Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Washington Park

Default My 2nd attempt at calling a long shot here...

OK, I hate to tout people on horses.

Not for greed of wanting it all, but for not wanting to make others lose $$ on my misplays.

But, Sharp Writer.....15-1 on the morning line....really has my attention in the little stakes race in the 8th at Baymeadows tomorrow.

http://calracing.com/replays.php

Two races back he was in with The Tin Man.

Last edited by westcoastinvader : 11-03-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Churchill Downs

I agree with you, there is so much speed in this race that Sharp Writer should be closing late and pass a lot of tiring horses.

I'll be at the track today, stop by, I'll be in a clubhouse box wearing my "Dee Tee Stables" hat - come by and say HI!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCat
I agree with you, there is so much speed in this race that Sharp Writer should be closing late and pass a lot of tiring horses.

I'll be at the track today, stop by, I'll be in a clubhouse box wearing my "Dee Tee Stables" hat - come by and say HI!
Hey, thanks for the invite to say hello!

My plan had been to just stop by the OTB and place a couple wagers. If I do happen to meander across the bay, I'll be certain to stop by.

Should be a beautiful day for Baymeadows racing...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhb411
I didn't think anyone had to defend themselves as many of us put up our selections here. If it can't be done here, where can we do it ?
It's not like you're trying to sell your picks here, or direct anyone toward a tout service.
With that said, I'll pay attention to Sharp Writer, and root for you to cash a big one on him.

Good luck,
Mike

Thanks.

I did bet him pretty good, so I did put my $$ where my mouth was.

Fortunately, I had the chalk real solid at Oak Tree in the 3rd.

Runforthemoneybaby looked too solid to let go at even money.

I took a little ding overall on the day, and I played 'em as I saw 'em. But can still come back to play another day.

That's OK by me.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Washington Park

Default O

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastinvader
OK, I hate to tout people on horses.

Not for greed of wanting it all, but for not wanting to make others lose $$ on my misplays.

But, Sharp Writer.....15-1 on the morning line....really has my attention in the little stakes race in the 8th at Baymeadows tomorrow.

http://calracing.com/replays.php

Two races back he was in with The Tin Man.
OK. OK. Maybe I should get off this horse, but I like Sharp Writer's chances again tomorrow in the $150,000 race at Golden Gate. He's had some gaps in his races, so maybe THIS is the race I should count as 2nd off his layoff.

Watch calracing.com, and he has run better in his last couple starts than he deserved to finish. Bisono had to check him in his last race two weeks ago, then when he started to go again he got him boxed in like an Irvine (or Art Bier) driven Northfield chalk in the races of my youth.

Though I hardly think Bisono got a ML 15-1 trapped intentionally, of course.

I'm tossing Buzzard's Bay. I just don't think tomorrow will be his Day by The Bay.

Maybe topic for a different folder, but Russell Baze must have Saturday night plans. Odd that he doesn't have a mount in a Bay Area stakes race, and in fact I don't think he's scheduled to ride in any of the last three races tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Washington Park

I do see that Joe Talamo is up from SoCal to ride the Frankel horse in this same 8th race tomorrow.

But he doesn't have any mounts scheduled earlier in the day.

I for one always like to see an invading jockey I might be betting on have a race over the course earlier in the day before his reason for being.

Another reason I think tomorrow could be Sharp Writer's day.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastinvader
OK. OK. Maybe I should get off this horse, but I like Sharp Writer's chances again tomorrow in the $150,000 race at Golden Gate. He's had some gaps in his races, so maybe THIS is the race I should count as 2nd off his layoff.

Watch calracing.com, and he has run better in his last couple starts than he deserved to finish. Bisono had to check him in his last race two weeks ago, then when he started to go again he got him boxed in like an Irvine (or Art Bier) driven Northfield chalk in the races of my youth.

Though I hardly think Bisono got a ML 15-1 trapped intentionally, of course.

I'm tossing Buzzard's Bay. I just don't think tomorrow will be his Day by The Bay.

Maybe topic for a different folder, but Russell Baze must have Saturday night plans. Odd that he doesn't have a mount in a Bay Area stakes race, and in fact I don't think he's scheduled to ride in any of the last three races tomorrow.
In the category of God, drunks and fools perhaps, I ran to the OTB and put $50 on Sharp Writer to win, and $100 to place. The #1 horse.

I just checked the charts and see he ran last.

I also see that he was part of an entry....unknown to me when I decided to bet him.

The other half ran 2nd, and paid $10.60 to place!

hehe!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Oaklawn

Too Cool. I thought the 1 horse was a winner when he headed McCanns Mojave at the furlong pole.