Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarta
She even types with a southern accent..... You know in order to get a reference to this site, I had to provide my I.Q. and highest level of education. Welcome aboard!
LMAO Sam...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
She even types with a southern accent..... You know in order to get a reference to this site, I had to provide my I.Q. and highest level of education. Welcome aboard!
Hey, I love my accent. It is my heritage and character. I can talk "normal" though, but I have to try really, really hard. I have a funny story. I went to Fort Worth, Texas, a few years ago, and when I ordered my food, the waiter asked, "WHERE ARE YOU FROM"! I'll never get over it. I can't believe that someone with that much of a Texan draw would ask me where I was from! RITFLMAO!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyrosesinmay
Hey, I love my accent. It is my heritage and character. I can talk "normal" though, but I have to try really, really hard. I have a funny story. I went to Fort Worth, Texas, a few years ago, and when I ordered my food, the waiter asked, "WHERE ARE YOU FROM"! I'll never get over it. I can't believe that someone with that much of a Texan draw would ask me where I was from! RITFLMAO!!!
That sounds like my bf... he was born in High Point, NC and boy does he have that southern DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL. I love that accent!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
That sounds like my bf... he was born in High Point, NC and boy does he have that southern DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL. I love that accent!
nothin better than that southern draaaaaaawl....Sam sounds much better when it's 3 syllables....
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
nothin better than that southern draaaaaaawl....Sam sounds much better when it's 3 syllables....
Kinda like, "Siam." LOL!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Cunningham Racing

Here we go...no pic, but I've might have better...here is a video(s) of me from work I did for the Kentucky Oaks website...

http://www.kentuckyoaks.com/2006/oak...ype=racing#top

-JC
Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm not THAT bad! LOL! I can't sleep, and I have a lot to do tomorrow. I'm so tired that everything is seeming very, very funny to me. Do YOU ALL ever get like that? LOL!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
Here we go...no pic, but I've might have better...here is a video(s) of me from work I did for the Kentucky Oaks website...

-JC
So are you saying you're better than me? LOL. I'm just kidding. Really, nice, very impressive. I hope to be a prominent figure in horse racing myself in the next few years. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. I keep thinking about Hip #12 at the Two Year Olds in training Keeneland Sale this past April. He was an Orientate...You wouldn't happen to know what his name is would you? I would love to keep up with that horse. He sold for 175 grand. I've been tying to pick out young horses that I think are superbly bred and talented, and follow them throughout their racing careers.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

-JC
This is funny, but for some reason, when I clicked on that link the first time, it took me to John Asher! Your hair is WAY cooler than his, let me tell you. LOL
Old 06-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
So are you saying you're better than me? LOL. I'm just kidding. Really, nice, very impressive. I hope to be a prominent figure in horse racing myself in the next few years. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. I keep thinking about Hip #12 at the Two Year Olds in training Keeneland Sale this past April. He was an Orientate...You wouldn't happen to know what his name is would you? I would love to keep up with that horse. He sold for 175 grand. I've been tying to pick out young horses that I think are superbly bred and talented, and follow them throughout their racing careers.
Evidentally, he is still unnamed...I looked it up and my accesses indicate that he is still unnamed as far as the Jockey Club is concerned..

Here is his page...you may have it..

http://www.keeneland.com/sales/apr06/pdfs/12.pdf
Old 06-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
This is funny, but for some reason, when I clicked on that link the first time, it took me to John Asher! Your hair is WAY cooler than his, let me tell you. LOL
Yeah, I gave the wrong link at first by accident...My mother busts on me about my hair on these videos..I swear that they make it look worse than it really does
Old 06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Evidentally, he is still unnamed...I looked it up and my accesses indicate that he is still unnamed as far as the Jockey Club is concerned..

Here is his page...you may have it..

http://www.keeneland.com/sales/apr06/pdfs/12.pdf
I just loved this horse's stride, his eye, his conformation, and the way he moved. He looks all class. I think Orientate is going to leave his mark when it is all said and done in the breeding shed.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
I just loved this horse's stride, his eye, his conformation, and the way he moved. He looks all class. I think Orientate is going to leave his mark when it is all said and done in the breeding shed.
I don't know the individual, but I do know that $175,000 is a solid price to pay for an Orientate..
Old 06-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

-JC
Very nice Joel. You did it in one take right? I was waiting for you to put the winner on top. LOL You saw the race pretty much they way I did. I never gave the winner a second look.

I also enjoyed your Darley thoughts on another thread.

Bigs
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Now, if I remember correctly, KYrosesinmay is from somewhere out in the Virginia hinterland. I live in the Virginia hinterland, and I can assure you, it's becoming more and more rare to find someone with a true Southern accent in the fine state of Virginny.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
Now, if I remember correctly, KYrosesinmay is from somewhere out in the Virginia hinterland. I live in the Virginia hinterland, and I can assure you, it's becoming more and more rare to find someone with a true Southern accent in the fine state of Virginny.
Yep, I moved from southern Virginia to North Carolina about three/four years ago, but I spent more of my life in North Carolina than in Virginia because my horses have always been in North Carolina. When I did live in Virginia, I only lived five minutes away from the North Carolina border.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 AM

I live up by Winchester. That's horse country.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
I live up by Winchester. That's horse country.
You have to love Virginia for it's horses. They have some of the best hunter/jumpers in the country.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 AM

Or in my case, you can love the horses but be driven nuts by the horse people.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Secretariat

Quote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that my therapy for mistaken gender is going well..... Glad to see it ended up being the first 4 star thread....
Samantha....
Hey baby wazzz up, you free for dinner latter ???

you can wear than hot deep green teal pleated mini skirt with the matching open toed pumps, throw on that black thong...
ya baby.... forget the bra.... 8 ish okay ???