bizarre that the Pats would get the pick if he never showed up in Oakland...