Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I'm not defending them at all. Personally, I feel it was wrong and I feel sorry for the girl. I wish they didn't treat women like they do and wish that the rest of the world would put more pressure on them to change. Maybe something like this can outrage enough people to pressure them. Probably not though. The things you mentioned, I'm not ok with any of them. There are a lot of things in the world that go on that I'm not ok with. But I'll tell you one thing. If I'm ever in an Islamic nation, you can believe I won't ever steal anything because I know the punishment.
What does that mean- that you would steal something in a non-Islamic nation? Remind me never to invite you over to my place.

Seriously, as pgardn said, you don't have to even have broken a law to be arrested- the woman in this case was kidnapped- she didn't willfully go out to break any laws, and she still was accused of a crime and convicted.

Ah, Saudi Arabia- 16 of the 19 hijackers came from that illustrious nation, and we do nothing about it. A woman gets kidnapped, gang raped, and then sentenced to jail and lashings and we do nothing. Well, we need their oil. And the buyer doesn't get to dictate terms to the dealer.

And amen to your feelings on the state of rule of law in this country, pgardn...

Last edited by GenuineRisk : 11-23-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Oriental Park

She should have just gotten 100 lashes
Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 PM
The Curragh

Default Saudi King pardons gang rape victim

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saudi/stor...8798%2C00.html

a snippet:

"The king always looks into alleviating the suffering of the citizens when he becomes sure that these verdicts will leave psychological effects on the convicted people, though he is convinced and sure that the verdicts were fair," he said.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
What does that mean- that you would steal something in a non-Islamic nation? Remind me never to invite you over to my place.

Seriously, as pgardn said, you don't have to even have broken a law to be arrested- the woman in this case was kidnapped- she didn't willfully go out to break any laws, and she still was accused of a crime and convicted.

Ah, Saudi Arabia- 16 of the 19 hijackers came from that illustrious nation, and we do nothing about it. A woman gets kidnapped, gang raped, and then sentenced to jail and lashings and we do nothing. Well, we need their oil. And the buyer doesn't get to dictate terms to the dealer.

And amen to your feelings on the state of rule of law in this country, pgardn...
If it weren't for the Saudis, George H. W. Bush would probably be worth $50,000,000 less than he is.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:

Please be advised ....I am reminding you regarding myself.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
Please be advised ....I am reminding you regarding myself.
Oh, sh*t. I put in the mail already. Just mark "return to sender" and send it back, 'kay?

It's just as well. The envelope was sealed with tears.

Oh sh*t. Now I have that damn song in my head.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Thistley Downs

Oh, sh*t. I put in the mail already. Just mark "return to sender" and send it back, 'kay?

Oh..that was so funny.

At least the vapor now has company.

=;>
Old 12-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:

When did you first have sexual relations with GKP?