Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2019, 12:59 AM
Churchill Downs

I think some consideration should have been applied to War Of Will trying to thru a hole that wasn't there. However MS did veer out. I think by rule they had no choice.

Only question now is "Does Saez retain the mount?"
Old 05-05-2019, 07:14 AM
Les Bois

Im a newer (ex fan) of horseracing I've been following this site and this bullshit game since 2015 (full disclosure i needed maximum security to hit the P5 and nice oaks/derby double) I'm done with horseracing for good now. I loved it, i taught myself how to the read the forms, i go-to keeneland every April and October since 2016. I told evryone i had at my house that they were taking the horse down as soon as Mott started chirping. They didnt want servis winning that fing thing PERIOD. Im done with this bullshit game for good! This game can't get out of its own easy. And good luck getting "new fans" I'll spend my Saturday afternoons doing other things. This game is a dying relic and that decision will be looked back on more and more of these tracks start closing. If that was baffert or pletcher or anyone besides the guy they think is a huge cheater that horse would've stayed up. I've had some very bad breaks gambling on this bullshit and I'm not going to do it again. Take care
Old 05-05-2019, 07:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I hadn't seen this video in slow motion. After seeing this, I can see why they took him down. I still need to watch some more video. But after seeing this one, I think the decision is understandable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jwy9m9oDg0
This slo-mo shows even more clearly how Long Range Toddy had to check:

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 05-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinguybry View Post
Im a newer (ex fan) of horseracing I've been following this site and this bullshit game since 2015 (full disclosure i needed maximum security to hit the P5 and nice oaks/derby double) I'm done with horseracing for good now. I loved it, i taught myself how to the read the forms, i go-to keeneland every April and October since 2016. I told evryone i had at my house that they were taking the horse down as soon as Mott started chirping. They didnt want servis winning that fing thing PERIOD. Im done with this bullshit game for good! This game can't get out of its own easy. And good luck getting "new fans" I'll spend my Saturday afternoons doing other things. This game is a dying relic and that decision will be looked back on more and more of these tracks start closing. If that was baffert or pletcher or anyone besides the guy they think is a huge cheater that horse would've stayed up. I've had some very bad breaks gambling on this bullshit and I'm not going to do it again. Take care
See ya!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Good job handicapping...but sometimes bad luck strikes. Take a couple days to calm down and let us know who you like in the Preakness.

Let’s be honest. Almost all the people who are allegedly done with racing will be back.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post

Let’s be honest. Almost all the people who are allegedly done with racing will be back.
Exactly. They’ll be back in 2 weeks or sooner.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Les Bois

Easy for you to say i read where you said you had the #20 if that was baffert or pletcher that horse stays put. Its hard enough picking winners etc. I get over things fairly easy ill be over horse racing by next week. I spend to much time anyways handicapping, betting, watching. I'll miss going to keeneland with the wife besides that i won't miss wondering from here on out if i do hit a winner will it come down because the stewards dont happen to like certain trainers. That point is the #7 was the best and no-one was going by him
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Exactly. They’ll be back in 2 weeks or sooner.
Didn’t say I was done. Just sitting out for a bit. I’m tired
of the inconsistencies of stewards decisions. I’ve seen too much
of it in the past year. Just gonna take a little time to get over it. Heck even
the President tweeted it was a bad decision. Lol
Old 05-05-2019, 09:11 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsoxfan View Post
Well if that guy tweets it, it’s gotta be true!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Easy for you to say i read where you said you had the #20 if that was baffert or pletcher that horse stays put. Its hard enough picking winners etc. I get over things fairly easy ill be over horse racing by next week. I spend to much time anyways handicapping, betting, watching. I'll miss going to keeneland with the wife besides that i won't miss wondering from here on out if i do hit a winner will it come down because the stewards dont happen to like certain trainers. That point is the #7 was the best and no-one was going by him
So Kentucky stewards don’t like Jason Servis? For what reason?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Les Bois

Don't know, don't give a **** enough to go back and forth with you.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsoxfan View Post
That’s how I knew it was the right call

I’m being sincere here, a DQ sucks and I’d be pissed too. But I also know when I get DQd I’m probably a bit biased when I rant afterwards. I’ve been DQd for big scores and it never gets an easier. I wish there was some consistency and on the bright side I think we do have it sort of in NY.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Don't know, don't give a **** enough to go back and forth with you.
Listen if you want to stop betting horses because of this go for it. But pretending the horse got DQd because the stewards don’t like the trainer is silly.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
That’s how I knew it was the right call

I’m being sincere here, a DQ sucks and I’d be pissed too. But I also know when I get DQd I’m probably a bit biased when I rant afterwards. I’ve been DQd for big scores and it never gets an easier. I wish there was some consistency and on the bright side I think we do have it sort of in NY.
I agree Hoss. It just stings. Was having a bad day wagering and that exacta
wouldve gotten me my money back. But as you said it’s happened before and will likely happen again. Feel bad for the connections of the horse. It cost them a whole lot more.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Hialeah Park

The greatest thing about this whole event was it has brought the old posters like DaHoss, Rudeboyelvis...I would love to get Morty's take on this
Old 05-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
It is easy for me to say, but I also said midrace before I even knew the results that he came over hard (which you’ll just have to take my word for.) It’s a tough situation. No one wants the results of the Derby to be determined by the stewards...but I think they made the right call.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:00 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
The greatest thing about this whole event was it has brought the old posters like DaHoss, Rudeboyelvis...I would love to get Morty's take on this
Maybe some Sumitas mixed in?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Maybe some Sumitas mixed in?
He’s still fixated on Golden Missile
Old 05-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Havre de Grace

They kissed me up, but that call stunk. 19 hoss field in the mud is gonna produce contact. Gafflione had no business making that move. He was up his asss the whole backstretch too.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Santa Anita

I was against it (the DQ) before I was for it. Still hate that it happened at all.