Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I need the 3 for 1800 lol.
Small to Baffert and Todd.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:13 PM
Oriental Park

I would appreciate Baffert not winning this race....thank you.

Practical Joke needs to win, please. though the 6 would be nice!
Old 08-26-2017, 02:15 PM

Im shocked no one gives the 3 a shot. I think he is the right turnback at a huge price and massive overlay pick 3.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Im shocked no one gives the 3 a shot. I think he is the right turnback at a huge price and massive overlay pick 3.
Completely ineffective in two sprints this year. The one turn mile race he won has not produced a winner since, including a couple that went to minor tracks to try and break the first condition.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Oriental Park

Good result for me there.

You give the best 1 turn sprinting 3yo a perfect trip and he is going to be pretty tough.

Pace was kinda meh but fair for all.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Oriental Park

Tossing Drefong, used mostly 4-6. Baffert been on a bad stretch lately, gotta ride that train.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Oriental Park

Shaking in the stall?

I have never heard that, how does a horse shake?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
Shaking in the stall?

I have never heard that, how does a horse shake?
Plenty of horses do that if you happen to watch horses in the paddock, especially when getting saddled. Not sure why Wolfendale was getting dramatic with that.

Her post-race comments in the Personal Ensign were likewise overboard. Acted like Songbird backed out of the race and was eased down the lane, literally asking Mike Smith if the filly should be retired. She got tagged at the wire (and further exposed), but she certainly didn't regress from any of her previous races.

Maybe we ought to tweet her your "productive race" thread for the Ogden Phipps.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Plenty of horses do that if you happen to watch horses in the paddock, especially when getting saddled. Not sure why Wolfendale was getting dramatic with that.

Her post-race comments in the Personal Ensign were likewise overboard. Acted like Songbird backed out of the race and was eased down the lane, literally asking Mike Smith if the filly should be retired. She got tagged at the wire (and further exposed), but she certainly didn't regress from any of her previous races.

Maybe we ought to tweet her your "productive race" thread for the Ogden Phipps.
lol

thinking the inside may still be very good again. or at least lets say its honest.

either way that horse is no joke, basically only lost when he dumped the rider.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Oriental Park

Is Erupt an overlay? Seems like 6-1 is a pretty sharp dismissal of the horse in a small field. He did win the Canadian International on firm turf last year with the current favorite nearly 3 lengths arrears.

Have to think his last was a throw out, else why would he show up here. Of course, adding Lasix would have helped (and probably shortened the odds).
Old 08-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Is Erupt an overlay? Seems like 6-1 is a pretty sharp dismissal of the horse in a small field. He did win the Canadian International on firm turf last year with the current favorite nearly 3 lengths arrears.

Have to think his last was a throw out, else why would he show up here. Of course, adding Lasix would have helped (and probably shortened the odds).
I used him, firm turf has to be better.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I used him, firm turf has to be better.
That was like the Introduction to the Opposites on You Can't Do That On Television.

The European riders couldn't settle there mounts. Idaho practically ran off and Erupt had his mouth wide open down the backstretch with his jock opting to keep him off the fence early.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:58 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
That was like the Introduction to the Opposites on You Can't Do That On Television.

The European riders couldn't settle there mounts. Idaho practically ran off and Erupt had his mouth wide open down the backstretch with his jock opting to keep him off the fence early.
seems like the EU horses that have been sent over have just been a cut below this year.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Irap, Girvin, McCraken box
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-26-2017, 04:13 PM

Then boxed with 3,5 pressed.
Then pressed to 3 again.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
seems like the EU horses that have been sent over have just been a cut below this year.
It's pretty sad, because its not like the turf divisions nationwide have any standouts. Has any US-based horse won two stakes in a row aside from Hunt, who I hardly would call a standout?

I guess we'll just wait for the BC and see which of Ulysses or Highland Reel takes to the Del Mar course the best and crown them champion.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
It's pretty sad, because its not like the turf divisions nationwide have any standouts. Has any US-based horse won two stakes in a row aside from Hunt, who I hardly would call a standout?

I guess we'll just wait for the BC and see which of Ulysses or Highland Reel takes to the Del Mar course the best and crown them champion.
Probably Highland Reel.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:30 PM
The Curragh

Sadler's Joy winning has absolutely ruined my day, I am usually not upset after a day at the race but the old saying pennywise and a pound foolish comes up again. I don't know if I am more upset that i was already thinking of putting him the plays or the fact that he won and the other horses I selected didn't win. I knew that damn Money Multiplier would find a way not to lose, plus the two Euros ran throw out races. Saratoga and Del Mar are real funny tracks
Old 08-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar View Post
Sadler's Joy winning has absolutely ruined my day, I am usually not upset after a day at the race but the old saying pennywise and a pound foolish comes up again
Same here i blew out of 8 multi race bets. 2 huge pick 5s that had 6 deep in Travers and all in the last.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Oriental Park

These commentators are lazy. Irap went wire-to-wire in the Blue Grass and took advantage of a paceless race?