Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababooyee
and I fully expect some kind of Marxist-like dialectic crap.
Marxist.

Holy ... Im a Marxist. I dont like Ron Paul = Marxist

You have made your point about not being interested in a real discussion. I will assume you are joking like I was about his tendencies towards small government. (Which again you deftly ommitted)

So Jews control congress...?
Thats why we aide Israel?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababooyee
No, I was expecting Marxist dialectic crap.
So I am not a Marxist. I just spout off Marxist crap? I would think that might make me a Marxist.

And Paul's small government, let the private sector solve problems is a generalization I have problems with. The private sector is the best for many things. But horrible for some very important functions in a democratic society.

His apparent problems with Black's and Jews I will not dwell on. He has just said some things on record that I would never even say or think in a casual conversation. I find that a bit scary. I will leave it at that.

And I like this stuff because the man does scare me.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
pgardn

Oh I can be a sarcastic bhatch also. When one has to maintain a pleasant even attitude all work day venting is necessary.

"My son is failing what can we do?"

"Thank you for showing you care about your son 180 days into a 183 day school year. DID YOU GET ANY OF MY GDAMN PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS FOR GODS SAKE? YOU ASK WHAT WE CAN DO NOW? GO NAIL YOUR FOREHEAD TO YOUR KITCHEN FLOOR RIGHT NOW. YOU CALL YOURSELF A PARENT?"

so...

ron paul scares me
Old 05-25-2007, 05:33 AM
The Curragh

No offense, Pgarden, or anyone else for that matter, but instead of us interpreting what we think he has said or written, here is a link to his actual articles.. so all can read and judge for themselves...

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/
Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Arlington Park

[quote=Bababooyee]Marxist dialectic crap. And, no, it wouldn't necessarily make you a Marxist. For example, I sometimes use a hammer, but that does not make me a carpenter.

QUOTE]

lol. I have sung "Strangers in the Night" in my underwear but that does not make me a half-naked Frank Sinatra. Or so I have been told.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:08 AM
pgardn

The "just because I use a hammer does not mean I am carpenter" is really not a fair analogy and I think the babyoooe... knows this.

How does one actually become a Marxist? Just declare that's your party or ideology? Its not like its a job one gets paid for.

Yes. I work as a Marxist. I guess you could work at their headquarters and espouse their rhetoric and that would make one a Marxist. A silly comparison I let slide... until now.

And I have read what Paul has written. But interviews can be very telling. I might very well have read more than anyone on this board about him and I can almost guarantee I knew this guy and his ways long before he was a "candidate". He has been in Texas for a while fellas.

And this really is going nowhere cause he does not have a chance in hell.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Guys like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are important. Their views are very different than the more manstream candidates but they are voices that should be heard.

Would you be happier if all the Republican candidates had the same position on every single issue? Or if during the GOP debates the candidates would all just be arguing what the exact name of the color of the carpet is? That's what you would get.

The people who better wake up are the ones running the Republican party. This is the party whose leadership will go to the wall to protect Alberto F'ing Gonzales while having no room at the table for a guy like Colin Powell.

Don't worry about Ron Paul. He's not going anywhere. But hopefully you didn't buy in on the post debate hatchet job they did on him.

Now Giuliani? If that mofo wins I will leave the country. Maybe I'll go to Texas.
Stud: leaving the country....going to Texas....Very Good
Old 05-26-2007, 07:09 AM
The Curragh

Default Ron Paul on Real Time with Bill Maher, 5-25

Forgetting his "alleged" past foibles, watch this video and tell me where you disagree with ANYTHING he said last night.
I promise you he is the only "politician" to EVER tell the TRUTH about the US's involvement (CIA) with the Shah of Iran, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B9KWISuvZWs
Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Thanks for the link, golfer. I can't vote for an anti-abortion candidate, especially one whose opposition to Medicaid insures that he won't be doing anything to make contraception more accessible to poor women (a policy that guarantees women's deaths since no one will ever be able to stop people having sex). That said, it's really refreshing to see a Republican candidate flatly stating the truth- that our interventionist policies in the Middle East over the last 50 years led to where we are today. I don't think there's an easy answer to that- we're still as oil-addicted as ever- but I think we can never find a way through these issues until we admit our own role in creating them. Gives me hope for the GOP. Now, if someone besides McCain (whom I can't stand) would actually speak out against torture, they'll really be getting somewhere...

Here's more excellent Bill Maher:

http://salon.com/opinion/feature/200...ter/index.html
Old 05-26-2007, 01:29 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
Forgetting his "alleged" past foibles, watch this video and tell me where you disagree with ANYTHING he said last night.
I promise you he is the only "politician" to EVER tell the TRUTH about the US's involvement (CIA) with the Shah of Iran, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B9KWISuvZWs
Little snippets do not make a man. He has been around a long time. I look at this man in totality. And I thank him for his honesty. About Jews running the Congress, and blacks swiftly stealing his wallet. Oh yes, 95% of the Blacks in DC are criminals. 95%... he apparently counted.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Little snippets do not make a man. He has been around a long time. I look at this man in totality. And I thank him for his honesty. About Jews running the Congress, and blacks swiftly stealing his wallet. Oh yes, 95% of the Blacks in DC are criminals. 95%... he apparently counted.
Here's the best article I could find in terms of quoting him most directly:

http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...5/23/paul.html
Old 05-26-2007, 05:08 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
Here's the best article I could find in terms of quoting him most directly:

http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...5/23/paul.html
He has been around before the internet. 85% not 95%. I missed by 10%. I wonder how this data was obtained. The deal is this: a guy appears to show some sensible comments on the war in Iraq and it grants him immunity from his earlier political statements. When you live in a state that a guy has been in for a long time, and you have followed him because of his more than strange views, it gets a bit upsetting when he is suddenly proclaimed sane because of a U-tube bit and a presidential bid.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:22 PM

You were correct in your earlier quote- here's his comment:

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.