Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Steve Byk

Default Ausable Chasm gets gate card; Looks to Toga start..

Ausable Chasm had a gate session this morning as she works towards her card, and breezed :37.14 from the sound of the bell.. Went fine. She stood professionally and broke alertly. Will need at least one more visit to get the OK from the assistant starters.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Steve Byk

Although it eluded the clockers, Ausable Chasm worked out of the gate Friday morning and was awarded her gate card by the starters. She'll work again next week as Gary considers a start at Belmont for her.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Hollywood Park

Looking forward to her first start. Hopefully I will be able to make it to the race!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Saratoga

...run very fast!!...
Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Pimlico

So looking forward to it !!!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Steve Byk

Horse name Ausable Chasm
Activity type Workout
Activity date 07-09-2010
Track Belmont Park
Surface Dirt
Distance 4 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 0:49.50
Track condition Fast

BELMONT PARK --- (Dirt) Track Fast

Al Muhtasib :50.56 B 37
Antrim Shield :50.34 B 34
Ausable Chasm :49.50 B 19 (of 51)
Avanta :50.64 B 42
Awesome Maria :50.59 B 40
Baatesh :50.41 B 35
Base Commander :53.06 B 51
Birdrun :49.50 B 19
British Banker :50.67 B 44
Broad River :50.98 B 47
Call Me Swift :49.33 B 13
Cires :48.15 H 3
Codetta :49.41 B 17
Deceive :49.66 B 23
Dontquityourdayjob :50.97 B 46
Eden Is Burning :52.46 B 49
En Fuego :50.31 B 33
Exchange Funds :50.01 B 29
Floating Alone :52.46 B 49
Forest Trail :49.91 B 25
Grace Alley :48.15 B 3
Great Fun(2008) :50.56 B 37
Hey Hey Mama :49.94 B 27
Insightful :48.24 B 5
Kiawah Cat :50.64 B 42
Kid Kate :49.06 B 11
Kristi With a K :48.24 B 5
Lady Cruella(2008) :50.56 B 37
Legend of Navarone :49.37 B 16
Monastir :50.59 B 40
Nykid Time to Jazz :50.16 B 30
On Vacation :49.50 B 19
Overlap :49.47 B 18
Persistently :49.91 B 25
Plastique :49.55 BG 22
Platinum :47.88 B 1
Punster :48.65 B 8
Quiet Power :50.30 B 31
Rock America :48.90 B 10
Scoville :48.67 BG 9
Social Vindication :49.34 B 15
Solar Panel :50.43 B 36
Stand Proud :50.67 B 44
Steal the Dance :49.33 B 13
Storm Showers :49.90 B 24
Stormy's Majesty :51.06 B 48
Tea Party Gal :48.55 B 7
Tidal Slam :49.94 B 27
Timber Cat :50.30 B 31
Two Moons :49.12 B 12
Web Gem :48.12 B 2
Old 07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Randwyck

Thanks for keeping us updated, Steve. I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival at Saratoga. Do you think she'll get a race in at Belmont before she ships?

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Thanks for keeping us updated, Steve. I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival at Saratoga. Do you think she'll get a race in at Belmont before she ships?
Gary is monitoring the extras to see if a NYB filly race (or even an open version) gets added. The only ones in the last Belmont book have passed including one for Wednesday that was of course canceled due to the heat.

So, unless PJ Campo puts one up on the next couple of overnights, it would appear that we're looking at a Saratoga debut.

The NYB filly races at Saratoga are as follows:
Mdn (NY) -- Jul 25th, July 26th (Turf), Aug. 2nd, Aug. 9nd

Will reach Gary today to see if there is any update.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Gary is monitoring the extras to see if a NYB filly race (or even an open version) gets added. The only ones in the last Belmont book have passed including one for Wednesday that was of course canceled due to the heat.

So, unless PJ Campo puts one up on the next couple of overnights, it would appear that we're looking at a Saratoga debut.

The NYB filly races at Saratoga are as follows:
Mdn (NY) -- Jul 25th, July 26th (Turf), Aug. 2nd, Aug. 9nd

Will reach Gary today to see if there is any update.
Saratoga opening weekend almost seems to be too good to be true, but I will keep my fingers crossed. How is Lloyd doing? What does his next step look like, Steve?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Saratoga opening weekend almost seems to be too good to be true, but I will keep my fingers crossed. How is Lloyd doing? What does his next step look like, Steve?
Nick,

Spoke with Gary who feels we need to stop on Lloyd with a turnout for 60-75 days. Something continues to nag at him and the vets that have gone over the gelding cannot see anything specific. Chuck also agreed with Gary's thoughts that time away should be beneficial after what has been more than a year of constant training for Lloydobler.

We'll perhaps make a Saratoga start late in the meet with Redboard King after he runs back at Philly before their August break.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Nick,

Spoke with Gary who feels we need to stop on Lloyd with a turnout for 60-75 days. Something continues to nag at him and the vets that have gone over the gelding cannot see anything specific. Chuck also agreed with Gary's thoughts that time away should be beneficial after what has been more than a year of constant training for Lloydobler.

We'll perhaps make a Saratoga start late in the meet with Redboard King after he runs back at Philly before their August break.
So, that pretty much means we won't be seeing LD in Saratoga??? :-(

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get to see RBK again. What a good lookin', sweet boy he is.

Issues aside, Dee Tee Stabes has cornered the market on owning good looking horses. The camera just can not capture how drop dead handsome/pretty LD, RBK, and Ausable Chasm are.

Steve - sent you an e-mail about someone interested in partnership.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
So, that pretty much means we won't be seeing LD in Saratoga??? :-(

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll get to see RBK again. What a good lookin', sweet boy he is.

Issues aside, Dee Tee Stabes has cornered the market on owning good looking horses. The camera just can not capture how drop dead handsome/pretty LD, RBK, and Ausable Chasm are.

Steve - sent you an e-mail about someone interested in partnership.
Thanks Doreen! Just checked that mail.

Am as disappointed as anyone about Lloyd not being in position to come north, but we'll be better off in the long run taking time now. He's got ability and pushing on him can only result in a bigger issue. The filly will be in Saratoga in about 10 days, and is terrific with visitors, so everyone will have the chance to enjoy her, and there's a good chance that we can get King up to Spa for the last half as well.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Thanks Doreen! Just checked that mail.

Am as disappointed as anyone about Lloyd not being in position to come north, but we'll be better off in the long run taking time now. He's got ability and pushing on him can only result in a bigger issue. The filly will be in Saratoga in about 10 days, and is terrific with visitors, so everyone will have the chance to enjoy her, and there's a good chance that we can get King up to Spa for the last half as well.
exactly. patience now can only pay off later. where will he be laying up?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
exactly. patience now can only pay off later. where will he be laying up?
Paula has friends with a perfect layup farm in New Jersey..
Old 07-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Randwyck

[quote=Kasept;667634]we'll be better off in the long run taking time now. He's got ability and pushing on him can only result in a bigger issue.QUOTE]

Thoroughly agree - just disappointed I won't get to see him.

There's lots of nice lay up farms in the TOGA environs. I've toured this one - really nice place.

http://www.puckerridgefarm.com/

Last edited by Princess Doreen : 07-11-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Dee Tee Stables

thanks for the info.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Newmarket

Unhappy This is my "pouty" face......

Sorry to hear about the situation with the "Lloydster" ......hoping that Redboard King does ship "north" though!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Delaware Park

Count me in as one of the disappointed as well but it's best for Lloyd. It would be great to see RBK in Saratoga thoug as well as Ausable Chasm. Can't wait to make my first trip to the backstretch to visit them...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Nick,

Steve, thanks for responding. I had a feeling that there was a problem. It is disappointing that he will miss Saratoga, but his overall health is most important and hopefully he will be ready for that maiden breaker when he gets back. A little R & R should do him some good. I appreciate the update and look forward to Lloyd getting back when he is ready.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Steve Byk

A race for NY bred 2yo fillies was not added to the Sunday (7/18) extras on the Saturday overnight. That means there will not be an opportunity for AUSABLE CHASM to run at Belmont and will likely run in one of the early NYB juvy filly events at Saratoga:
  • Sunday July 25th (5.5f)
  • Monday Aug. 2nd (6f)
  • Monday Aug. 9nd (5f)

Last edited by Kasept : 07-14-2010 at 04:13 PM.